Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 4/30: Bear Necessities | event information on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by woodlandlady View Post
    I’m also just building the bee box’s and I’ve been doing this quest continually since it started. However having just realized I have 36 hive kits (2 levels) to build still ahead of me, I think I might be out. Such a shame, why are these quests so repetitive, boring and hard? It started off so well I thought. I have 3 glimmer troves and still don’t see how I’m going to generate enough glimmer dust. It’s become work ��
    I totally agree with you, Woodlandlady. For me this event takes the prize for being the most stressful one yet. I just reached level 4 and realised how much glimmerdust is required for the 48 hive gear required in total, 12 of which are needed before we can level up the beehive to 5.
    I have 7 glimmerdust troves but I have no intention of buying more at 40 gems each. They take 4 hours to regenerate but I am not prepared to buy gems to speed up the process at 8 gems for each one.
    With all the stress, worry and disruption we are having to deal with during the Corona virus outbreak we need a game to relax with, not stress us out more.

Executive Chef
    I recommend aiming to make 4-6 outfits a day. It's possible even without lots of daily energy boosts.

Glimmerdust troves drop 2-3 every time so just try not to miss those collections. Remember to fight some Mama Bears before reaching that goal. The honeycomb seems daunting but with a 6 hour collection time, it should be easy with 3 collections a day.

Are red mushroom circles the next best bet for glimmerdust or have others found a reliable source?

Farm Supplier
    Also am I doing something wrong, I am only getting a drop from the wooden beehives about 40% of the time, and with a 6 hour timer, how am I meant to get 20 in time? I’ve got 3 so far from all 5 yesterday evening and all today. I really have decided to not go any further, bit frustrated to be honest. I took a break for a few months because the quests had become so repetitive, came back and tried this one and it’s now not only repetitive but impossible! However love the trees and the buzzing workshop, so am happy to stop with those. Thank goodness for the new story line !!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    (...)Are red mushroom circles the next best bet for glimmerdust or have others found a reliable source?
    I tried out a few, but only kept out the Faerie Tea Party, which dropped at least one glimmerdust most collections (not all, but more than half, I would say) and has a 1 hour timer. I also got lucky with one of the trades in the royal exchange, which gave me 12 (!) glimmerdust one time. I'm pretty sure it was the one where you get "a bag of shiny baubles" (5 hour timer). The second time I did it, I only got 6 glimmerdust, though that is still nothing to sneeze at for this event.
    Other than that, yes, I do believe red mushroom circles are your best bet.

ETA: Also, don't forget the Magic Garden. It's just once daily, unfortunately, but it often drops multiple glimmerdust as well.
    Last edited by queens_ransom; 05-04-20 at 12:00 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by woodlandlady View Post
    Also am I doing something wrong, I am only getting a drop from the wooden beehives about 40% of the time, and with a 6 hour timer, how am I meant to get 20 in time? I’ve got 3 so far from all 5 yesterday evening and all today. I really have decided to not go any further, bit frustrated to be honest. I took a break for a few months because the quests had become so repetitive, came back and tried this one and it’s now not only repetitive but impossible! However love the trees and the buzzing workshop, so am happy to stop with those. Thank goodness for the new story line !!
    How many beehives did you make? If you decide to continue, definitely make the maximum number of beehives allowed, which is five. With just one, there's no chance you'll get the 55 beeswax you need in total in time.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenspaw7 View Post
    Low drop rates on honey trees are ****ing me. Averaging 1 to 2 per tree, the rare 3 or 4 is cause for great celebration. No stored energy sources as a low level base...wait 3 minutes and tap a tree lol. Really do love the events though!! Good luck to all!!
    Same my friend, same!

Executive Chef
    Collecting the Beeswaxes is torturous. I have just started collecting the 35 needed for the Honey Candies. It's a drudge for candies made with wax and wool. They should taste horrible! And why are we making these delights in the Magic Forge instead of the Kitchen? I guess the magic of the Forge transforms the ingredients into a tasty little treat. All kidding aside, the graphics as usual are wonderful and I am actually enjoying this event. Happy chopping to all.

Rhino Keeper
    I am so happy! Got 40 honey pots, over actually and am making the last 2 hive suits!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    Collecting the Beeswaxes is torturous. I have just started collecting the 35 needed for the Honey Candies. It's a drudge for candies made with wax and wool. They should taste horrible! And why are we making these delights in the Magic Forge instead of the Kitchen? I guess the magic of the Forge transforms the ingredients into a tasty little treat. All kidding aside, the graphics as usual are wonderful and I am actually enjoying this event. Happy chopping to all.
    Yeap, I am done with everything except I am missing.. 25 beeswax... yawn... Well I have a full week until next event to... wait my goal book is empty... OK start stockpiling....
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    i need 35 beeswax. which would be doable except the last 3 times i collected from the honey-houses=they gave me 1. yes one. each collection of the 5 houses yielded one beeswax. i have ****ed all the mama bears i need. i have 3 suits left to make. just that beeswax! thank god i ****ed all the mamas needed and made almost all of the suits. i was stuck on that first round of beeswax for a long time. it took at least 3 or 4 days to get 20.
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily