Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Let's Go Fly a Kite Event - 2020 June 3

Rhino Keeper
    Here is the annoying part of discarding all those parts. They are good income if the buying bots would get to work buying all during the event instead of after. And it’s a waste of time having to stop what you’re doing to sell and discard sell and discard sell and discard when they should be turned into fast money. We already have to deal with constant pop ups stopping everything we’re doing. Most events I enjoy participating but I’m having frequent event fatigue and am wishing this one would just end and am really glad it’s a short one. If the programming could be altered with these insane drops I wouldn’t feel this way. Here’s an idea: instead of having one function completely stymie people, how about have two? Make drops with deliveries less frequent so people will be eager to send deliveries and share the event item creation with more than one maker at the same time? The same complaints happen every time and nothing changes.

I am certain i am not the only person experiencing this problem because other people are selling the goal parts that fill up/overfill the barn. Storm8 should either allow players to delete the unwanted goal parts or do not have the goal parts count against barn capacity or allow players to have a setting to opt OUT of goals.

Quote Originally Posted by KojiMama View Post
    Here is the annoying part of discarding all those parts. They are good income if the buying bots would get to work buying all during the event instead of after. And it’s a waste of time having to stop what you’re doing to sell and discard sell and discard sell and discard when they should be turned into fast money. We already have to deal with constant pop ups stopping everything we’re doing. Most events I enjoy participating but I’m having frequent event fatigue and am wishing this one would just end and am really glad it’s a short one. If the programming could be altered with these insane drops I wouldn’t feel this way. Here’s an idea: instead of having one function completely stymie people, how about have two? Make drops with deliveries less frequent so people will be eager to send deliveries and share the event item creation with more than one maker at the same time? The same complaints happen every time and nothing changes.
    This is why people in this country are protesting and rioting, for the same reason, complaints are IGNORED rather than addressed and changes made.
    As long as people accept this and continue to play storm8 games, NOTHING will change.

Executive Chef
    Honestly? I just want this event to end. I was so happy at first, but it's just becoming hard to get trucks completed. As you have nothing but them green kite strings clogging up the newspaper.

Let alone get any land expansions. I have not seen a single one since this whole event started.

It also massively covers your barn space, and fast too. I wish there was at least an event space area, too. Instead of it instantly going to your barn. I only have a space of 140. I will upgrade it again today, but again, it still won't be enough to have things I actually need in there - because it just keeps clogging up

When you try collecting anything from your crops, you instantly get a lot of the green stings. And even before you collect all of them, you need to either sell them or get rid of the green stings, just to even get the rest of your crops collected.

I don't sell my green stings, just because there is already so much of them, and it'll take forever just for them to get sold, especially since so much of it's already being sold. It's also the most easiest string to get, so again, I just don't sell them. Even though I wouldn't mind profit from it, I also don't want it sitting in my stand all day just to even get 10 of them sold. Especially when I'm already having a hard time getting fruits or etc sold. Even though I fully undersell them.

I hope somehow or sometime in the future, that there will be a separate space for event items. Especially if they aren't crop or food related.

Well, update! I was able to upgrade my barn space to over 185. But my point still stands with wanting a separate space or section for event items that aren't food or crop related.
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 06-06-20 at 09:49 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by BatCrzy2 View Post
    Yes, makes sense, thank you! I have a similar sea horse, just didn?t connect the two! I wish they would of made him move after you feed him instead of going to sleep!
    Does the other seahorse move more than the current one?

I don't have the other one, I only have the crowned (the newer one being offered) so I'm not sure

Executive Chef
    I realize I started the complaints about the Chicken Kite Strings, but I would also warn everyone not to go overboard. Instead of just complaining, maybe offer a solution as well. Constructive criticism is usually better received than destructive complaining. I was going to save this for later, but I'll state it now...

As I started to suggest, instead of having the drop rate high with 1 or 2 each time...

...only drop 1 each time? That will slow things down but still provide a lot of event items. (This I mentioned in my original post).
    ...keep it random at 1 or 2, but slightly lower the drop rate? Again, that will slow things down but still provide a lot of event items.
    ...switch to something else, like the Cocoa Trees? 2 hours is not a very long wait, but dropping 1 or 2 EVERY time would not so quickly fill our Barns.
    ...choose one level-appropriate crop--Sugar Cane, perhaps--and have all drops come from that crop only. If players need a lot of parts, they can plant a lot of that crop.

Any of these options might resolve my complaints without significantly affecting game-play.

The Mine...is another matter entirely, which I will save my critiques on for later.
    Last edited by PookieBear50; 06-06-20 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    I realize I started the complaints about the Chicken Kite Strings, but I would also warn everyone not to go overboard. Instead of just complaining, maybe offer a solution as well. Constructive criticism is usually better received than destructive complaining. I was going to save this for later, but I'll state it now...

As I started to suggest, instead of having the drop rate high with 1 or 2 each time...

...only drop 1 each time? That will slow things down but still provide a lot of event items. (This I mentioned in my original post).
    ...keep it random at 1 or 2, but slightly lower the drop rate? Again, that will slow things down but still provide a lot of event items.
    ...switch to something else, like the Cocoa Trees? 2 hours is not a very long wait, but dropping 1 or 2 EVERY time would not so quickly fill our Barns.
    ...choose one level-appropriate crop--Sugar Cane, perhaps--and have all drops come from that crop only. If players need a lot of parts, they can plant a lot of that crop.

Any of these options might resolve my complaints without significantly affecting game-play.

The Mine...is another matter entirely, which I will save my critiques on for later.
    I have tried to give feedback. Many, many times. At the end of the day, S8 does not listen. If they did, we wouldn?t be having this conversation.

Rhino Keeper
    I second Spring Peeper. If you read my ‘complaint’ post you’ll see two suggestions right there. And by the way I didn’t read your original post. I’ve pointed out this problem several times without needing to read anyone else’s post. There’s a lot of creativity in the programming but it has a bizarre blind spot when it comes to this. Here’s another suggestion: there are events where the drops don’t hit inventory. In this event the outpost creations magically vanish and can’t be sold but we have to deal with the deliveries annihilating our barn space, not being bought from our markets and destroying the newspaper economy. Suggestions galore and free.

Quote Originally Posted by TwixAndScones View Post
    Thank you for letting me know. I'm definitely glad I don't have to continually re-buy it.

I've made that kite you need for it

I've made two kites for this event. Soon to be a 3rd later on, but I get the "Red Kite" bird and a "Rainbow trough"
    Attachment 55662

I really like the bird the most, however. Out of all prizes I've received that one is my favourite. I am glad I made regular pet food last night. Though my intentions were to sell it, it seems I may keep a few, too.

Attachment 55663
    Thanks for sharing! Does the red kite fly around like the woodpecker and hummingbird, or does it walk around like the love birds?
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Shockingly, I got the bird after about 10 turn ins. Keeping the barn from bursting has been a challenge. I’ll still collect parts and help out anyone who needs them.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast