Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Velvet Unicorn

Rhino Keeper

Velvet Unicorn

Another event where we need to earn 500 hearts per day, to win the last prize, but can only earn 200 hearts per day, unless we spend $1000 real money on gems🤨🤨

Community Manager [S8] Vanellope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woldawson View Post
    Another event where we need to earn 500 hearts per day, to win the last prize, but can only earn 200 hearts per day, unless we spend $1000 real money on gems����
    You are able to earn more than 200 hearts per day. You can collect from the decorations, as well as other things like quests, breeding, mining, etc., to earn more hearts. However, if you experience any issues with your account, please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8

Link is in my signature

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Vanellope View Post
    You are able to earn more than 200 hearts per day. You can collect from the decorations, as well as other things like quests, breeding, mining, etc., to earn more hearts. However, if you experience any issues with your account, please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8

Link is in my signature
    Every 24 hours, we can collect,
    Farms-144, Mine-10, Breeding-48, Nest-24, Decor-24, evolving 24. Total 274x30 days = 8220. Still not the 12800 needed to win the Velvet Unicorn. Am I missing something??

Fashion Designer
    I currently have 3,560 heart stone points, and that's with speeding up a Crystal Unicorn breeding/hatching/evolution with free gems (saw that timer pop up and had to see). Last event I managed to unlock the Monument on the second to last day, so I was able to get to 5,000 plus then (with a lot of free gem speeding, though), so i've pretty much assumed that i'll be able to unlock the First animal prize no problem and won't be able to/not possible to unlock the final prize without gem spending.

I'm curious to see if there's a "Free Play" strategy that's actually mathematically able to reach the last tier!

I generally try to keep Prunes cycling in my farms, collect from my first free statue every 4 hours, and keep something breeding/hatching and evolving when I can.
    There doesn't seem to be as much interest in this game as other s8 games if forum presence is any indication, and judging by the last few event posts this "Gems Required" event set-up paired with limited space and no new expansions for old players might be why. :/

Executive Chef
    I absolutely love the Velvet Unicorn! But there is no way to reach the final goals in these events without spending a lot of gems. I was one of the games biggest fans and most ardent players, but even I have pretty much given up. Flatfoot said that he would work on reviving some parts of the game, but he probably hasn't had time yet as i have not seen any changes yet. I have 4 accounts, 2 of which are completely expanded and full of animals so no way to continue to play there. I bought a couple animals in the current sale but have pretty much given up playing the events because there is just no way to win.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

I was going to post about this too! I don't like how it's impossible to win the events, just makes it feel bleh

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by froggirl202 View Post
    I was going to post about this too! I don't like how it's impossible to win the events, just makes it feel bleh
    Yes & Vanellope is saying we can win. Wish they explain how. Is my math wrong?? Even with the 500 heart bonus, for breeding the Moonbill & feeding it to level 10, still only 8720 of the 12800 we need.

Fashion Designer
    Technically Vanellope just said that we can earn more than 200 hearts a day, with suggestions of activities - and by Woldawson's initial math it *is* more than 200- it's 274 .

I wonder if we're interpreting the comment as "You can win"/"You can finish" when it's really just "oh you can earn more than 200 points, these are some activities to help you earn, let us know if there's a problem with your account." ? Too hopeful, perhaps, to extend that to "you can earn enough for the final prize" (without spending gems)? 😅 Please let me know if i'm off base, just wondering since re-reading the post this morning.

Thank you for your insight, mymonta.
    I hope we do see those improvements soon! ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Woldawson View Post
    Yes & Vanellope is saying we can win. Wish they explain how. Is my math wrong?? Even with the 500 heart bonus, for breeding the Moonbill & feeding it to level 10, still only 8720 of the 12800 we need.
    It’s an absolute joke, takes forever to get the second decoration and they give lousy points. The prizes points are out of control and everything else stayed the same.

Executive Chef
    So, I have 6 farms - that I round the clock planted 4 nests - that were always occupied, 2 evolution flowers - that were always in use, the 2 points monuments, breed the required animal, fed and evolved it and mined constantly (for points only since I have about 3 thousand runes) and was still 3 thousand points short. How on Earth is this event meant to be possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast