Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 5/14: Monster Hunt s24 & LB | event information on page 1

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerted7 View Post
    What is called 30 60 90? Are those your three accounts? Or is it a strategy you have?

..snip
    I think they were referring to the LB double boost - when it's applied the crafts you turn in are worth 30, 60 and 90 points respectively.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    I was happily riding along as #2 earlier today when someone shot up out of the blue to #1. So I brought myself back to a tie for #2, which I thought was very polite of me . Then the other #2 added points. Fine. I took myself up to tie for #1. Then the other #1 added points. (These were all in the several dozen or so volumes, not several thousand!). With a few minutes to spare, I did the dire boar, whatever triggered from my marsh reeds, and a final golem, watching for the last two minutes. Ended as #1 - used my last weeklies and most of my storage crates, but it was a fun race to the finish. I had nothing better to do, and picked up more gold tokens that I planned. Now to decide what to do with them...
    Thank you for sharing this! I think it?s so helpful to get insights into how other leaderboards work.

My leaderboard had someone come out of 5th or 6th in the last half hour to place second- it was about a 4000 point gain that I think culminated in at least one purchase of the $14.99 package.

I tried to tie someone for second in a prior leaderboard-- I thought it would be fun even though I could pass them. It didn?t work out for me either!

I wish they just gave the prize to the top 3. Everyone who gets a banner should get the prize, imo.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I think they were referring to the LB double boost - when it's applied the crafts you turn in are worth 30, 60 and 90 points respectively.
    Aha! That makes sense. Thank you. (I didn’t do many of those In this leaderboard!)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by podunkiana View Post
    It?s Called. 30. 60. 90. Not sure why people are so shocked and blame it on ppl spending gems.. it?s called thinking and timing.. I just won number 1 on all my 3 main accounts... and I only spent 10 gems on each account
    I think this is a bit harsh.
    If thinking and timing was all it took, S8 wouldn't make as much money as they probably did.
    If you're grouped with players with far more resources (and they also 'think and time') you stand no chance.
    And if you don't live in a timezone that is awake during the finale, it's very unlikely you'll ever win.
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 05-20-20 at 10:53 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    I'm not consciously competing, but I find myself currently in first place anyway. Just dumb luck, really, I know that with less than 9k points I'd be nowhere near the top rank in many other leaderboards.

Also, the two players currently competing for 2nd place both have only 2k points less than I. A determined player could still make up that difference in the last few hours of the hunt, while I'm fast asleep. So I'm not counting my chickens (or lizard, as it were) yet. Nevertheless, spending gems/money to get further ahead isn't worth it to me, either, so we'll see what happens. The result will await me tomorrow when I wake up!
    G'day,I agree wholeheartedly. I too am often left awaiting the outcome,as I'm normally working the last few hours of an event,and unable to check my game. I'd love to come to an agreement with my other LB players,to all stop at a certain point,to ensure we all get the main prize. But,there's always one who wants to take the title. Today I'm out of work,due to current events,so was able to play hard. Wanted to get ahead,thinking I'd get run down in the final minutes. But the top two didn't show,so my apologies for bumping them down. I'd happily tie for first or second,every time,if I knew I could count on a gentleman's(ladies) agreement. Anyhow,bring on the next event. Happy gaming y'all.
    P.s,hugs to SW for all her hard work on the forum. I know I couldn't be bothered dealing with the headaches.lol.xxx

Farm Supplier
    I think leaderboards are not that bad bc you can always get a prize for reaching 2000 points and depending on where you place you also get trade tickets and an energy crate. Also you get a chance to get gold tokens. I was able to get 2 armored alicorns and I just need some more mithril to get my third. I think if your only focus is the main prize then yeah it will suck competing against pple with tons of energy sources.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by wintersno View Post
    I think leaderboards are not that bad bc you can always get a prize for reaching 2000 points and depending on where you place you also get trade tickets and an energy crate. Also you get a chance to get gold tokens. I was able to get 2 armored alicorns and I just need some more mithril to get my third. I think if your only focus is the main prize then yeah it will suck competing against pple with tons of energy sources.
    That's a excellent way of looking at leaderboards wintersno!
    I feel the same way.
    There is lots to gain and love, without having to compete with others.
    I was able to make 4 Armored Black Bears and my 2 last available Golden Peacocks.
    Not bad prizes for a 1 week event. + All the individual Leaderboard prizes of course, I love the Lizard!
    Alas I missed out on the energy crate (third place), but for the rest I'm super content and happy.

Congratulations to the winners! The Green Lizard looks awesome!

Rhino Keeper
    I always go all in in during MHs. I don't waste money, gems or energy on value packs, boosts or the special (lizard) trade tokens, but focus on the troll tokens. This has often, this time as well, landed me in top two, as I have a nice herd of energy droppers.

It was once a target for me to get all the limited creatures from the MRC. But now I'm approaching this, it feels bittersweet. I only have 1 siren and 1 buninja left, and the locket which I have refused to get without continuation of yet another hanging storyline.

So unless the next monster hunts comes up with some interesting new crafts, either assortment of old monsters or a new building (such as an expansion material exchange) I think I'm out!

Executive Chef
    My personal experience with LB-s from what I have observed. If you spend gems ( buy any boost etc) - next time you are much more likely to end up playing against more powerful players who used also boosts and have tons of alicorns. If I stay low for several events - I may end up on group, where I can come on 1&2 place- sometimes even without boost ( depends on how long I lay low in the between). If I don't like the top prize as much - I rather don't focus on leaderboard at all- since I know that if I do - next time I might WANT To be on top - but then it is more likely to end up in harder competition if I use boosts now.
    Some time ago my phone died- I missed one event completely - after I came back - I had easiest LB I had ever had.

Fashion Designer
    I inexplicably found myself in a group that wasn't going all out to win and managed first prize (despite not setting out to do so!).

First collection from my prize iguana? 325 coins and a black flag for mermaid scales. Whoop whoop.