Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expanding to 27x29 using 80 gems?

New Resident

Unhappy Expanding to 27x29 using 80 gems?

I'm level 62, over 100 neighbors, and currently have the 13x15 floor size. I saved up 80 hard-earned gems to jump to the 27x29 expansion, only to find that I have to expand to 14x17 first. If I can jump from 14x17 to 27x29 I'd be okay with doing that, but I'm asking this: are there any other hidden requirements for expanding this big with 80 gems? If so I'll be really disappointed.

Additionally, some neighbors have told me they can get gems for watching videos, whereas I can't (I do have the newest bakery story update in the app store). I don't really think it's fair for some of us to have it, and others not... Any way I could get this fixed?
    Last edited by zgreyes; 09-29-15 at 07:13 AM.

Fashion Designer
    You have to buy EACH expansion IN ORDER. It sucks, I know. I'm waiting for another sale when they're 60 gems instead of 80. Hopefully they'll give us one soon.

Grand Emperor
    Expansion increment is +1. I'm curious what makes you think you can expand from 13 X 15 to 27 X 29 using only 80 gems? You need to expand one by one.

New Resident
    Expansion increment is +1
    I assumed (and have read that in the past) that expanding with gems lets you skip ahead past certain requirements, because it's assumed that you pay for it. I guess I'm wrong? What a let-down!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by zgreyes View Post
    I assumed (and have read that in the past) that expanding with gems lets you skip ahead past certain requirements, because it's assumed that you pay for it. I guess I'm wrong? What a let-down!
    I have not seen such info, maybe I missed it. I only expanded one by one. Sorry about this.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    Expansion increment is +1. I'm curious what makes you think you can expand from 13 X 15 to 27 X 29 using only 80 gems? You need to expand one by one.
    Yes you need to expand one by one.
    Expansion 27 x 29 is the maximum expansion so far.

Fashion Designer
    I did almost all of my expansions using gems and you have to do them one at a time.

Grand Emperor
    I used to do mine with gems. These days I save coins to expand, even it means I have to wait a while more.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jandtandn View Post
    I did almost all of my expansions using gems and you have to do them one at a time.
    I have reach the maximum for expansion 27 x 29. My bakery cannot expand anymore.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zgreyes View Post
    I assumed (and have read that in the past) that expanding with gems lets you skip ahead past certain requirements
    Only 3 things expanding with gems let you skip are: level requirement, cost of expansion in coins, and required number of neighbors. You can't jump to the highest expansion right away, you need to expand step by step.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast