Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/21: Under the Sea | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    Have you hever been this stupid in this game?:

I just tried to CHOP my rooted mine, mistaking it for a tree...
    Haha, be glad it didn't work!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by simpassoc View Post
    Why am I getting nothing but glimmer golems and dire boars when collecting from the ocean rock. I am a lower level player. Is there a goal that is giving me all these glimmer golems?
    Maybe you have the Goal that has you make a Baby Glimmer Golem?
    I get most of my Skunks from the Ocean Rocks, but I get a lot of Dire Boars too.
    I can imagine getting additional Glimmer Golems is very frustrating.
    You could try the 2 things riverly suggests and/or try spawning them from Rocket Larkspur or Chickens.
    Good luck!

Rhino Keeper
    To add in possible strategies, I invested in raising waay too many chickens, have 20 of them out now w the luxury of space, so they are all in one place. That way I don't need to look around my board for all my chicken type creatures.

Wheat also a good source of skunkupines.

Echoing the great advice that if you are having glimmer gs, park a monster, get through the rocks, and find skunkupines elsewhere. They are a huge energy suck when you don't want them.

Lol re attempt to log a rooted mine!

Also - a fairly bug free event! YAY!!!!!!! Thanks S8!

Lastly, also echoing that without a big gem investment, steady as the proverbial she goes, Ivy is the bottleneck, so no rush. I have energy stored, so was able to get through a bunch of rocks to see if any Ivy drops come out of adventures. Other than that, Ivy's hut is on a timer. The prizes are great for me, esp lobster dude that has a chance to drop the blue anemone as they are expensive and I am running really low after a series of elf runs. This saves me from using 50 troll coins on an armoured siren for the same drop. Yay! : )

W great artwork, as bug free as I have ever seen, a lower energy and do-able event, and great prizes.... thanks S8. : )

PS I MUCH prefer the bottleneck to be a predictable drop. The troll camp randomness is horrible for me. I know others don't mind, just my preference. Am still scarred by the three little pigs event I could NOT finish even through I had stored energy and had the items w needed drops on timers. Awful awful awful. I think I might need therapy so I can really let that go. : )
    Last edited by newyear5780; 05-22-20 at 11:29 PM.
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by newyear5780 View Post
    To add in possible strategies, I invested in raising waay too many chickens, have 20 of them out now w the luxury of space, so they are all in one place. That way I don't need to look around my board for all my chicken type creatures.

Wheat also a good source of skunkupines.

Echoing the great advice that if you are having glimmer gs, park a monster, get through the rocks, and find skunkupines elsewhere. They are a huge energy suck when you don't want them.

Lol re attempt to log a rooted mine!

Also - a fairly bug free event! YAY!!!!!!! Thanks S8!

Lastly, also echoing that without a big gem investment, steady as the proverbial she goes, Ivy is the bottleneck, so no rush. I have energy stored, so was able to get through a bunch of rocks to see if any Ivy drops come out of adventures. Other than that, Ivy's hut is on a timer. The prizes are great for me, esp lobster dude that has a chance to drop the blue anemone as they are expensive and I am running really low after a series of elf runs. This saves me from using 50 troll coins on an armoured siren for the same drop. Yay! : )

W great artwork, as bug free as I have ever seen, a lower energy and do-able event, and great prizes.... thanks S8. : )

PS I MUCH prefer the bottleneck to be a predictable drop. The troll camp randomness is horrible for me. I know others don't mind, just my preference. Am still scarred by the three little pigs event I could NOT finish even through I had stored energy and had the items w needed drops on timers. Awful awful awful. I think I might need therapy so I can really let that go. : )
    Oh my goodness, same on the sentiment about that Pig event. I was also away for a Board Game Convention (limited data, awful connection inside a hotel). The last event I couldn't complete was the Love Shack event when I wasn't 50 yet, but man I accepted that loss and wrote it off. Got the mid tier stuff and just did basic daily kingdom maintenance.

But I also agree on the troll camp non guarantee is painful. Also wish Ivy's had an hour buffer so if you miss it, it doesn't COMPLETELY wreck your timers. But we still play this game regardless. XD

For my personal strategy, I always front load the big chopping item (in this case the rocks). I do this because they drop what we need for the adventure and the adventures give Ivy drops (well, some do). And it's important to front load those adventures/bonus Ivy drops because you can level up sooner, which means your item is dropping more of the material you need to get to 1000 (in this case, the pearls). An extra day of your building dropping 25 vs 15 makes a huge difference in breathing room. If I get busy or lazy at the end, it matters less to login every 2 hours.

Anyway, that's why I'm doing so much rock chopping from the start. Of course, while crafting enough of the other things for Ivy to still be the bottleneck.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosewood_Keep View Post
    For my personal strategy, I always front load the big chopping item (in this case the rocks). I do this because they drop what we need for the adventure and the adventures give Ivy drops (well, some do). And it's important to front load those adventures/bonus Ivy drops because you can level up sooner, which means your item is dropping more of the material you need to get to 1000 (in this case, the pearls). An extra day of your building dropping 25 vs 15 makes a huge difference in breathing room. If I get busy or lazy at the end, it matters less to login every 2 hours.

Anyway, that's why I'm doing so much rock chopping from the start. Of course, while crafting enough of the other things for Ivy to still be the bottleneck.
    I am going to start doing this with the alicorns that take a week to reset, I try to use them twice in an event!

I love the artwork this event, everything is so cool, it seems no one is creeped out like with the spiders lololol

I like Community Events for the Energy Chests, and now that I have been level 50 for a year I can spare some energy towards non-event stuff. I know as a new level 50 it was Really Hard to adjust to the higher requirements. I saved some energy chests then, instead of using them all on Monster Hunts, for events. I think the first few Community Events as a level 50 I needed those energy chests to finish, but I did!

Re: Dire Boar spawns....2 of my accounts are at parts of the storyline where Dire Boars spawn a lot; it seems Those 2 are spawning more Dire Boars than the other 2.

I too prefer the guaranteed Ivy drop. 2 of my first 4 adventures gave the Ivy drop item, not too shabby, hope that rate keeps up! Sooooo glad I skipped the piggy event.

and Destiel....I discovered weekly alis in storage, so I think I may be about the same level of brain fog as you...
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post
    It must be rare then bc I went through 20 cloud bushes and nothing. Will put more out and keep trying. Thought I had it right but didn?t hurt to check. Thanks for the response!
    I have more than 20 cloud bushes out...sometimes they spawn fast, sometimes not. Sometimes I get 4-6 Fauns to fight before a Wisp pops out too. It's a loooong storyline lololol
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Someone requested access to share my spreadsheet. If you want a version you can edit to track your own drops, you need to click file and then "make a copy."

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    Pearlescent prison lvl 6 has 7hour tmer instead of 2hours. Please fix before others get there. I'm loosing out.

I haven't been able to post for long time,can't switch accounts, can't contact s8. I log in, I'm accepted then told to log in again. Nooo idea. Not sure if this post will work.

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    It worked woo. Couldn't edit above post tho. Typed edit but nothing.
    Oh also awhile back Spirit wind asked me to explain what was happening and I tried with detailed explanation but couldn't post and couldn't even pm. Tried to communicate several times but couldn't, so i gave up trying. Spirit wind I wasn't being rude lol. I'm hoping this post goes thru otherwise I'm silent again, but right now it's hard to shut me up loll. If anyone replies and I don't reply don't take offence...obviously I can't post again

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast