Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: The Misty Marshlands (main story)

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyfork1 View Post
    Thats a good question.. parts needed for them still drop ie Snake SKins after completing the Quest as reported.. After the last Plot there are 9 Marshy Looking closed plots.. 7 in one row then a regular looking plot then two more. I am going to go on the assumption that all 9 Marshy looking Plots will need at least 1 MarshLand Permit. I will shoot for making 9 but will prolly stop around 4 or 5 just to get that goal off my board. Unless something else pops up with more information.
    I finished the goals, and got Odette. She drops watches, snake skins etc., but none of the additional plots will open.

Rhino Keeper
    kinetikos and greasy fork (LOVE these names) : ) - you are confirming that we will receive 'parts' for the marsh expansions, both for glowing compasses and marshland permits. Yay! This is half the puzzle. Thank you! : )

What about being able to craft the glowing compasses in the workshop and marsh permits in the royal trade building? Anyone know? Or is it like the other expansions (may I someday be in this position, please please please) where I need to leave a plot or two left unopened because I want to keep crafting expansion and explorer permits?

Thanks again!
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Marsh permits definitely disappear once you expand to the Dark Den. Given the new plots that are unrelated to the story need the glowing compasses, they are likely to disappear if you open that plot. I think Mel opened that plot, maybe she can confirm... I've left mine for the moment till I wait on some info from S8. oh and thanks for noticing my new pic! Soooo good! (can thank Shibuya for the picture....)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Marsh permits definitely disappear once you expand to the Dark Den. Given the new plots that are unrelated to the story need the glowing compasses, they are likely to disappear if you open that plot. I think Mel opened that plot, maybe she can confirm... I've left mine for the moment till I wait on some info from S8. oh and thanks for noticing my new pic! Soooo good! (can thank Shibuya for the picture....)
    Thanks! I will delay getting the hydra then and make as many glowing compasses and marshland permits as feels useful. I count 8 swamp plots left in my Queendom in addition to the den plot. I figure until more swamp plots are released, beyond den expansion requirements, just counting the 8 left beyond the goal arc, at least 8 marshland permits and at least 4x8, 32 glowing compasses.

My main concern is that a discounted expansion event will happen in the swamp area and I won't be able to take advantage of the discounts. The glowing compasses aren't as important as the marsh permits, can always sling a lot of energy in marsh trees and use an elven boost for the compasses, but the marsh permits are a lot more resource intensive because of the 5 expansion permits they need.

I'll miss out in Odette for awhile but it seems worth it.

Thanks everyone! Helps me plan! : )
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Executive Chef
    I’ve been rethinking the idea of making extra Marshland Permits ...
    I think it will be better to save the resources in the form of regular Expansion Permits.
    So I think do not craft any more than the two required Marshland Permits.
    (unless of course you have expanded everywhere and have excess Expansion Permits)

I think it is smart to make some extra Glowing Compasses though!
    And to stock up on Snake Skins too.

Farm Supplier
    Welcome hydra...and goodbye hydra
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BD72785F-55ED-4DD6-B173-165462DEE61F.jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	361.9 KB 
ID:	55460

Banned
    Also food for thought. Or more like Iguana for Thought. Some are guessing that next update is a MH / LB. would be nice if the monster spawns also drop related items to the Mh / Lb

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    All goals are now complete on page 1. Once I finish off the Hydra I'll transfer all of the goals over to the various guides.

Fashion Designer
    So I collected 10 dragonfly wisps left the game to check this thread and make sure I didn’t have to fight any beasts, went back into the game and the goal was checked off but I had to recollect and didn’t get the tenth dragonfly wisp. So the goal is checked off but I only have nine out of the ten required can I still collect the final wisp needed?? Nvm. I finally got the wisps and handed them right in instead of waiting.
    Last edited by Passera; 05-10-20 at 04:10 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Reduction plan (no, not for consequences of overeating during quarantine/lockdown) : ) Crafting 8 marsh permits extra before expanding to the hydra/den plot, but only 16 extra glowing compasses instead of 36. If I need to make more for a discounted expansion I can do so at the time.

BTW, between the aardvark, the muddling and the skimmer, the bug to muddy compass ratio is too high. Overrun with bugs, just like a real swamp. : ) I need to whack through marsh trees to balance it out.

Will the aardvark eat bugs do you think or is the realm at risk of a cross species disease?

Be well! : )