Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 5/14: Monster Hunt s24 & LB | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    so i now have 91 gold tokens. thinking armoured direwolf. i have one WP at level 3. while the armoured lizard looks promising, i don't think i can get it and an energy source.
    advice? (my major needs are coin-expanding and everythig they make us buy is expensive. energy-especially for the last event. and then expansion permits)
    I'm in a very similar situation - I have 93 gold tokens right now, and I got my first wizard's portal in the last hunt. Haven't upgraded it yet. I'm also wondering whether to...
    ... buy 2nd WP? (I don't like that it takes up so much space.)
    ... upgrade my first WP? (Yay, energy!)
    ... get a 2nd cabbage hut? (Though I've never run out of cabbages for Alicorns yet, since they appear so rarely.)
    ... go for the armored direwolf? (Not as much energy, but some, and a new creature for my realm. Also, are the direwolf pups any good?)
    ... get the armored maxotaur for the feats and have some tokens left over for WP upgrades or other "small" MRC purchases? If so, which??

I know everyone is always asking this kind of question, but I'm mostly thinking out loud. Though if anyone has any thoughts / opinions to share, I'm interested!

Have you decided yet, shortdanzr?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    I'm in a very similar situation - I have 93 gold tokens right now, and I got my first wizard's portal in the last hunt. Haven't upgraded it yet. I'm also wondering whether to...
    ... get a 2nd cabbage hut? (Though I've never run out of cabbages for Alicorns yet, since they appear so rarely.)
    ... go for the armored direwolf? (Not as much energy, but some, and a new creature for my realm. Also, are the direwolf pups any good?)
    ... get the armored maxotaur for the feats and have some tokens left over for WP upgrades or other "small" MRC purchases? If so, which??

I know everyone is always asking this kind of question, but I'm mostly thinking out loud. Though if anyone has any thoughts / opinions to share, I'm interested!

I love my armored Maxotaur - it drops one feast every 2 days - like mystery dinner table etc or gnome couple. - NO regrets. With 3 meal droippers I never have to worry about HAVING to craft meals, I always have enough ready - it gets much easier to have " better meals too".
    Second cabbage hut- always worth having. - also no regrets.
    I love my armored direwolves- I quite often get 40 energy from mine, but I love their look more than WP. Also they take half the space and are much cheaper ( since you don't have to upgrade them.
    I would rather upgrade WP first, rather than second one - less space + max level will drop 8 energy. So fully upgraded is about the same as having 2 low level ones.

Executive Chef

no. its down to another WP or the direwolf. i know the energy isnt as much but having a larger boost of energy every once in awhile is helpful. but my practical nature means i will probably choose WP. the reason why i don't want to just upgrade my first one fully is because often i will get enough troll tokens to upgrade it in between MH. but i don't like how much room it takes up. and i don't like how it looks.
    i don't need feasts. i have enough that drop from things, i have been thinking about purchasing the barracks.
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    I love my armored Maxotaur - it drops one feast every 2 days - like mystery dinner table etc or gnome couple. - NO regrets. With 3 meal droippers I never have to worry about HAVING to craft meals, I always have enough ready - it gets much easier to have " better meals too".
    Second cabbage hut- always worth having. - also no regrets.
    I love my armored direwolves- I quite often get 40 energy from mine, but I love their look more than WP. Also they take half the space and are much cheaper ( since you don't have to upgrade them.
    I would rather upgrade WP first, rather than second one - less space + max level will drop 8 energy. So fully upgraded is about the same as having 2 low level ones.
    Thanks for sharing your wisdom / thoughts, Destiel! 😊 Yeah, I also figured that upgrading the WP was a better deal than getting a second one. For 86 gold tokens I get a net increase of 4 energy (8 instead of 4 each collection), while the 2nd portal would cost 85 tokens, take up a lot of space, and only give me a net of 3 energy per collection.

The Maxotaur has been on my list for quite a while already. I have the gnome couple, which (together with the guard dogs for both meals and swords) has allowed me to continually go on adventures without preparing any meals myself. My hope is that the maxotaur would help me get more of the "better" meals, which would translate to better adventures (which drop more energy and gems).

I think I'll go for the maxotaur + WP upgrades this time. We'll see if I can get enough tokens for level 4 during the MH or if I'll end up a few short and have to wait for them to drop from my unicorns or the beastbane display.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    no. its down to another WP or the direwolf. i know the energy isnt as much but having a larger boost of energy every once in awhile is helpful. but my practical nature means i will probably choose WP. the reason why i don't want to just upgrade my first one fully is because often i will get enough troll tokens to upgrade it in between MH. but i don't like how much room it takes up. and i don't like how it looks.
    i don't need feasts. i have enough that drop from things, i have been thinking about purchasing the barracks.
    Completely agree on the loveliness of occasional bigger energy boosts! I also don't much like the 5-hour timer of the WP. It doesn't decrease with upgrades, like the wizard school, right? 5 hours means that in theory I could do 4 collections a day, but I'd have to be very punctual with my collections, and that's just not really feasible. At the same time it's annoying because I SHOULD be able to do it.

I'll do a few upgrades for now, but I believe I'll also get an armored direwolf before getting the 2nd WP. If you do decide on the direwolf, I'll definitely ask you your opinion next MH, lol!

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    With regards to individual monsters counting towards the daily monster hunt, is there a specific time for daytime turnover or clock change? The timer seems different from the event timer.

Fashion Designer
    Can’t decide between getting 2nd WP or armored Direwolf. Might have to resort to eanie, meanie, minie, moe.

Executive Chef
    Completely agree on the loveliness of occasional bigger energy boosts! I also don't much like the 5-hour timer of the WP. It doesn't decrease with upgrades, like the wizard school, right? 5 hours means that in theory I could do 4 collections a day, but I'd have to be very punctual with my collections, and that's just not really feasible. At the same time it's annoying because I SHOULD be able to do it.

I'll do a few upgrades for now, but I believe I'll also get an armored direwolf before getting the 2nd WP. If you do decide on the direwolf, I'll definitely ask you your opinion next MH, lol!
    yeah i mean its fine now that i can check my phone often for the game. because working from home no one to yell at me. but once the world goes back to normal, i can't do that. so even if it is only 20 energy, checking once is a lot easier. plus i never manage to check mine as often as it seems i should be able to.
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Fashion Designer
    I did not get the new novice, sovereign, etc challenges today.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

May I ask if shrubs drop spellbound dew? Or are white trilliums better? Asking this because I have 97 troll tokens already but want to keep 70 for the MRC, but want to craft more troll tokens so am thinking of spending 20 troll tokens first on upgrading my wizard's portal but am lacking spellbound dew for spellbound beams and blocks. Thanks in advance!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast