Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 4/30: Bear Necessities | event information on page 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosewood_Keep View Post
    I feel like I'm so much farther behind. So many people are already fighting the mama bear. I'm still trying to build the bee boxes. Oh well, what can you do.

I'm IN LOVE with the designs for this event, particularly the tree. I've already scattered a few across my kingdom
    Mama bears will spawn ahead of time. I?m still at the beeswax 20 collection and Mama is spawning from cottages

Rhino Keeper
    That's a lot of wax! That much has me worried, I'm usually lucky if I get 2 from my 5 hives!

Quote Originally Posted by podunkiana View Post
    Mama bears will spawn ahead of time. I?m still at the beeswax 20 collection and Mama is spawning from cottages
    I know but there's still 16 hive gear to make on the step before the mama goal. So while I wait out the 20 beeswax collection, there's still so much energy to expend before I even get to fighting her.

Executive Chef
    I know but there's still 16 hive gear to make on the step before the mama goal. So while I wait out the 20 beeswax collection, there's still so much energy to expend before I even get to fighting her.
    i would say balance the two. because the cottages have a log timer
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Executive Chef
    I'm balancing the two while collecting from the beehives. The baby bears are easy with the ten minute timer. Every time the cottages are ready, fight as many mama bears as you can. Do this until you have 25-30 honeypots. It won't take very long. Mama sometimes drops 2 or 3.

Banned
    Just do this. We have all been lower level players relying on energy refill. Stay calm collect and tap when you can. Every 2 hours u have a refill.

Rhino Keeper
    Good morning! I'm happy to report that I now basically have my materials collected and am just waiting for the beeswax (another 5 days, probably, before that's done). I started the event with pretty much exactly 2k energy and ran out by the beginning of the weekend. That was great timing for me, because on the weekend I have more leisure to play CS every 1-2 hours and take full advantage of the free energy refills. I spent no gems, but I did use a few elven boosts to speed up the potion shop - before I ran out of glimmerdust and couldn't replenish it fast enough, lol.
    All in all, I'm happy I decided to participate in the event after all, and that I'll now be able to save up some energy again before the next one. Best of luck to everyone else who is still chopping away at the honey trees!

Farm Supplier
    I’m also just building the bee box’s and I’ve been doing this quest continually since it started. However having just realized I have 36 hive kits (2 levels) to build still ahead of me, I think I might be out. Such a shame, why are these quests so repetitive, boring and hard? It started off so well I thought. I have 3 glimmer troves and still don’t see how I’m going to generate enough glimmer dust. It’s become work ��

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by woodlandlady View Post
    I?m also just building the bee box?s and I?ve been doing this quest continually since it started. However having just realized I have 36 hive kits (2 levels) to build still ahead of me, I think I might be out. Such a shame, why are these quests so repetitive, boring and hard? It started off so well I thought. I have 3 glimmer troves and still don?t see how I?m going to generate enough glimmer dust. It?s become work 😫
    I understand your frustration. This is one of the most energy-intensive events I've ever seen. I think the worst-off players are those for whom higher level requirements already apply, but who don't yet have an adequate energy supply outside of the free refills. I own four glimmerdust troves, and I also had to collect from my red mushroom circles a lot to get all the glimmerdust needed. Obviously, this also takes up more energy because the drop rate is far worse than for the glimmerdust troves.

Rhino Keeper
    Encouragement to all, echoing and expanding. : ) This isn't as bad as the weird pig event where I got to an L5 upgrade but could NOT get further even w dedicated play. As others have said, stick in there, rely on your free refills as needed, and keep on increasing your energy droppers over time.

Glimmer dust troves drop occasionally from the deep dark cave adventure, so you may wish to focus on those until you have what feels like enough. I bought two ages ago but have about 20 now from adventure rewards.

All senior 50s (if you all don't mind my using that term) : ) went through that uncomfortable transition from saving a bit of energy and then needing the refills.... then needing the refills less and less often.... then not needing them. Just keep playin'! : D

And best of luck w collection drops!

I am at L6, have made all my hive gear now for the last level, and now mainly waiting for the beehive drops for the candles. Although I don't like the carving into my energy reserves this deeply, and much prefer less intensive events, I do appreciate, very much :
    - the art work
    - that we don't have to be leashed to our devices every two hours for random drops (it's own lack of intensity, v much appreciated!)
    - the main prize.

Best wishes to all, incl S8 staff! Be well, all!

: )
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.