Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost of interest

Executive Chef

Lost of interest

I have noticed a somewhat lack of interest in the game.

I don't know what's caused this, I only have pure speculation on why I've been driven away a bit.

Lately, I have been off because of a high risk pregnancy, with my wife - not getting in person details, at least not in forum. But because of this high risk pregnancy, I've taken a lot of time off the game, self explanatory, and it's caused me to (I feel) almost fall out of the game entirely like it did last year back in September, but this time it's with both of my more "used" bakeries - instead of just the one. Which makes me even more scared, in a way.

I'm taking a break until she has the baby, but I truly hope I can bounce back from this entirely, and get a true sense, or even new found enjoyment from bakery story again.

When a game gets a bit boring, or you lose interest, what is the best thing to do? - to either prevent fully leaving, or even spicing things up in the game, to return and be the best neighbour I can be, to all the neighbours I have. Maybe not tipping daily as I have over 380 neighbours, just on one bakery, but at least making sure they at least get 5 gifts (if not the full 7) per week to ensure they are able to make SOME use of having me as a neighbour.

Again, would taking a few month break help me entirely, to get back in the game?

I don't care about losing neighbours anymore, like I may have in the past - as I realise there is a better and even more active one to fill my spot. And on my side, it would be selfish for me to have them keep me or be upset for them to delete me. So I understand.

Truthfully, I lost just a bit interest in bakery back in September of last year, I truly thought it was just a "phase" that would go away, which I thought it did, but in reality, I don't think it really did. I was just able to ignore it a bit, or play it off.

But again, my lack of interest has returned or has been made more apparent, for better or for worse? I don't know.

I hope this is a phase, and that maybe a prolonged break will help the lack of interest, but maybe I have outgrown the game. Maybe it is time to move on - even though I'm having issues thinking about fully leaving.

What should I do?

Out of all the threads I've made, this one is definitely one that I hope gets replies, answers, and stays up and on topic.

I used to be a semi hardcore player back in March 2017, and a little back in mid-late 2018, but I'm not even a regular player now. At most I'm on 4 times a week; at least for the last month. and that's just to look at my robot, weird but foolishly enough. It's really the only thing keeping me now. If you would've told me my future in the next 2 and a half years, let alone 3, back in 2017, I would've not have believed you.

It's like what happened to restaurant story, I quit back in 2017, because I grew interest in bakery, so I switched games, I returned back on restaurant I believe in late 2017, quit and haven't permanently went back to playing it, at least not actively. I truly don't want the same to happen to bakery like it did with restaurant.
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

Executive Chef
    Again, enough rambling on about nothing - but what has truly helped you from fully leaving permanently when you've lost interest?

Any advice, tips, or stories you can tell me that may help in one way or another.
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

For me, it's the decorating. I love redesigning my bakery every few weeks. Like right now I'm planning out my 4th of July design, with a costume parade that marches down the street in front of my bakery, and spectators lining the street. This is what keeps me going. The 15-day goals have become boring - they just use a repeated formula of exactly the same steps, but I still do them. Every once in awhile we do get a nice piece of decor that I'm excited about, or a nice looking recipe. I prefer the 5-day goals and getting new recipes on old ovens. I almost quit during the gem dispenser "take back", which still makes me angry when I think about it. And I hate the constant ads that interrupt gameplay. But I really enjoy decorating, designing, and constantly recreating the bakery, so I stay.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwixAndScones View Post
    I have noticed a somewhat lack of interest in the game.
    I saw another post of yours on another thread where you mentioned a few players were commenting about your bakery. Other than your current family events, could this possibly be a reason you have lost interest? If this is, it shouldnt matter. Who cares if people dont like your bakery? Its yours, not theirs. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What others may think is horrible, could actually really look nice. If others dont like it, just move on. If its really affecting you then sure, try a new design but dont feel forced to just because somebody said something about it. You do you! Good luck with your family and I hope you will find your answer!

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by BettiBoopsie View Post
    For me, it's the decorating. I love redesigning my bakery every few weeks. Like right now I'm planning out my 4th of July design, with a costume parade that marches down the street in front of my bakery, and spectators lining the street. This is what keeps me going. The 15-day goals have become boring - they just use a repeated formula of exactly the same steps, but I still do them. Every once in awhile we do get a nice piece of decor that I'm excited about, or a nice looking recipe. I prefer the 5-day goals and getting new recipes on old ovens. I almost quit during the gem dispenser "take back", which still makes me angry when I think about it. And I hate the constant ads that interrupt gameplay. But I really enjoy decorating, designing, and constantly recreating the bakery, so I stay.
    I agree with this whole entire post. Designing is possibly the funnest thing in the game! Im a huge collector of items and because I have so many, there are endless designs and possibilities! I participate in 15 day goals for the recipes, It doesnt matter to me if I dont recieve the prizes. 5 day goals are fun! The prizes are cute and if they come out with a 5 day goal for an oven I already own, its much easier! You get ad pop ups? I dont get them at all (lucky me?) I only get them on fashion story

Quote Originally Posted by rwbflicka View Post
    I agree with this whole entire post. Designing is possibly the funnest thing in the game! Im a huge collector of items and because I have so many, there are endless designs and possibilities! I participate in 15 day goals for the recipes, It doesnt matter to me if I dont recieve the prizes. 5 day goals are fun! The prizes are cute and if they come out with a 5 day goal for an oven I already own, its much easier! You get ad pop ups? I dont get them at all (lucky me?) I only get them on fashion story

I do love to redecorate, but it is SO annoying to do so. Almost every item i have has been removed, so when you place it you have to spend forever scrolling to get to where you were. That is so frustrating! I've been playing this game FOREVER. I took a break about a month ago, and i came back, but im still OVER IT. I redecorated. It took two days! Two days!! I dont know why they wont fix it where you dont have to scroll forever to get back to the decoration.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebaker601 View Post
    I do love to redecorate, but it is SO annoying to do so. Almost every item i have has been removed, so when you place it you have to spend forever scrolling to get to where you were. That is so frustrating! I've been playing this game FOREVER. I took a break about a month ago, and i came back, but im still OVER IT. I redecorated. It took two days! Two days!! I dont know why they wont fix it where you dont have to scroll forever to get back to the decoration.
    Good point. All the cute stuff that I mostly use had been removed from the game so it takes forever... Keep in mind the fact that my bakery is at max expansion, so I need to place many items to fill the space. I usually get frustrated around December, the Holidays season. I have tons of these snowball tables, but just to place one it needs me to scroll all the way to the end of my list. These tables cost hard earned gems, but I usually do not use them due to the fact I need to click so many times. Kinda disappointing. It does make me frustrated with the game, so I see why some would lose interest.

Executive Chef
    I saw another post of yours on another thread where you mentioned a few players were commenting about your bakery. Other than your current family events, could this possibly be a reason you have lost interest? If this is, it shouldnt matter. Who cares if people dont like your bakery? Its yours, not theirs. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What others may think is horrible, could actually really look nice. If others dont like it, just move on. If its really affecting you then sure, try a new design but dont feel forced to just because somebody said something about it. You do you! Good luck with your family and I hope you will find your answer!
    Well, to be honest, it's probably a bit of both.

I tried to not let it bring me down, (the comments) but it just did. It's also hard not to listen to them comments because of me constantly getting them.

So I switched bakeries to my winter one, because it looked better, in comparison, and my wife's pregnancy got scarier as she got further along - so it prevented me from really getting on.

It's hard to explain. But it's probably a mix of both. I just thought to not bring that up, just because I didn't want to seem like I was pandering, in a way.

Anyway I'm glad this thread has remained civil!

Good point. All the cute stuff that I mostly use had been removed from the game so it takes forever... Keep in mind the fact that my bakery is at max expansion, so I need to place many items to fill the space. I usually get frustrated around December, the Holidays season. I have tons of these snowball tables, but just to place one it needs me to scroll all the way to the end of my list. These tables cost hard earned gems, but I usually do not use them due to the fact I need to click so many times. Kinda disappointing. It does make me frustrated with the game, so I see why some would lose interest.
    Android helps with this, if you have an Android. At least a Samsung.

When I have multiple items that I want to display, when I decorate; I switch to my Samsung phone because it lets you get out multiples of the same item all at once,
    Instead of Apple, where you constantly have to click, it sends you back to home page, and you have to scroll all the way back to even get a second one out.

When it comes time to decorating, placing tables/chairs

Samsung > Apple

When it comes time to placing walls and flooring

Apple > Samsung.

I believe both have there advantages and disadvantages.

But I think they need to incorporate it into both, so everyone has an easier time (and less frustrating!) decorating, especially if they're a frequent decorator or like to decorate every so often.

Also - a question. I use to be in CET time zone, (ita) so my gifting time was 9am, obviously easier to gift since it was morning.

I am now living in MST time zone, which in turn, my reset time is 1am. Harder to gift, and more often than not, I'm already sleeping. Would a timer be accurate and possibly helpful to get me up in time to gift neighbours?
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwixAndScones View Post
    Well, to be honest, it's probably a bit of both.

I tried to not let it bring me down, (the comments) but it just did.

When it comes time to decorating, placing tables/chairs

Samsung > Apple

When it comes time to placing walls and flooring

Apple > Samsung.

I am now living in MST time zone, which in turn, my reset time is 1am. Harder to gift, and more often than not, I'm already sleeping. Would a timer be accurate and possibly helpful to get me up in time to gift neighbours?
    Like you said before, take a break from the account people have been bothering you on. Maybe when you return to that account, everyone will enjoy your bakery the way it is. I could see why you may feel upset, spending real money on the game and not enjoying it due to disrespectful comments. There are just a few bad apples, people who like to express their opinion without knowing it may hurt anothers feelings. But on the brighter side, there are many people who are very kind. Ive had one of my bakeries look absolutely horrendous, yet people still said nice things about it. Find people/neighbors who are positive and see how much better gameplay will be!

Thats pretty cool, yet annoying. Apple devices are better for wallpaper and tiles, but Samsung at better for limited time items. Why cant it just be a mix of both? That would be a great addition to the game, lol.

Personally, I do not think you should worry about gifting exactly at reset. Sometimes I gift 2 minutes after reset and some of my neighbors gifts are already maxed. For me, reset is 3:00 am and usually, I miss it. But when I first open bakery story in the morning what I do is gift my neighbors. The ones who are maxed, do not get gifts, and the ones who arent maxed will recieve from me. Its just a game. No need to change your sleeping schedule in order to be able to please neighbors by gifting. Gift whenever you like. It shouldnt be a problem.

I'm a type of person who loves doing boring things over and over again. I've been playing this game since 2013. And of course, I ever took a year break. I think it's between 2015-2016. Sometimes when I occupied with real life problems, I just left the game. Or maybe when I stumbled on some tv series that got me hooked up, I completely forgot the game 😂😂
    To me, the reset time for the game is on 2 PM or sometimes 3 PM. It's during my working hours at the office so often times I gift my neighbors when I get home after work. So yeah, not everybody get a gift from me because they're already maxed out. And to make it easier, I don't post on walls when I visit my neighbors. It takes soooo many times when I do that 😂
    And I only gift goal parts, that or basic parts and capps for certain neighbors. I don't do specific gift request because I don't have extra times to do that.
    Just play as you like. No need to worry about the game. I think it's more enjoyable that way.
    Last edited by choconutmilk; 06-24-20 at 10:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast