Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: The Misty Marshlands (main story)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by newyear5780 View Post
    Reduction plan (no, not for consequences of overeating during quarantine/lockdown) : ) Crafting 8 marsh permits extra before expanding to the hydra/den plot, but only 16 extra glowing compasses instead of 36. If I need to make more for a discounted expansion I can do so at the time.

BTW, between the aardvark, the muddling and the skimmer, the bug to muddy compass ratio is too high. Overrun with bugs, just like a real swamp. : ) I need to whack through marsh trees to balance it out.

Will the aardvark eat bugs do you think or is the realm at risk of a cross species disease?

Be well! : )
    I am able to still craft GLowing Compasses after finishing but not MArsh Perms

Rhino Keeper
    Does anyone know what’s with the berries that’s all I’m getting from the marsh reeds. Already have 500 & see no use for them in the near future???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by purrdue5 View Post
    Does anyone know what’s with the berries that’s all I’m getting from the marsh reeds. Already have 500 & see no use for them in the near future???
    They were needed in the beginning of these goals. I am sure they will be needed at some point then the other Marsh Expansion goals open up.

Rhino Keeper
    I’m sure you are probably right, it’s also interesting that since I wrote the note I have gotten 3 of the mud monsters. Go figure!! They were welcome.

Fashion Designer
    Ah boo, I should have came here, the forum, before I got Odette
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyfork1 View Post
    I am able to still craft GLowing Compasses after finishing but not MArsh Perms
    Perfect, thank you! Now I can go all out on the marsh permit stocking plan before expanding to the den and leave the glowing compasses to tick over. THANKS! : D
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    And in breaking news.... I wanted to spawn some mud beasties to craft compasses and so I finished off the Hydra. I got the medallion but didn't give it to sub-goal 3. I clicked on the Dark Den and ANOTHER hydra spawned.... it also takes 150 hits so unless you want a second spawn don't do what I did! It is such an amazing beastie! I guess not giving the medallion to finish off the goal is why another one spawned....

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Thurston: You seem to have a way with these marshland beasts my liege... I'll let you attempt to feed this one first!
    Goal 6:
    * Approach the strange creature 0/1 GO (skip 3 gems)
    * Gather dragonfly wisps 0/10 GO (skip 200 gems) | You can wait till you have all 10 before giving them to Thurston, but the goal does not depend on you waiting. You can give them as you collect them and they will register for this sub-goal.
    * Give Thurston dragonfly wisps 0/10 (skip 200 gems)
    Rewards: 100 coins, 10 xp
    Congratulations: Thurston: You were right, my liege! We've found another friend of the realm. This is something we should show Old Thomas.
    Note: the dragonfly wisps are a very rare drop. Be prepared for this goal to take up to a couple of weeks to gather 10 dragonfly wisps. Also make sure you do NOT give Thurston the wisps until you have all 10.
    Just an FYI for SpiritWind: I think you forgot to edit the last sentence in the quote above. It still says that we should NOT give Thurston the wisps before having collected all 10. You did change it at the "Gather dragonfly wisps" step, but not in the note. Might be confusing for later players.
    Last edited by queens_ransom; 05-13-20 at 03:05 AM. Reason: quote fail

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Oops! Thanks I'll remove that text

Executive Chef
    Gotta love those S8 creators. Only in this game would 'black sheep pelts' drop from trees....in marshland....where sheep would never be even near. It would have been far too obvious to have black sheep pelts drop from.....black sheep.....who are regularly shorn for their....black sheep pelts!! Love it.