Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Melons - 2020 May 20

Farm Supplier
    Ugh yes me too! Totally stuck getting the red melons for the melon pigs! And of course there's never any in the newspaper

Fashion Designer
    I didn't understand the explanation to someone else's question for 'can we make ahead'? So here is my question:
    I am on Goal 4. Would it be beneficial for me to look ahead at goals and begin crafting .....examples: make grills for the basket or make up to 7 pigs (since the goal is 8 pigs I know I have to make 1 of them during the goal), etc.
    I'm just always worried that there will be some little set-back if I work ahead, like they won't count toward the goal

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi111 View Post
    I didn't understand the explanation to someone else's question for 'can we make ahead'? So here is my question:
    I am on Goal 4. Would it be beneficial for me to look ahead at goals and begin crafting .....examples: make grills for the basket or make up to 7 pigs (since the goal is 8 pigs I know I have to make 1 of them during the goal), etc.
    I'm just always worried that there will be some little set-back if I work ahead, like they won't count toward the goal
    You SHOULD be able to make extras, because--as nearly as I can tell, because I'm only on goal 6--for the last goals, you only need to have the finished melon crafts so that you can make the basket or the cart...you don't need to make them at that time. So, for example, you could in theory make extra grills and sharks while you wait to harvest more melons (because the pigs take so long).

It sounds as though you may have more of those Orange Watermelons than some of the others. I would say, go ahead and start crafting if you don't have enough of the other types of watermelons to do make the crafts required by your goal. It will save you time later. But it is up to you.

Ohhh God! Plz save us.... 3 days stuck on the goal 6, no orange melons for the watermelon pigs! Plz help ������

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    You SHOULD be able to make extras, because--as nearly as I can tell, because I'm only on goal 6--for the last goals, you only need to have the finished melon crafts so that you can make the basket or the cart...you don't need to make them at that time. So, for example, you could in theory make extra grills and sharks while you wait to harvest more melons (because the pigs take so long).

It sounds as though you may have more of those Orange Watermelons than some of the others. I would say, go ahead and start crafting if you don't have enough of the other types of watermelons to do make the crafts required by your goal. It will save you time later. But it is up to you.
    THANKS PookieBear50 ! I will start crafting for my basket while I wait on square watermelons to appear in my planter boxes.

Fashion Designer
    I have been stocking up on sugar, honey, & brown sugar because I saw those ingredients in the punch, extractor, etc. I just realized that those are for the permanent crafts. Will I need any of that for this event? If not, then I can sure use that space in my silo!

Executive Chef
    THANKS PookieBear50 ! I will start crafting for my basket while I wait on square watermelons to appear in my planter boxes.
    Oddly, at the moment I only have 3 each of all the melons except the Basic Watermelons, so I started making the 4 additional Grills for the two baskets.

Executive Chef
    I have been stocking up on sugar, honey, & brown sugar because I saw those ingredients in the punch, extractor, etc. I just realized that those are for the permanent crafts. Will I need any of that for this event? If not, then I can sure use that space in my silo!
    According to the goals listed at the start of this thread (thanks, judyandthecat!), I don't think we will be needing them...and, by the way, I think all the other crafts--the Grill, Shark, etc.--are also permanent; it is only the basket and the cart that seem to be event-only crafts (the only ones with the clock icon, anyway).

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Here these are the goal recipes

Recipes

Goal 3
    Recipe for Watermelon Grill
    30 minutes Farmer's Outpost
    4 Watermelon Seeds
    4 Basic Watermelons

Goal 4
    Recipe for Watermelon Shark
    1 hour in the Farmer's Outpost
    5 Watermelon Seeds
    5 Square Watermelons

Goal 5
    Recipe for Watermelon Flower
    2 hours in Farmer's Outpost
    6 Watermelon Seeds
    6 Yellow Watermelons

Goal 6
    Recipe for Watermelon Pig
    2 hours 30 minutes in Farmer's Outpost
    7 Watermelon Seeds
    7 Orange Watermelon

Goal 7
    Watermelon Drink
    3 hours in Farmer's Outpost
    8 Watermelon Seeds
    8 Moon and Stars Watermelon

Timed Recipes
    Goal 8
    Recipe For Watermelon Cart
    4 hours in Specialty Goods
    4 Square Watermelons
    4 Yellow Watermelons
    4 Orange Watermelons
    4 Moon and Stars Watermelons

Goal 9
    Recipe for Watermelon Basket
    8 hours in Specialty Goods
    2 Watermelon Grills
    2 Watermelon Sharks
    2 Watermelon Flowers
    1 Watermelon Pig

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    According to the goals listed at the start of this thread (thanks, judyandthecat!), I don't think we will be needing them...and, by the way, I think all the other crafts--the Grill, Shark, etc.--are also permanent; it is only the basket and the cart that seem to be event-only crafts (the only ones with the clock icon, anyway).
    ok great! i think i will use up my sugars or put them in the market. That will add 55 spaces back to my silo! Can you hear me clapping?

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast