Thread: "Not from breeding" Ultra Rares ... How good ARE they for things?

Farm Supplier

"Not from breeding" Ultra Rares ... How good ARE they for things?

So I have been playing for a long time, but took a nice long break. Coming back, jumped right into the Tales, Tourney's, Bingo, etc. Last night, I blundered & totally threw my shot at the Tales, & realized I am not TOO worried about it (didn't get the cuddly dragon I needed from Day 6 anyway).

My question is this ... are the "not available from Breeding" Ultra Rares worth anything as fighters/breeders/adventures (bingo) etc (other than the ones that you find to be pretty for whatever reason). I am trying to decide between raising them, or just enough to trade them.

How are they as fighters? As breeders (Level 15 or not)? How often do the "not available from breeding" ones show up in the Bingo Adventure things? (I am actually putting more time in there, as it has the opportunity for the gold Tickets)

Thanks in advance!!

Executive Chef
    I'll let someone else speak to the rest of your questions, but I can tell you that the non breedable dragons never show up as a "breed with an 'x' dragon" for a Bingo task.

I mainly play to collect unique dragons, so I, of course, keep every UR I get my hands on. I would rather have them than anything I can craft with tickets except for the gold producing dragon and the Neo Diamond dragon. The 240 ticket dragons are all URs.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Farm Supplier
    Thanks so much!

That really helps. I have a few that I don't particularly like, but they were prizes from some contest or another ... & after taking a few years off, there are all KINDS of dragons that I can craft with essence that I like better! lol

Rhino Keeper
    Like mymonta I play mainly to breed unique dragons. I resent the constant stream of events which, if we choose to compete, takes away all choice as to what dragons to try for. I also enjoy tournament play and have worked hard to build up a pretty good stable of champions. Yet this too is subject to the whim of Storm8. In the current tournament for example, my Level 15 champs (chosen on the basis of strength, element and tournament record) , have been defeated in 4 of the first 6 rounds by L3-L6 opponents.
    So, investing huge amounts of food into levelling up the good fighters is no guarantee that they will always defeat a L4 Rare or even Common opponent. Go figure .... I ask myself over and over Why do I bother?
    BTW - my favourite champion dragon is Glasswing. Against suitable opponents it wins for me 95% of the time

Hey mymonta - thanks for your advice - tried to respond but your mailbox is full.

Rhino Keeper
    Agree regarding Glasswing 100%. Valiant good too but not sure if it can be bred
    Dragon Story - Iceland, Fantasy Forest Story - Saint Mary

Farm Supplier
    I am working on Glasswing (& he's pretty!) ... my best fighter is actually my Clown dragon, with my Guardian Angel & Rainbow Sentinel close behind. Next on the list are probably Landworm & Parakeet. lol

I have pretty much given up on raising most of the Champions in hopes of them being good fighters. The ROI (return on investment) just hasn't held up.

I enjoy the tournaments & battles just in general. There is just something satisfying about smashing dragons together. lol I kinda like the bingos as the require a little more in the big-picture planning (making sure you do things in the right order to maximize points without accidentally bingo-ing) than some of the other events. The Tales have some of that, but only if you read the forums & know that whole series of steps first (which I DO! & HUGE thank yous to everyone who contribute to making those posts a reality!!!)

Thank you everyone for the input!!