Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Mythical Birthday Event - 2020 June 10

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nagmad View Post
    Is there somewhere we can post requests etc. I would really really love a back up permission to use gems instead of it just being a tap and gems gone and something stupid done on the farm. I just made a chicken ready costing me 2 gems from trying to click on a stupid cow, I really hate that it doesn’t ask if you really want to spend those gems and just takes them. I’m sure it’s better to not ask for the makers but frustrating and annoying for the players
    Here you go a thread in the suggestions forum

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...m-Confirmation

Fashion Designer
    Can somebody help me? I am stuck at stage 7 of 9 and I am afraid I won't make it in time... :'(
    The problem is the Kitsune Charms, only 1 to 2 drops from the chickens and 4 is the max number I found somebody put them on newspaper yesterday. How unlucky me... Sad.

Drop rate of kitsune charms

I have been playing daily since the mythical birthday event started. So far I got 5 in words >f i v e< kitsune charms from my 2 chicken stables. This is ridiculous! The charms have a drop rate near zero on Android and I can't buy them from neighbors. What is the point in events that you simply can't achieve without buying gems?

Quote Originally Posted by raissawinda View Post
    Is the kitsune bunny booth animated?
    I took a chance and the bunny booth is not animated like the other booths, disappointing.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by raissawinda View Post
    Can somebody help me? I am stuck at stage 7 of 9 and I am afraid I won't make it in time... :'(
    The problem is the Kitsune Charms, only 1 to 2 drops from the chickens and 4 is the max number I found somebody put them on newspaper yesterday. How unlucky me... Sad.
    I’m posting 5 charms at a time, as soon as I get them.

Rhino Keeper
    Had I not spent a ridiculous amount of time watching the newspaper and getting incredibly lucky from a kind neighbor selling me a lot of Kitsune Charms I never would have finished the event. I was keeping track of my drops and collections from the arch for a few days. It was very revealing.
    I'm saving charms to help others, I have 9 and will continue to work those poor chickens.
    Best of luck to those still trying.

Executive Chef
    Finally finished and won my Zenko Kitsune.

Even though I'm sure my Chickens are plotting ways to sabotage me on the next event, I'll continue collecting from them and putting any Kitsune Charms they drop up for sale in groups of 10. Everything else is also going up for sale. I'm also not going to craft anymore scrolls, but I have 8 left to use on the Inari Gate, so anything else I collect (including Kitsune Charms) will also go up for sale.

Good luck to everyone! If we work together, we can all win

Executive Chef
    I'm glad this event is about to be over!

Congratulations to all who have finished or have participated and got what they wanted.

I'm hoping a leaderboard event follows after this event has ended. Hoping for another exotic pet as well.

Executive Chef
    Event's ended. Time for a critique...

Pros
    Doable. For the most part, the event was doable. At just under two weeks (I think it was 12 days and 20 hours, maybe), there was enough time to complete the event. Drop rates were manageable overall, though having to go to the Mine--once again--is really unpleasant: I went when I really had to, but if at all possible, I bought whatever I could from the Newspaper and, once I had the Inari Gate, prayed for drops to include the Kitsune Bell as well as the Kitsune Charm (more on that Charm later). Crafting times were also manageable...though that may be more because the event was long enough; a shorter event, and some of the crafting times would have been deplorable.
    Theme. The overall theme of the event was surprising and unexpected, but interesting and welcome. All the items connected to the event were appropriate and relevant. I also appreciate that the programmers did their research and identified two foods (deep-fried tofu, a.k.a. abura-age, and an udon noodle dish that includes abura-age as one of the toppings) connected to kitsune.
    Decorations. I don't have much to say about these, because I did not buy any, but from what I can tell, they seem to be appropriate to the theme. I do have the Inari Gate and the Kitsune Nest, and I think those will fit in well in the Asian section of my farm, so that is a positive. The other decorations looked nice as well, and maybe if they had been less costly (for me, anyway), I might have considered buying one or two of them.
    The Zenko Kitsune. This is an interesting prize to win. It provides another potential resident in Foxy's Den (along with Foxy and the Sand Fox...too bad the Arctic Fox can't also go in there, but I guess the Icy Igloo would be most appropriate) as well as the Wildlife Den, but it also makes use of the Mythical Meadow. Not that the Mythical Meadow is underused...but I remember when it could only be used for the Unicorn and the Baby Unicorn and nothing else. Now, about Goat Glades...

Cons
    Drop rates. Always an issue. On the one hand, I am very glad that we did not need to go to the Pigs for drops this time. That said, some players seem to have had difficulties with the Chickens' drop rates. My rates varied, and though it was occasionally frustrating--like, only needing 2 more to craft another Kitsune Mask, but only receiving 1...and then on the next collection receiving 3 or 4--I found that, supplemented with buys from the Newspaper and drops from the Inari Gate, I was able to manage. Still, I can see how frustrating it is for other players whose drops were lower and less frequent.
    Timing. I don't remember exactly when the side goal "Lucky Tales!" unlocked, but unless I'm mistaken, it wasn't available immediately. At the same time, though, the Inari Gate was available from the beginning...but if I remember correctly, the back of its card in the Shop didn't explain what it was for. Older players may have guessed its purpose, but newer players may not have known or understood why they should buy it. Furthermore, the Kitsune was already popping up on farms and dropping the Kitsune Prints...but also dropping the Kitsune Sketch, but the purpose of the Sketch would not be readily apparent or made clear until later. So, perhaps there needs to be a step in the side goal that indicates needing to collect the Sketches? But maybe I'm mistaken and the goal did appear at the very beginning. If so, I apologize for my false assumption.
    Buildings. I would assume that, if the programmers are going to create new content--in the form of new buildings with new recipes, etc.--that they would want their efforts to be acknowledged by that content being used on a regular basis (*cough* Forge *cough* and Smokehouse *cough*). And I'm not saying that the buildings aren't all being used. However, dropping all the event-related crafting onto just two buildings--especially buildings that DO have regularly-requested items in orders--may be a huge problem for players as they choose between crafting for the event, or crafting for orders (some of which are necessary to receive event-related items). It's not always an easy choice. That said, I'm confused as to why the Kitsune Kimono was crafted in the Farmer's Outpost and not at the Studio...though I do know the Studio often plays a role in events. Under the circumstances, though, perhaps the Kimono, with its longer crafting time (2 hours), could have been done at the Studio, leaving the Specialty Goods to do the Kitsune Mask (30 minutes) and Kitsune Scroll (1 hour), and the Farmer's Outpost to do the Kitsune Wisp (1 hour). Connected to that, given that we have a Deep Fryer, a Noodle House, and a Sushi Shop, perhaps the Deep-Fried Tofu could have dropped from the Deep Fryer, rather than from deliveries, and the Udon could drop from the Noodle House or the Sushi Shop rather than from the Passion Fruit Vines (which, to be honest, makes no sense and has no relevance at all). And yes, perhaps the Sushi Shop is not available to everyone, but the Noodle House figures prominently in Leaderboard events, so most players at levels high enough to participate would already have that building, at least. About a year ago, I suggested a "Great Spring Cleaning" in which some recipes were moved from their current buildings to more appropriate buildings, now that we do have some new buildings. Perhaps, to make better use of some buildings and not rely so heavily on others, this could be done. One recipe has moved before--the Raisin--from the Kitchen to the Dehydrator. If this could be done before too many more events, then when we have another event like this one, with different event crafts being required, they can be spread out to different buildings and not overburden any one building, and not make us choose between crafting for the event or for orders which might drop parts needed for the event.

Final thoughts
    This event was moderately difficult, but ultimately doable...if a player doesn't mind collecting from Chickens every 32 minutes and selling (and discarding) eggs on a regular basis. [I need to be very wary of my Chickens for the next event; from the Evil Eyes they're directing at me, they aren't happy and I think they're plotting ways to sabotage me next time.] Crafting times were reasonable, and quantities not too unmanageable. Certainly, despite needing to craft 3, 4, 5, 6, and then 7 of everything, at least we were not getting flooded by too many of one particular item from all the crops to be harvested. Overall, I would rate this event 4 out of 5 stars.
    Overall, I would give this event an 8.5 out of 10.

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    I always read your final comments PookieBear50 and look forward to them!
    I think we need a thread for final thoughts!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast