Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Catching Bonanza Event - 2020 June 24

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Spotting the Fireflies.
    Open your game.
    Within five minutes you will see the mole, the butterflies, the otter and the fireflies.
    If you don't ...he is there.
    This means you have a place you can't see. Behind a tree, a building, etc.
    This is the terrible part you are going to have to start at one corner of your farm and cover every square forcing these popup creatures to appear where you will see them. Leaving a place with open squares.
    On my farm the only squares not covered is around the name Sucky. My Cat's name.
    So move the machines, trees etc and start placing stuff on every one by one square. Sometimes close behind a building you have missed. Even under the ladder of Pipers Tree House. Then once I have tapped them I force close my game and start over.
    In following picture I circled the fireflies, you will also see the butterflies.
    If you have a hidden open square he is likely popping up in it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9930.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	193.2 KB 
ID:	55888

Farm Supplier
    Fourth spin in a row that I get a fence!!! Not fair!! We work so hard to get our pets!! I?ve been playing for five years! This might be my last!

Executive Chef
    So far only 1 firefly, at this point I'm stuck on goal 2 and might as well just give up on this event.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    So far only 1 firefly, at this point I'm stuck on goal 2 and might as well just give up on this event.
    Sounds like you have really bad drop rate, like me. This is what I did though to get 5 ...

Regardless how your farm is setup, if you are able to spot fireflies ...

Once you tap on fireflies, coins or drop, forececlose game. Re-enter game and repeat.

I say this because if you don’t force close, you will have to wait another 3-5 minutes before it appears again.

Force close is the faster way of triggering the appearance of fireflies on your farm - it pops up about 40 sec once u re-open game

Since drop rate is very bad, you will do this many times lol. My rate of drop is approx. 1 in 10.

You don’t need many, we all know day 10 is going to be super bad. Maybe try to have 5 so chance for that butterfly gnome pet for turning in 5x

I am leaving you a dragonfly net, sprinkled with magic sugar. Good luck.
    Last edited by ankavale1000; 06-28-20 at 03:26 PM.

Goal 6
    Get 3 Pond Skaters from fishing
    REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Quote Originally Posted by linborg View Post
    Fourth spin in a row that I get a fence!!! Not fair!! We work so hard to get our pets!! I?ve been playing for five years! This might be my last!
    I know how you feel! I keep getting fences too. Very frustrating.

Gave up on this event pretty quickly.

The only prize I was interested in was the caterpillar, but within the span of about two hours I was hundreds of points away from First or Second prize on the leaderboard. I just don’t have the time or resources to put into getting caught up at that point. I don’t know if these leaders got the rocket ride or what. If so, make it fair for all players. Either fix it or give everyone the option. Stop making it random. It’s simply not fair.

I’m not fussy over the prizes for the turn-ins. Looks like a lot of recycled items from past events, just modified to fit this one.

All the best to everyone trying to get the prizes!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ankavale1000 View Post
    Sounds like you have really bad drop rate, like me. This is what I did though to get 5 ...

Regardless how your farm is setup, if you are able to spot fireflies ...

Once you tap on fireflies, coins or drop, forececlose game. Re-enter game and repeat.

I say this because if you don’t force close, you will have to wait another 3-5 minutes before it appears again.

Force close is the faster way of triggering the appearance of fireflies on your farm - it pops up about 40 sec once u re-open game

Since drop rate is very bad, you will do this many times lol. My rate of drop is approx. 1 in 10.

You don’t need many, we all know day 10 is going to be super bad. Maybe try to have 5 so chance for that butterfly gnome pet for turning in 5x

I am leaving you a dragonfly net, sprinkled with magic sugar. Good luck.
    I tried your method, unfortunately I'm still stuck with just 1. The fireflies hardly show up and when they do it just gives me coins.

Thank for helping though.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Goal 7
    Get 3 Luna Moths from Passion Fruit Vines
    REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Executive Chef
    I am interested in turning in the 4 collections (on my end) to get the sunflower fairy.

I am also a bit interested in getting the bug house to place near my donkey cart. I may finally spend real money into this game.

Is the bug house a 1 time use? As I don't want to continually buy it. I would only buy it once, if I do look into an iTunes card into getting it.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast