Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Mega Melons - 2020 May 20

Volunteer Moderator judyandthecat's Avatar
    Outstanding thoughts PookieBear50
    You took time to present both sides.
    I was happy to see the train asking for Watermelons and Watermelon products.
    Storm8 you did an outstanding job on the animation of this Donkey Cart!
    Some things I would like changed is that we are given specific Watermelon Seeds to perhaps be able to grow the Watermelon we need. I also feel the price should be raised I can grow a four minute corn crop for more coins then a three and one half hour Watermelon.
    Last edited by judyandthecat; 06-02-20 at 08:39 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    [QUOTE=seesters;1620783]This “event” was one of the worst. Unless you spend a LOT of gems, you cannot complete the tasks in time. Very frustrating...very disappointing. Stoem8...you can do better than this![/QUOTE

I disagree. I have never spent money playing this game. It's only with sheer determination that I always complete events. Yes, this was the most difficult one (for me) to date. You just have to plan from the beginning what you need to do in advance and ensure to scan the newspapers and your neighbours' shops. I completed this event doing just that and I also managed to help others as well. I was going to give up when I was on goal 6 for days but then decided to stick it out. And it paid off for me.

My advice for future events is....plan and stick to it. I think it also helps, if you start the event as soon as it becomes available.

All I'm saying is that it is definitely possible to complete events without spending real money and / or gems.

Rhino Keeper
    Like others here, I had mixed feelings about this event. I was able to finish, but only because I watched the people on here who said they were listing things for sale. My consistent watching of the newspaper yielded very little for me. If it weren?t for this board, there would have been no way for me to finish. Even with neighbor help from here, I had to spend 75 gems to fill in watermelon gaps and speed up crafting.

I used gems I have been collecting from train orders. I am not against spending real money, because Storm8 deserves to be paid for their hard work, but I won?t spend my money on things I?m not guaranteed to get. Like not knowing if I can finish an event, or those luck of the draw type prizes.
    I?ve spent gems before on things I know I will get, like buying a certain pet or decoration when it goes on sale. That I?m ok with.

I?ve had my farm for about 5 years. I?ve participated in many, many events. This one was the hardest to complete in the sense that the items needed were in such short supply, that if you were not lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, on this board, and read when people here were selling, than you were out of luck. At least IMO.

I participated in this event because I liked the donkey cart a lot. I liked the concept of the watermelon patch also. All the artwork is beautiful.

What I don?t like is the way this new addition is such a silo hog. Not only does this new crop force farms to keep a supply of 5 different kinds of watermelons, but now we have to keep seeds also? Why? We don?t keep seeds for any other plants. It just takes up even more valuable silo space.
    So, if you want to keep even a very small, conservative supply of only 10 of each melon and 10 seeds in storage, that takes up 60 spots in the silo. That?s a huge amount of space. So in reality, we didn?t get one new crop,..... watermelon. We got 6 new crops. That?s too much to absorb all at one time.

I, personally, would have been much happier with only two or three types of melons. And no seeds. (Square watermelon is strange to me anyway, lol.)

Plus, I agree with what someone else on here said about the price. Way too cheap a price for the amount of growing time, small number of plots and random type drop involved for this item. It should cost way more than corn or wheat.
    Last edited by segelj; 06-03-20 at 02:28 AM.

I voiced my concern and dissatisfaction in earlier threads so will not add to it here. Very happy to see so many agreeing with me. I would not have finished if it weren?t for the generosity of my neighbors. I would still be on step 6. With so many crops to fill the silo and too many products to make I have decided to leave my Mellon patch and cart as a decoration and just delete every warehouse request it is the easiest way to proceed which is a real shame because a new crop with 2 fruit 🍉 and a few items to make would have been a welcome addition. Not sure if the developer can make changes now but that might be a saving step. I would rate this event as a 1 out of 5 and by far the worst event in years

Rhino Keeper
    [QUOTE=logansmil;1620811]
    Quote Originally Posted by seesters View Post
    This ?event? was one of the worst. Unless you spend a LOT of gems, you cannot complete the tasks in time. Very frustrating...very disappointing. Stoem8...you can do better than this![/QUOTE

I disagree. I have never spent money playing this game. It's only with sheer determination that I always complete events. Yes, this was the most difficult one (for me) to date. You just have to plan from the beginning what you need to do in advance and ensure to scan the newspapers and your neighbours' shops. I completed this event doing just that and I also managed to help others as well. I was going to give up when I was on goal 6 for days but then decided to stick it out. And it paid off for me.

My advice for future events is....plan and stick to it. I think it also helps, if you start the event as soon as it becomes available.

All I'm saying is that it is definitely possible to complete events without spending real money and / or gems.
    No, it was not possible,

No without gems
    No without *****ing
    No if you are not a staff member
    [removed, do not repost]

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Woldawson View Post
    I ended up spending over 100 gems to get thru & that was after DK farm was selling the melon juice, that so many players couldn?t even make one of due to the stars melons never dropping. I bought 7 of the 8 needed from DK farm. Then still needed more stars melons for the last two goals. I guess 100+ gems isn?t too bad but many other players couldn?t get past goal 7, needing 80 stars melons. They only dropped an average of one per day for me, so 14 in total dropped while we needed 80 for the juices & another 16 for the carts. A lot of angry players.
    It is very suspicious that this "DK farm" person was selling melon juice to "selected" players.

Maybe as payment fot good comments on the forum?
    [removed, do not repost]

Rhino Keeper
    [QUOTE=tromalyt;1620823]
    Quote Originally Posted by logansmil View Post
    No, it was not possible,

No without gems
    No without *****ing
    No if you are not a staff member

I liked the challenge, but with fairness, of the events from years ago. Back when I first started, 5 years ago, the events were really fun. You got out of it what you put into it. Effort = results. That doesn’t seem to happen with many of these events anymore, IMO.
    And getting worse as time goes by.
    I’m very selective now on which ones I participate in. It has to be a prize I really think is going to be worth the aggravation and time (and maybe gems) that it is going to take. With emphasis on the aggravation.
    Wishing it could be less frustrating and more enjoyable, like the good old days.

Farm Supplier
    Hi I didn't play for few months and started to play again today . I can't find that planter and watermelons I tried to find update , but there is nothing on meny

Volunteer Moderator judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ostraoz View Post
    Hi I didn't play for few months and started to play again today . I can't find that planter and watermelons I tried to find update , but there is nothing on meny
    You can't win the Donkey Cart now and not sure if there will be a goal to unlock the Watermelon Planter Boxes
    Do they say locked by goal?
    Goal 1 of the event we did unlocked the Planter Boxes
    I will see what I can find out

UPDATE: Watermelon Planter Boxes are for sale for players that don't have them!
    Last edited by judyandthecat; 06-03-20 at 03:02 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Thank you for reply but I don't have any update too in google play store