Thread: No coin habitats for event dragons!!!!

Rhino Keeper

Angry No coin habitats for event dragons!!!!

Why in the world are we having event after event after event where almost every dragon we need to breed and/or craft for these events as well as the dragons given as prizes have no habitats available to buy for coins???!!! Seriously I have so many flower dragons, present dragons, etc that have no habitats available for coins! When we started having all the events with the World dragons I read so happy to finally have habitats available that I could buy for coins until I realized that you can only buy 1 World habitat for coins and it only hold 2 dragons unless once again you spend hundreds of gold to upgrade the habitat. It?s frustrating enough to have to spend all my time breeding these stupid common dragons that I don?t want but need for these events & DT but to not have any coin habitats for these dragons is just a slap in the face. I?ve seen numerous posts about this problem already but nothing ever seems to be done about it which is why more and more people are starting to stop participating in all the events & Dragon Tales. Sorry for the rant but seriously I would really like an answer as to why this is still happening and when, if ever, there will be a solution to this problem!!!

~Kat

Fashion Designer
    None of them are pure flower or present so you can put them on other habitats that you can buy for coins. Way back in the day they used to have one that was a pure type and the ability to buy a habitat for 1 million coin, but I haven't seen that in a while. Either way, you can put the dragons on habitats that you can buy with coins so there is no issue.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    None of them are pure flower or present so you can put them on other habitats that you can buy for coins. Way back in the day they used to have one that was a pure type and the ability to buy a habitat for 1 million coin, but I haven't seen that in a while. Either way, you can put the dragons on habitats that you can buy with coins so there is no issue.
    That’s true, however, why would I want to put ultra rare dragons in regular habitats? For example, I have one ultra rare dragon that is only a level 6 and makes over 1300 coins/hr why would I want to put that dragon in a habitat that can only hold 3000 coins?? Unless you plan on collecting coins every 2 hours minimum you’re losing coins!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess4110 View Post
    That’s true, however, why would I want to put ultra rare dragons in regular habitats? For example, I have one ultra rare dragon that is only a level 6 and makes over 1300 coins/hr why would I want to put that dragon in a habitat that can only hold 3000 coins?? Unless you plan on collecting coins every 2 hours minimum you’re losing coins!!
    That's a good point that I hadn't thought of.

Eventually you get to a point where coins aren't quite as important, but for the first few months it is definitely a scramble for coins and food.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess4110 View Post
    I get what you are saying, but that's the breaks no matter what you do. If you play any game more often, you progress quicker/earn coins quicker/etc. That's how all games go. I play the game a LOT and got to level 200 in about a year where other players take much longer because they play less and play differently (for example, I plan rushrooms, upgrapes, and diamondates almost exclusively). I also have over 2 million food and 30 million coin because of how I play/allocate spanding and feeding.

Other people do things differently. It doesn't make any one player better or worse. I often do not get the prize leaderboard dragon because I do not want to spend my boosts/gold/etc on them. I like certain ones and go for those. But I have more 5 dragon habitats than other people in my same spending bracket (I limit mostly to one pack of 530 gold/month at the most and have 3 gold dragons).

Rhino Keeper
    Total Agreement. And yes, many many comments along these lines have been posted to no avail.
    The only option is not to play the events. I no longer participate in Tales and after a significant investigation into Leaderboard over the last 6 rounds I am determined to drop these as well.
    Even tournaments are getting to the stage that it?s not uncommon for L15 contestants with the required elements to get beaten 10 to 15 times in a row. So boring.

Farm Supplier
    Wow that I wish I could do but I don't have the cash to spend on upgrading my habitats I have over 50 dragon in my storage I wish we could upgrade for coins put it I d millions ppl would play more. Did u purchase your gold dragon?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilisha View Post
    Wow that I wish I could do but I don't have the cash to spend on upgrading my habitats I have over 50 dragon in my storage I wish we could upgrade for coins put it I d millions ppl would play more. Did u purchase your gold dragon?
    I crafted my first gold producing dragon from the ticket temple. I saved up my tickets and that was the first gold producing dragon I acquired. I saved up gold for the second one and maybe spent the $13.99 to cover the rest of the gold I needed when a gold producing dragon was on sale for I *think* 800 gold. I didn't spend any more money on gold until that gold producing dragon made up the $13.99 (at 4 gold per day for level 10, it was 132 days or so - esssentially, I waited 3 months before spent any money on the game. I bougbt my third one in a similar manner, though I think that one was 1000 gold.

I spend money on the game ocassionally, depending on what my budget is, and how I feel about the game and staff behind it. Right now, I am overall content, even wih the loss of videos to skip battle times (I had to spend 30 gold on an ultimate two tournaments ago due to this).

I have been playing the game for the last 5 years or so.

I did play about 8 years ago when it first came out and liked breeding dragons but at the time it was just breeding, feeding up to level 10 and clearing land for more habitats. There were no events, no adventure league, no ticket temple, etc. I got bored with it after about 10 monhs or so. Land was getting harder to clear and I kept getting the same dragons.

Overall, it is much more interesting and fun now but there are issues as well, but there will be issues withany game and people not happy no matter what.