Thread: Thoughts about goal ovens/recipes

Host(ess)

Thoughts about goal ovens/recipes

I left the game for many years and came back a few months ago.

I don't mind that I've missed out on decorations, but it's frustrating to me that there are so many ovens and recipes that I can't get at all. As a completionist I'd be willing to unlock them with gems just to be able to complete things.

I understand that people completed goals to unlock them, but as a player who missed a lot, it's frustrating that there are so many things that I just can't make. And, obviously, I'm having the same problem with Restaurant Story.

I know that there are some 5-day goals that can use past ovens, but so far I haven't been able to access old recipes. They're still locked. Also, I'm not sure about this, but I don't think the 5-day goals have unlocked any ovens that I couldn't access. In other words, the 5 day goals haven't used greyed-out ovens that are goal only.

What are your thoughts on goals ovens and recipes? Any chance of Storm8 making these available through gems or another means? Has anyone else been able to unlock old recipes or ovens through 5-day goals?

It's really my only complaint about the game. I can't imagine new players coming in and seeing how much is off limits.

Rhino Keeper
    I completely agree with this. The whole game is just ruled by goal after goal and ovens that if you don't play the goes then you don't get access to. I emailed about this but got no response 😔

Nightclub Owner
    It's only been recently, as in the last few months, that the previous goal recipes remain locked when a goal appliance is relisted during a five day goal. For the longest time when it was relisted the original goal recipes were unlocked as well. There's been no reason as to why this has changed suddenly, so I'm hoping it's just due to current events and we'll eventually go back to getting the relisted appliance and old recipes unlocked.

Executive Chef
    Bring back the old layout where we had a 28 day goal one week, crate the next, and a regular update with an oven and some decorations

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by xxEDLxx View Post
    Bring back the old layout where we had a 28 day goal one week, crate the next, and a regular update with an oven and some decorations
    That's the dream, isn't it? I would loooove to go back to that pattern and I look back on those days with nothing but fondness... well, maybe a slight bit of envy as well, lol.