Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/21: Under the Sea | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Why are there so many dire boars spawning from chopping ocean rock? Can this please be fixed??? Or are we supposed to be looking elsewhere for skunkupines?

Executive Chef
    I just chopped all the rocks I'll need. After getting 30 skunks (and a fair number of dire boats) I parked a fish. I figure I will get the shell from adventures and since I'm still on the academy goals, need aspen trees, I will be fine with getting enough skunks without looking elsewhere.

Rock chopping got me 38 of the bottles for the adventure. I'll send out the seven and hope for a couple of ivy drops. I did get a few gold nuggets.

For those of you that can't store energy, spend the first few days concentrating on chopping the rocks to get the 440 shells needed, while collecting from Ivy and the sawmills remember you only need 22 sand dollars). After that you can concentrate on 1 goal at a time, ie, ok I need enough chicken drops for 4 crafts. It's much less overwhelming if you think of it that way.

Fashion Designer
    I get about 5 boars per 1-3 skunks. Usually per skunk but a couple times I have gotten 2 or even 3 skunks after 5 dire boars

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadraal View Post
    I get about 5 boars per 1-3 skunks. Usually per skunk but a couple times I have gotten 2 or even 3 skunks after 5 dire boars
    Boars are great for boar milk, which are great for eventually crafting a little baby boarlet in Ivy's nursery, which are great for feral magic drops, which are great for elven trades. I zoomed through a bunch of rocks and am now close to being able to craft my fifth little boarlet. I am happy. : D

PS good advice, HuckleTown. : )
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Quote Originally Posted by CelineDragoness View Post
    I am having a very hard time getting enough Oyster?s. Every time the wrong monster pops up while chopping.
    If your primary goal is harvesting oysters: spawn a monster, don?t **** it and harvest your oysters on a different spot.
    I often alternate this with ?normal? gameplay to get everything I need in the right amounts and the right time.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by oledoeeyes View Post
    I can?t find a skunk anywhere! Larkspurs are fang beasts, rocks are dire boars and golems , trees are fang beasts. So far twenty spawns of anything but skunks. Anyone else having this problem?
    Same here. 4 boars per rock, nothing from flowers and not even planting tomatoes helped.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    For those of you that can't store energy, spend the first few days concentrating on chopping the rocks to get the 440 shells needed, while collecting from Ivy and the sawmills remember you only need 22 sand dollars). After that you can concentrate on 1 goal at a time, ie, ok I need enough chicken drops for 4 crafts. It's much less overwhelming if you think of it that way.
    I have a slightly different take on this. Due to recent expansions, I have a lot of already grown trees. So the event material with the longest timer (except the drops from Ivy and sawmills) are the mussels, which drop from chickens. I wouldn't want to be stuck waiting half an hour for my chickens to be ready to collect again. So every time I log into my game, I collect from chickens first (and would water a few trees, if I needed to grow them), and then use any leftover energy for whatever is next hardest to get.

I consider the ocean rocks / oysters the easiest, because they are bought ready for chopping in the market and there's no timer involved. Therefore, I only chop as much as I need for crafting the stuff I have enough of the other materials for.

I feel like this makes for steady progress. Also, in this event format, always remember that the drop from Ivy's hut will slow you down anyway, so no need to stress about getting everything else as early as possible when Ivy will hold you back anyway.

(Obviously always collect from Ivy and the sawmills as soon as they are ready because of the long timers, but I feel like that goes without saying.)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    They may not 'change' the spawns rates but they are coded in the goal to make the desired spawn less frequent!
    That's my take anyway.
    Oh, I think you are right. It is all in the way the code is written. (Many moons ago I was a systems analyst / programmer. )
    Thuakie Sword #19

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    I have a slightly different take on this. Due to recent expansions, I have a lot of already grown trees. So the event material with the longest timer (except the drops from Ivy and sawmills) are the mussels, which drop from chickens. I wouldn't want to be stuck waiting half an hour for my chickens to be ready to collect again. So every time I log into my game, I collect from chickens first (and would water a few trees, if I needed to grow them), and then use any leftover energy for whatever is next hardest to get.

I consider the ocean rocks / oysters the easiest, because they are bought ready for chopping in the market and there's no timer involved. Therefore, I only chop as much as I need for crafting the stuff I have enough of the other materials for.

I feel like this makes for steady progress. Also, in this event format, always remember that the drop from Ivy's hut will slow you down anyway, so no need to stress about getting everything else as early as possible when Ivy will hold you back anyway.

(Obviously always collect from Ivy and the sawmills as soon as they are ready because of the long timers, but I feel like that goes without saying.)
    I recommend getting the rocks first because then you can send adventures to get crafting materials. That way you don't collect more materials from trees, skunks, chickens, sawmills than you need because the adventure drops them.

Since it's a wait on Ivy event, the 30 minute wait for chickens isn't that important, especially since you only need 44 of the chicken items and will have 12 days to collect from them. Also, put out all your chicken like animals, I've gotten drops from chicks, chickens, geese, flamingos, maybe turkeys.

Very stupid question. I?m trying to expand and I need one more yellow lantern. I need to made 4 yellow wisps and followed inventory as is what unclear. Can someone please tell me where to find yellow wisps? Thanks!
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast