Thread: Daily glitch that undos anything I do

Daily glitch that will undo anything I do

I?ve only noticed it happening now that as soon as I collect the first food an ad pops up. I don?t get any free gems from the ad, I didn?t click to watch it and it won?t pop up until I?ve collected food from one appliance.

That?s very annoying in itself and is another problem I?d like fixed, or at least give me a free gem for having to watch it haha.

When I first come in, I?ll collect my tables and collect food and then it freezes up for a second and then the food is like I never collected it and all the tips are back. I sometimes will have it happen again after I?ve recollected. If I leave game and come back it often just happens again. If I let game sit for like 5 minutes before doing anything I?ll only get the ad pop up when I start collecting food. Not often does it happen after I?ve let it sit but sometimes I?ll set everything and leave game and then ~half hour later get a notification that the food I just collected a half hour earlier is about to expire and I?ll go in and it will either be expired or it will just show an empty appliance, as if I never started making anything else after collecting. That?s very annoying as sometimes it doesn?t let me know and I?ll go in expecting to collect my 8hr goal food to find it undid it and the appliances are if I never started cooking 😤

It?s only been the last month, maybe two, days run together with the quarantine rn. I know it started happening when the ad pop up started when I collect food but idk if it?s related probably not.

No I don?t need to update the game. No my internet is not having any problems and phone is working perfectly fine in all other aspects/apps.

The ad pop up when first collecting food does happen in Bakery Story too but not the loss of progress so idk if the two are connected on RS.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Last edited by VampireBlade1; 04-22-20 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Grammar

Nightclub Owner
    It sounds like you're having a sync issue which is common. Since all of our game progress is stored on s8 servers and not our own devices, every few minutes our games will connect to their servers to save our progress. When the game rolls back your progress like you've outlined, it's usually because of issues with said syncing. Either your game isn't fully connecting with their servers while syncing or it's not connecting with their servers frequently enough to save all of your actions.

Over the years, I've seen many players (myself included) experience these types of issues - especially in the other graphic-heavy s8 games like DS and CS. The common advice is to try 'forcing' a sync after performing actions. You'll have to pay attention to your game to see how often you seem to be experiencing the rollbacks to figure out how often you should force a sync; it's different for everyone. Methods of forcing a sync include: leaving a message on your wall, deleting a message from your wall or visiting a neighbor. For instance: When my game is acting up, I'll open my game and switch out my recipes but before I close the app, I'll visit a neighbor then then return to my place to make sure everything is where I left it before closing the app.

Keep in mind that this isn't a guaranteed fix, it's just a popular method backed up by anecdotal evidence so results will vary. That said, I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    It sounds like you're having a sync issue which is common. Since all of our game progress is stored on s8 servers and not our own devices, every few minutes our games will connect to their servers to save our progress. When the game rolls back your progress like you've outlined, it's usually because of issues with said syncing. Either your game isn't fully connecting with their servers while syncing or it's not connecting with their servers frequently enough to save all of your actions.

Over the years, I've seen many players (myself included) experience these types of issues - especially in the other graphic-heavy s8 games like DS and CS. The common advice is to try 'forcing' a sync after performing actions. You'll have to pay attention to your game to see how often you seem to be experiencing the rollbacks to figure out how often you should force a sync; it's different for everyone. Methods of forcing a sync include: leaving a message on your wall, deleting a message from your wall or visiting a neighbor. For instance: When my game is acting up, I'll open my game and switch out my recipes but before I close the app, I'll visit a neighbor then then return to my place to make sure everything is where I left it before closing the app.

Keep in mind that this isn't a guaranteed fix, it's just a popular method backed up by anecdotal evidence so results will vary. That said, I hope this helps!

Ooh yeah I?ve definitely dealt with that often. When I?m redesigning, especially if I?ve got to put in a lot of flooring, I?ll close design tab halfway through and then reopen and keep going as too many times I?ve lost most, if not all progress because game suddenly kicks me out 🤦*♀️

I thought this was a different thing because it?s never happened before and now I?m not just dealing with it resetting but I?ll actually often get kicked out right when I come in and collect food/tips ugh.

It?s annoying but typically once the ad plays I can collect food/set new ones and be okay. I?ll start visiting at least one neighbor to see if it helps force sync it so I can stop losing recipes made without knowing.

Thank you for responding!