Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Bug Catching Bonanza Event - 2020 June 24

Quote Originally Posted by raissawinda View Post
    Not a single bee from the juicer to complete my turn in.
    The juicer is extremely stingy (((

Rhino Keeper
    Anyone else having connection issues tonight?
    ⚔ #23 - Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. ⚔

Executive Chef
    I turned in my last and final collection.

Ending this event with;

5 Blossom Chrysalis
    3 Summer Bug Zapper
    2 Bug Statue
    2 Butterfly Box
    1 Jewel Beetle Pig

And my personal favourites!
    2 Ant Picnic(s)
    2 Firefly Jar(s)

--

Since the cows set the picnic up earlier, and are now too focused catching them bugs - there picnic food is being stolen, by ants

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9BAADE5F-954E-41BE-AEAB-71CC638ECE97.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	803.0 KB 
ID:	55946

I also paired the firefly jars next to my crowned seahorse, because both have purple in it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A7F76E11-9DAF-456B-B38B-9121DAC0377D.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	285.8 KB 
ID:	55947

Executive Chef
    Final tally:
    1 Blossom Chrysalis
    1 Jewel Beetle Pig
    1 Ant Picnic
    2 Summer Bug Zapper
    1 Firefly
    (and 1 Summer Sprite)

Pros
    It was doable. For the most part, drops were relatively steady. Some took longer than others, but with only three exceptions, I was able to generally get enough to complete collections and have a lot leftover. I'm not counting the first item, because that was determined by whether or not we bought a Bug Bush, and I only bought the bushes once I had a complete collection.
    No pigs. I'm glad that this time it was the chickens and not the pigs. And, once I had enough to complete the goal, I wasn't returning over and over again and receiving dozens of drops because collecting from the pigs was a requirement for the accompanying Leaderboard event. I could choose to NOT collect from the chickens and avoid getting overwhelmed with eggs, like in the Mythical Birthday event. (Yes, I know it doesn't make sense, because I would be collecting from the pigs anyway. The point is, it wasn't the pigs. Work with me, I'm trying to find positives to mention without repeating what I said about the last few events.)
    Interesting prizes. I was only able to receive 5 of the 10 prizes, but from what other players have been saying, at least a couple of the ones I didn't get are very appealing. It would have been nice if I'd been able to get the Firefly Jar and the Fluttering Butterflies, but it was not to be.

Cons
    The Mine? Again? 'Nuff said. Moving on.
    Drop rates. It's a given that the last day's drop item will be the hardest one to get from drops, but this time around the Juicer seemed particularly difficult to get drops from. I don't know how many Citrus Juice I made (I was buying lemons and oranges from neighbors and the newspaper), but to only get 6 drops was very frustrating. Maybe I would have received more drops crafting something that took longer, like Pear Juice? But, then, if it DIDN'T change anything, I would not have had as many opportunities to collect, because Pear Juice takes 3 hours, whereas Citrus Juice only takes 40 minutes. Maybe, if we knew which items were more likely to drop what we need, it would be different...but because there seems to be about an equal chance with one item as another, it becomes a question of time and opportunities, so...yeah, frustrating.
    Fireflies. The Fireflies were difficult to spot. They're meant to be difficult, of course...but even if they are in a formation, the fact that there is space between the fireflies makes them more "invisible" or "less visible" than the pop-ups in previous events. Add to that their color scheme and they were even harder to spot than usual. Because we have so many different colors on our farms, the fireflies tended to blend in...unlike some events in which the pop-up animal was mostly a single color (like a seal or a dinosaur, during those events). Difficult, but not impossible. However, the drop rate from the fireflies was also a bit low. It took me the better part of almost 30 hours to get 3 drops to go on to day 3's goal.

Final thoughts
    This event was, perhaps, easier for me than previous events, in part because I managed to finish the milestones for the Leaderboard event earlier than usual, so I could focus more on this event. Also, I had stockpiled items for one of the side-goals that I knew would be coming up, so I did not lose extra time crafting for those goals. I'm pleasantly surprised that I managed to get the pet prize from the collections (Firefly), even if it does mean I'm probably not going to be successful again until next year, but oh well.

Overall, I'd give this event a 3 out of 5. It was doable, but needing to go to the Mine--again--and the weak drop rates on the Juicer made it less enjoyable than it might have been.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    Final tally:
    1 Blossom Chrysalis
    1 Jewel Beetle Pig
    1 Ant Picnic
    2 Summer Bug Zapper
    1 Firefly
    (and 1 Summer Sprite)
    Congratulations on your end results and with what you've won.

Especially getting both the firefly (the pet) plus the ant picnic.

I only got the ant picnic out of the 2 things that would've rewarded you with some sort of fishing bait, if you'd won both picnic and firefly.

But I'm glad I rather got 2 of the ant picnics instead. As I like the ant picnic more, in my personal preference.

But a still great win, nonetheless.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789