Thread: Lost Gems

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar

Lost Gems

When you suddenly have less gems it likely means you have bought something you did not want by clicking too fast. I have been there...done that.
    Here are some very good suggestions from Rynetory2

Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    Some tips for those who don't know and falling into traps. Your farm layout is very important to avoid gem traps.

1. Never put fruit trees and growing ash trees next to machines or places where you frequently click. Put these trees to a safe area.
    2. Always use bucket to collect from trees and animals.
    3. During truffles hunt and mining, always be conscious of your remaining tries to avoid clicking on extending with 15 gems.
    4. Place herb garden, bee hive away to places where you are unlikely to click. Same thing for show pony pens, it's 50 gems for speeding up.
    5. When cooking or making items, don't do speed clicks in case you don't have the ingredients and end up wasting gems.
    6. Always use single click, never double click in FS. It doesn't work like the double click we often do on our mouse.
    7. Never play when you are tired or in a hurry. You tend to click super fast.

Hope these will help some of you. I had greatly reduced my gems wastage. So far so good, crossing my fingers lol

Feel free to put in a suggestion for a gem confirmation

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...m-Confirmation

Be careful when doing goals because sometimes there are skip buttons and you end up buying the pet or an item!

i have lost gems 3x. left f.s. with x amt. logged in with 30+ & 40+ less! amd s8 will not restore. frustrating! i will never get enuf gems to buy animal/pet

Farm Supplier
    You need to fix this GLITCH! AGAIN, I touched nothing and a large cache appears and over 300 gems are missing. Please FIX this!!

Quote Originally Posted by db1323 View Post
    This just happened to me. Lost almost 1000 gems. Sent email to support but got an email reply they have limited support services!! This is absolutely a bunch of s$*t! I want my gems back! I think they’re way of ignoring us is to say they have “limited support services”. If they really did they wouldn’t have sent and email back with the topic “ ticket closed”. So much for their follow up and customer service!

Executive Chef
    A neighbour of mine just quit due to gem loss. It's sad because I actually really liked them, my favourite neighbour I ever had on farm. Back to the topic at hand, however, is the fact it's honestly scary to have any amount of gems on you. Unless you're absolutely fine with taking the loss if they happen to disappear. Because in some cases, that is true. You can just lose them to the server and not having accidentally bought it used them on something, just straight up lose them to nothingness. I've lost gems and money before (to the void) but luckily it's been no more than 10 or so dollars but luckily it was an amount I could accept my losses on. It's probably not ideal but only keep a gem amount on you that you're either okay with potentially losing or would just accept your losses on it if you were to lose it. In most cases I never have more than 100 gems on me unless I plan on using them as fast/soon as possible. As you probably won't get your gems back in any event/case of you losing them, as a great deal of people don't..
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 07-03-21 at 01:50 PM.

Mad about unexpected pop up. I was trying to purchase an item from a neighbor?s market and a pop up for converting gems to coins appeared just as Selected my market purchase. I lost 200 gems buying unwanted coins and missed my market purchase. storm8, I am getting sick of pop ups and this really hurts. You could at least ask for confirmation on an unwanted and untimely pop up. This was sneaky and mean. I filed a report but am also posting because other users need to know this. I want my gems back. If this happens again, I will quit. Sad as I have enjoyed the game for 6 years.

Update: Storm8 reversed the transaction, thank you! However, they said only this time.

So, warning to others: Watch out for those pop Ups!
    Last edited by FarmerIreneOK; 08-12-21 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerIreneOK View Post
    Mad about unexpected pop up. I was trying to purchase an item from a neighbor?s market and a pop up for converting gems to coins appeared just as Selected my market purchase. I lost 200 gems buying unwanted coins and missed my market purchase. storm8, I am getting sick of pop ups and this really hurts. You could at least ask for confirmation on an unwanted and untimely pop up. This was sneaky and mean. I filed a report but am also posting because other users need to know this. I want my gems back. If this happens again, I will quit. Sad as I have enjoyed the game for 6 years.
    All you can do is file a report and hoping for the best for you. Very sorry for your loss.
    Volunteer Moderator. Here to answer questions!
    I am a Farmer and a Player just like you!
    Need Technical Help With Your Game?
    Contact Storm8!

Storm8 Support Form: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TwixAndScones View Post
    A neighbour of mine just quit due to gem loss. It's sad because I actually really liked them, my favourite neighbour I ever had on farm. Back to the topic at hand, however, is the fact it's honestly scary to have any amount of gems on you. Unless you're absolutely fine with taking the loss if they happen to disappear. Because in some cases, that is true. You can just lose them to the server and not having accidentally bought it used them on something, just straight up lose them to nothingness. I've lost gems and money before (to the void) but luckily it's been no more than 10 or so dollars but luckily it was an amount I could accept my losses on. It's probably not ideal but only keep a gem amount on you that you're either okay with potentially losing or would just accept your losses on it if you were to lose it. In most cases I never have more than 100 gems on me unless I plan on using them as fast/soon as possible. As you probably won't get your gems back in any event/case of you losing them, as a great deal of people don't..
    My favourite FS2 neighbour has slowly been returning back to the game lately. They really helped me in my initial selling days when I really needed the coins, so for that I do have somewhat of a soft spot for them out of every neighbour (+visitors) that I've ever had. That, and they're a friendly person to chat with occasionally.

Anyways, glad that they might be coming back to play the game now. Despite that unfortunate and unfair gem loss.

Nothing important to add, other than the fact they did leave a while ago due to this gem lost. So still slightly related in that regard.

Everyone who plays farm2 knows stormie is a gem thief ����
    I just pull out my hair and roll with it
    One day when i’m bald i will have the sense to go into farm2 addiction rehab and quit. ������