Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: May Flowers Event - 2020 May 6

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kappy333 View Post
    Wait, you can actually receive the Mantis in the end? If you turn in the collection, and get luck to win it.
    Check the 'Collect Them All' goal in the to do list for the possible prizes for the collections in this event.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Quote Originally Posted by NElove6 View Post
    I agree with the repetitiveness of these events. I would love a change! If one is a regular player it gets boring.
    How about bringing back the fair ground events. It?s been a couple years.
    It?s sad , I have played this game for years and the events used to be varied. Then something happened at Storm and there were no events for ages . When the events started again we were so pleased but they are all the same now . I find I can?t be bothered this time to make endless things in the studio each time for collection events ... same format , same challenges . I have a few ideas how they could mix it up a bit but am not sure how to propose them . Right now I?m just a little bored .

Why bother making an event when you?re not going to give any prizes! This is getting very boring now it is almost impossible to get parts in the mine and the studio! Especially after working very hard then comes the mine and then the studio working for 2 days nothing from the studio and have no more tools for the mine. I don?t think i want to participate in any of the events anymore.Waist of my time because at the end i get nothing.
    Plus I'm not happy with the event prize sizes they are just to small and not creative like it used to be!
    I?d prefer the beautiful fun big prizes that you?d made years ago and the way the events were made. I hope storm 8 will listen to its members and make some changes.
    Last edited by 4seasonfarm; 05-17-20 at 03:05 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    same for me. I’m crafting in the studio all day long. Since release only 3 rewards in the past 30 hours ? That’s not funny anymore. Esoecially when it comes at the end and you have only 2-3 days left making it quite impossible. I know that it doesn’t have to be too simple but come on ? I wasn’t playing 2 years because it was boring but I see nothing has changed ��

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    This is a free game but the thing is a company cannot survive with no income.
    If they can't sell something they will cease to exist.
    Let's talk about events.
    There is going to be Event Items easy to get but if you just played the game and everyone wins the prize how is the company going to make money. There are employees to be paid, overhead expenses.
    So along comes an event and there are a couple of very hard items to get.
    There is a way to get this item it is called buying the Boost item.
    In this event it is a building called the Florist that is on for sale for 83 gems.
    Hmmm I can buy these gems for about five dollars.
    Is this being greedy NO
    It is like the cost of a donut and coffee so I don't really think it is asking for too much.
    With this building I can make the event item that is hard to get by using the event items that were easy to get.
    So it is a win win situation.
    I get to turn in a lot of collections and you give the company some money so they can keep designers and programmers paid.
    As for luck events sometimes I win the prize I want, sometimes I don't. Kind of like going to Vegas and pulling the arm on a slot machine. But you know what along Comes Black Friday or a summer sale and I can now buy that pet or decoration that I didn't win in some previous event by again purchasing some gems. There are usually some pretty awesome decorations etc that you do win and heck you have fun decorating your farm with them.

Hi judy,
    Totally understand it but as a very old player it never used to be like this. Not everyone do or can purchase gems. Yes it is a free game but it shouldn?t be this hard it never used to be. By downloading their game they are earning a lot plus the advertisements they are making us watch. Im not complaining well I'm a little! as a game player I'm leaving feedback and i can see its just not me who thinks the same. They should listen to the players too this is not just about their company. If you visit my farm you will see how I've enjoyed it! and i can say its one of the most beautiful farm ever so i think they should consider changing few things because If people start to take no part in the events then its a big loss for them anyway. Have a nice day.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 4seasonfarm View Post
    Why bother making an event when you?re not going to give any prizes! This is getting very boring now it is almost impossible to get parts in the mine and the studio! Especially after working very hard then comes the mine and then the studio working for 2 days nothing from the studio and have no more tools for the mine. I don?t think i want to participate in any of the events anymore.Waist of my time because at the end i get nothing.
    Plus I'm not happy with the event prize sizes they are just to small and not creative like it used to be!
    I?d prefer the beautiful fun big prizes that you?d made years ago and the way the events were made. I hope storm 8 will listen to its members and make some changes.
    Personally, I know I may not be of much help. Especially to an older player in the game, knowing I just started about 2/2 and a half months ago, but - if you have the time and can wait out 5 minutes and actively check the listings (many times) during them 5 minutes, - at least every minute, minute and a half - you can possibly have and get luck (thought not often) finding pick axes and shovels for the mine. As I just came across two just literally a few minutes ago. I should've bought them, but since I am not expanded to the mine yet and I have some on a different farm - I didn't think to.

But it is possible, in my own opinion.

Executive Chef
    Hey, is anyone having issues collecting from the Bakery, and the Sugar Spinner?

It's part of the collection thing, at least on my end to get the flowers from it. And I've made 3 grape, 4 (almost 5) apple ones, and yet I've not received anything from it, yet or again.

Is there a specific sugar or even bakery item that triggers getting more flowers? Or is it completely random?
    Last edited by kappy333; 05-17-20 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    This is a free game but the thing is a company cannot survive with no income.
    If they can't sell something they will cease to exist.
    Let's talk about events.
    There is going to be Event Items easy to get but if you just played the game and everyone wins the prize how is the company going to make money. There are employees to be paid, overhead expenses.
    So along comes an event and there are a couple of very hard items to get.
    There is a way to get this item it is called buying the Boost item.
    In this event it is a building called the Florist that is on for sale for 83 gems.
    Hmmm I can buy these gems for about five dollars.
    Is this being greedy NO
    It is like the cost of a donut and coffee so I don't really think it is asking for too much.
    With this building I can make the event item that is hard to get by using the event items that were easy to get.
    So it is a win win situation.
    I get to turn in a lot of collections and you give the company some money so they can keep designers and programmers paid.
    As for luck events sometimes I win the prize I want, sometimes I don't. Kind of like going to Vegas and pulling the arm on a slot machine. But you know what along Comes Black Friday or a summer sale and I can now buy that pet or decoration that I didn't win in some previous event by again purchasing some gems. There are usually some pretty awesome decorations etc that you do win and heck you have fun decorating your farm with them.
    I agree that this is a business and money needs to be made.

My problem is that by spending the money to get the 83 gems, from what I understand, you still have difficulty getting the items you need.

I will be the first person to come on here and say I do not want an easy event. I like a challenge. I?ve played this game for years now. The events used to be fun, exciting, challenging. You had to think of ways to be creative to be successful. It could be done, but strategically. Then again, sometimes it couldn?t. But for whatever reason, events were so much different back then. I remember playing them and if I didn?t win the prize, I knew I was close, and I probably could have increased my chances significantly if I played a bit more or spent money for gems.

I would be okay with spending money for something I wanted a chance at getting if I was really enjoying myself playing the events. I?m sorry, but these events are the same thing, over and over again. We even had Halloween fences as prizes this time! If this isn?t a sign of developers that have just given up, I don?t know what is. I also disagree that the prizes are all that great. A lot are recycled from previous events, colours changed up a bit, costume for the pig or cow changed. I have over 30 of essentially the same prize in my cellar.

We haven?t had a county fair event. We haven?t had events that make us feel challenged. We haven?t had exciting events. Same event over and over again. I hear the frustration of the rest of the players, because I feel exactly the same. I will not spend money to buy gems on a game where there is essentially nothing new. Now, if I saw some more creativity, some more thought put into the events, maybe some new-ish prizes that aren?t recycled, I?d be apt to spend gems on something I really wanted. This event has a cow and a pig (recycled from the last events) and a scarecrow. It?s May. Same goes for the web fence. Why would I spend money on recycled prizes?

It?s too predictable. First item from deliveries. Then you buy something for 2000 coins to get guaranteed a item. Slowly they become more difficult to get. It is not easy crafting tools for the mine. So a player uses all their tools on one event, only to have none for the next.

I don?t want this to come across as sounding horribly negative towards the game, because, as I have said, I?ve played for years. But it?s not the same fun game it used to be. S8 is going to have a hard time making money this way if they offer boring, predictable events over and over again. A lot of us won?t only not buy gems, but quit playing this game altogether.

Esta bien que haya que comprar gemas. Pero por que no, ayudar y regalar gemas durante eventos. Tiempo atras regalaban 30 gemas por instalar otros juegos y 14 gemas por subirlos de nivel son muchos detalles que se han perdido. Quiza obtener al***as gemas gratis que no provenga de una mascota o del tren sea una motivacion.
    Last edited by dulcepaty; 05-17-20 at 08:41 AM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast