Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/05 Update: Baron's Tent Prizes (June 2020)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    I just looked through my inventory, searching for something, and suddenly noticed, that it showed my rotten cabbages! Has anyone else had them appear in inventory suddenly? I love having them there, especially now that we can't see in the tent how many we have during the weekend.
    I have them in my inventory too.
    Card says max 99.... I thought I got a black flag while collecting from my Cabbage Hut this morning, but I wasn't paying enough attention to be sure.
    I surely hope this was not the case..

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Card says max 99.... I thought I got a black flag while collecting from my Cabbage Hut this morning, but I wasn't paying enough attention to be sure.
    Agreed! There will be a lot of unhappy players if this is the case ...

Rhino Keeper
    WHAT?!?!? I was happy to see them in my inventory, but if they have put a maximum of 99 on them now, that's BAD!! I'd be absolutely furious, in fact! It completely devalues the cabbage hut if we can't accumulate them above 99!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    WHAT?!?!? I was happy to see them in my inventory, but if they have put a maximum of 99 on them now, that's BAD!! I'd be absolutely furious, in fact! It completely devalues the cabbage hut if we can't accumulate them above 99!
    Maybe everyone with more than 99 Rotten Cabbage can check if they get black flagged or not.
    Maybe it's a false alarm and I don't want to upset/ angry people for nothing.
    I can collect again in 17 hours.

Rhino Keeper
    Maybe everyone with more than 99 Rotten Cabbage can check if they get black flagged or not.
    Maybe it's a false alarm and I don't want to upset/ angry people for nothing.
    I can collect again in 17 hours.
    Yep I just got flagged for cabbages! So glad I just spent 70 gold tokens on a second cabbage hut!
    StormID: neferlala

Fashion Designer
    Oh, wow...

I was just typing that I have a Rotten Cabbage in my inventory with a limit of 99 too, and was really hoping it's just set that way as the "default" inventory max...
    Very disappointed to see ham's report of a Black Flag for Rotten Cabbage!!

I definitely would NOT have spent real money to purchase a Cabbage Hut this month if I had known the limit was going to be changed after months/years in rotation to be set so low (It seemed like a good month to save up cabbages since I wasn't interested in any of the weekday prizes, and could easily save for next months' hopefully awesome prizes). I already have 22 cabbages from only a few weeks, and "3.96" guaranteed big prize wins (technically 3 guaranteed wins, maybe 4-5 if you get really lucky with your throws) just isn't good enough to justify a real-life purchase in my eyes. ...

(EDIT: I just wanted to clarify that my major objection is that s8 is seemingly changing gameplay limits (specifically, how many cabbages you can accumulate; how many Alicorns you're allowed to have, etc.) that have existed for years, and these limits represent information that people have used as recently as this month to make informed real-life purchase decisions- and then those limits are changed after their purchase. Bad timing on my part, to be sure, but if people are willing to invest real-life money based on existing rules/limits, and then s8 changes those limits after the purchase(s) are made... shady. Bad practice.)

Hoping for some official insight soon.... i'm very disappointed.
    It just leaves me with a very bad taste in my mouth about this game and s8's practices in general. I saw that issues have cropped up before about limitations set on things that people invested real currency into before, but something like the regular Cabbage Hut which has been seemingly solid investment (with a whole thread dedicated to how to use it to save up for prizes and lots of information for newer players) ... hm. Maybe I should wait for official word before ranting too much, but I now have first-hand experience about why some people protest/quit the game over things like this. "They have my money," so they don't care, "and they won't get any more from me", right? I understand that sometimes other games that actually have trading and a "marketplace" to speak of make adjustments for balance, but the only possible reason for this adjustment (if it sets / holds) seems to be to keep people BUYING cabbages if they want the prize bad enough.
    Same as making rotten cabbages less appealing than the beautiful new Ice Cream prizes... keep people spending money.
    I love supporting games that I love to play, and I did decide to make a Gem purchase this month after having both a natural-colored Jaguar and the Mint Chip Alicorn released in the same month, but this kind of thing just makes me want to refuse any purchases in the future out of protest. Not because being able to get 3 guaranteed Big Prize wins is "bad", since that's still pretty good, but because I made a purchase decision and spent real money based on the idea that you can save up Unlimited Cabbages until a prize you really want comes along, and then maybe get multiples of that prize if you're lucky enough for it to appear in your tent at all or more than once, and now it seems like they're trying to impose a limitation on this.
    Maybe it's a fluke, maybe they'll adjust it back (plleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeee), but this is really not a great first buyer experience.

(Sorry for the rant, on a more positive not I am really hoping the Ice Cream Cabbages will stay for July since they're so Summery and everyone seems to need more than a month to get the prize they wanted . Just... really suspicious and disappointed in this possible development.)
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 07-01-20 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Wanted to clarify what my real protest is, and why i'm posting my frustration without official word posted on the subject yet

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I'll see what I can find out...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Thank you.

Executive Chef
    Thank you so much SpiritWind!

Rhino Keeper