Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Enlightened Eight: Dragon Tales Event - Apr 24 2020

Farm Supplier
    I finished chapter 6 today and realised that I wasn’t awarded with the cuddly dragon (need 4 to craft the Guidance dragon). I hatched the frilly egg 2 days before and raised to level 7. Can anyone please advise that I should not hatch & raise the Frilly until it is instructed. If it is a glitch who shall I ask for help???
    Last edited by Gladiola8; 04-29-20 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiola8 View Post
    I finished chapter 6 today and realized that I wasn’t awarded with the cuddly dragon (need 4 to craft the Guidance dragon). I hatched the frilly egg 2 days before and raised to level 7. Can anyone please advise that I should not hatch & raise the Frilly until it is instructed. If it is a glitch who shall I ask for help???
    How many cuddly dragons do you have? You should have only two Cuddly Dragons if you have finished Chapter 6. You will receive two more in Chapter 7. If you don't have two Cuddly Dragons at the end of Chapter 6, then you are facing a glitch and you should quickly fire off a ticket to S8 Support.

And no, you don't have to wait until you're instructed to hatch the required dragon before doing so. It's been this way since they introduced that particular task. That being said, since I have space, I usually will wait till the Act comes on before I hatch it.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    How many cuddly dragons do you have? You should have only two Cuddly Dragons if you have finished Chapter 6. You will receive two more in Chapter 7. If you don't have two Cuddly Dragons at the end of Chapter 6, then you are facing a glitch and you should quickly fire off a ticket to S8 Support.

And no, you don't have to wait until you're instructed to hatch the required dragon before doing so. It's been this way since they introduced that particular task. That being said, since I have space, I usually will wait till the Act comes on before I hatch it.
    Thanks deadpixel I have sent help request to storm8 support.

Farm Supplier

Hi deadpixel
    Referring to your question. I finished chapter 6 yesterday and have only 1 (one) Cuddly Dragon. I understand that I should have 2 (two) at the end of chapter 6. I use Apple IP, lately there?re advertising pop-up anytime when playing Dragon Story or other games which really annoying. I wonder whether this is the source of the problem. What shall I do???

I have sent help request to Storm8 support, hope they can help. I experienced the same issue last month with this game. Thanks deadpixel.
    Last edited by Gladiola8; 04-29-20 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Change the word

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiola8 View Post
    Hi deadpixel
    Referring to your question. I finished chapter 6 yesterday and have only 1 (one) Cuddly Dragon. I understand that I should have 2 (two) at the end of chapter 6. I use Apple IP, lately there?re advertising pop-up anytime when playing Dragon Story or other games which really annoying. I wonder whether this is the source of the problem. What shall I do???

I have sent help request to Storm8 support, hope they can help. I experienced the same issue last month with this game. Thanks deadpixel.
    You did the right thing by sending in a support ticket as they are the only ones that can help you with this. I hope they get back to you quickly and restore the missing Cuddly Dragon.

I'm not sure that the random advert pop-ups are the source of this issue as I never get them; perhaps its because I play through a VPN. However, I can view videos to speed up the battles in the tournaments without issues, so my gut feeling is that the adverts and videos do not, in themselves, cause the problems.

********* I am not a mod or staff of S8 and the following are just my observations from years of playing DS *********

The ONE THING that I have noticed WILL cause such issues is synchronization errors. AND, I have to add that your internet connection does not cause these errors.

A synchronization error occurs when the current game state on your device does not get correctly synchronized to the server for whatever reason. Then, after a certain amount of "disconnect" when the client and server reestablish the connection, the server "detects" a discrepancy and does a rollback to a state it perceives as before the "discrepancy" occurred.

In "theory," what happened to you in your description is that when you completed your task (act), the server properly synched the state of your event status. Still, at some point after that, it did a rollback due to a random synchronization error. What happened to me in the past when this happened was that the server would recognize that I completed the Chapter, but would not restore the count of the required item to its proper level. The only way I could fix this was to write in to support; as such, I would complete Acts 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7 as quickly as I could and immediately submit a ticket if I noticed any discrepancy.

Good luck, I hope support gets back to you quickly.

Fashion Designer
    So, my cool wind dragon just decided to quit mid-quest. I sent him on the eight already quest this morning, checked in about an hour later and it was still doing the quest. Just checked again and it is no longer on the quest nor is the tales task completed. What??

Quote Originally Posted by savage_mel View Post
    So, my cool wind dragon just decided to quit mid-quest. I sent him on the eight already quest this morning, checked in about an hour later and it was still doing the quest. Just checked again and it is no longer on the quest nor is the tales task completed. What??
    Welcome to Random Rollbacks!

I planted seven farms worth of Eliteleeks last night for a Bingo task, checked in on it thirty minutes later to be sure it took and retired for the night. Woke up in the morning to seven empty farms!

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection and I won't waste the time of the support team asking them to restore my seven missing collections of Eliteleeks; they already have too much on their hands at the moment

Fashion Designer
    Trying to start act 5 chapter 7, craft your guidance dragon, but do not have enough ?cuddly? dragons!!! Have done all the acts and chapters without even using gold to skip any! Even paid 200 gold to buy a freaking frilly dragon after a million 15 hour fails. These stupid pop up automatic adverts are causing synch errors and this is probably another one!! I have had to redo acts over so many times now because of it.
    I cant attach photos for some reason? I sent a report to support with attached photos sure hope they get to it today! So frustrating in a timed event!
    EDITED to add: thank goodness they got back to me and fixed it! I wish they would change these advertisements that cut into the middle of game play! Have them right at the beginning instead, so you have to watch it before you wven start playing, if we have to have them.
    Last edited by nukesters2; 05-01-20 at 05:25 PM.
    My Queendom?s name is FarAway

Rhino Keeper
    Have you tried force-closing and restarting your game?
    This game has *****ed me out of cool wind dragon for 3 days even though. I had the items to make it. Then thevitems disappeared. Customer Support told me tonforce close my game. That did not help also it put me behind 3 days. Then it wasn't showing the items I made during the Quests. SO because of their mistakes in the story. I won't be able to finish. They should have to put me where I should be in the Quest. But of course why would they do the right thing.This is not the first time it has happened in this game. This is getting old.

Rhino Keeper
    Asked my kind neighbours for Rainbow Pop. Some sent me Birthday Copper. I send the requests in one go. Is this a glitch?

Plus 4 people have responded, but Act 1 says only 2 have. Have closed game and restarted etc?

Edit: still waiting for the game to update. Have forced closed several times.

Edit. Approximately 4 hours after the fifth person responded - the game updated.
    Last edited by greywagtail; 05-03-20 at 03:55 PM.
    Dragon Story - Iceland, Fantasy Forest Story - Saint Mary

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast