Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To sell at regular price, or not? (Reasonings)

Executive Chef
    Probably final post in this thread at least from me. Unless I manage to change my selling tactics again, but since they're doing so well; I don't see myself really changing it up. As the saying goes "why fix something that isn't broke" or that's what I remember it as?

Anyway. I am selling stuff semi frequently, not too often. Just because it takes so long to gather up stuff in the 120 quantity to sell, as I like selling stuff in mass amounts.

But as I was saying, I sell hard to make items plus expansion stuff + tools now. I am bringing in great profit that way, even if I'm not a constant seller, so to speak.

I sell my tools and papers at max price, and the hard to make items at regular/market price.

Since I sell hard to make items anymore, it at least sells for 2,000 coins, if not more. I used to sell very easy to get/or make items for cheap, completely underselling it. It wasn't doing me well in the beginning, even though it sold very fast, it didn't ever help bring in me coins at all.

As someone said in this thread previously, I'm starting to appear less and less to those people who may need it for cheap, due to them not having coins themselves. I am starting to appear for those who are in a way, more so able to afford what I put out now.

I don't sell easy to make items anymore unless I'm very directly asked for it.

Unless people stop buying what I put out/stop asking me for stuff - I don't see me ever stoping my current selling way.

My selling tactics have definitely changed since I've started this thread a few months ago, but in a way, I'm glad I stopped doing what I used to do, when I first started playing/making my profit in the beginning. As if I still did that, I wouldn't have most of what I have today And would barley be making a 1,000 coins a day, if that.

Executive Chef
    I'm conflicted if I should sell all my things full price now.

Even with some of my listings costing 5,000 coins, people are still buying it and selling it full price, even if it doesn't give them much?

Like today, I was selling some Necklaces at regular market price (5,200 coins) there was a neighbour of mine buying multiples of them, so I check there farm listings, and they bought them just to then sell it full price (5,600 coins). I hope them extra 300-400 coins were worth it! It wouldn't have been to me, if I were in there position.

Though I would feel a bit bad of selling it full price, but people do take advantage of it, regardless if it's under or at market price. But in all fairness, they're most likely to do it if it's completely undersold.

Anyway, it may also stop people from doing this if I sold it full price - because if they were to buy it and sell it, they wouldn't be making any coins off it, they'd just be getting there coins back from buying it. But it may also slow my selling process, as I know not every person who buys my stuff sells it again. Not only that but I know not everyone is rich or has the coins to buy everything at full price. I'm conflicted, but I don't like when people do this. I can keep deleting all the people who do it, if I'm neighbours with them, but it's not going to completely stop it unless I sell at full price.
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 11-08-20 at 03:22 PM.

Executive Chef
    I've figured out my dilemma! I'm going to sell my stuff full price, so that people who sell it again would only get there coins back from buying it.

I might post a message to every neighbours wall and say this, just so they're aware that I've changed my selling tactics.

If people weren't doing that whole I'm buying but I'm selling it full price thing, I would still sell most stuff at regular/market pricing. But too many people are doing this and this is the only way I can really see it stopping.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TwixAndScones View Post
    I've figured out my dilemma! I'm going to sell my stuff full price, so that people who sell it again would only get there coins back from buying it.

I might post a message to every neighbours wall and say this, just so they're aware that I've changed my selling tactics.

If people weren't doing that whole I'm buying but I'm selling it full price thing, I would still sell most stuff at regular/market pricing. But too many people are doing this and this is the only way I can really see it stopping.
    So they are buying with the sole intention of reselling at a higher price ? They must have a lot of patience to find stuff like that.

The only times I sell back stuff I bought is only when doing deliveries and I bought more than what I need.

Say I needed 7 earrings & bought 10 because I couldn't get the exact amount I want, if I don't need the 3 I just sell back.

& since I take too long doing deliveries I only buy during events and try to get exact amounts so my inventory doesn't fill with unwanted items.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

You are already helping people save real money and gems, you should be rewarded for your efforts. I will only sell items cheap if I know someone needs the coins to get their farm up and running. Land expansions get pretty step in price later on too (~300-400k) so having decent coin will help. I still have many to unlock but I have saved up close to 4 million coin for when I need to expand.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Executive Chef
    I'm doing a "Black Friday" sale on my farm tomorrow, and I'm fearful that some may take advantage of the cheap prices to then sell it full price.

I hope not, but it seems like some people may enjoy cheaper tools and papers just this once. As I always sell them full price. But like I said, I'm only going to do it tomorrow. Might do it again next year if people don't take advantage of it.

Let's hope it doesn't backfire!

Executive Chef
    I'm doing a "Black Friday" sale on my farm tomorrow, and I'm fearful that some may take advantage of the cheap prices to then sell it full price.

I hope not, but it seems like some people may enjoy cheaper tools and papers just this once. As I always sell them full price. But like I said, I'm only going to do it tomorrow. Might do it again next year if people don't take advantage of it.

Let's hope it doesn't backfire!
    So far, I didn't see anything from people trying to re-sell it.

I personally wouldn't re-sell cheap tools or papers due to players (even myself) mostly always selling it for full price. I wouldn't waste such an awesome deal.

Or players really needed it, or a combination of the two.

Either way, or at least to my knowledge, it didn't backfire completely.

I'm going to possibly do this again next year, or even do something like it for Christmas for this year. Not on Christmas Day, but maybe a few days to even 10 days before.

I'll give it more thought. But I probably wouldn't do the cheap selling more than twice a year.

Executive Chef
    So far, I didn't see anything from people trying to re-sell it.

I personally wouldn't re-sell cheap tools or papers due to players (even myself) mostly always selling it for full price. I wouldn't waste such an awesome deal.

Or players really needed it, or a combination of the two.

Either way, or at least to my knowledge, it didn't backfire completely.

I'm going to possibly do this again next year, or even do something like it for Christmas for this year. Not on Christmas Day, but maybe a few days to even 10 days before.

I'll give it more thought. But I probably wouldn't do the cheap selling more than twice a year.
    I was proven wrong. People are reselling it. I've deleted them, but I'm not sure if I want to do it again now I only knew at first because I seen someone (a neighbour, now not) selling the for sale sign I just sold. Curiosity got to me, so I checked some neighbours stalls, and realised that at least 3-5 people were also reselling it. I don't think I'm going to do it again. People are taking advantage of it and I don't like it. People who don't have a lot of coins may have needed the cheap pricing, because these things; tools and papers always get sold full price.

It now makes sense from this one neighbour. I posted my selling message on there wall during my Black Friday sale, and again during my Christmas sale, someone posted less than a day after saying "thank you for the papers" and I truly didn't want to believe this person was reselling it at first, but catching it tonight proved it.

Executive Chef
    I think I have devolved a selling tactic that works for me now.

Selling market items at full price to the general market, when and if I do start selling again.

And to those who directly ask me for something, sell the craft/tool under standard market pricing. Maybe even sell it to them fully underpriced. At only 350 per 10 tools (screws, nails, etc) or per 10 papers.

As I have a feeling that those who directly ask me for something aren't going out of their way to re-sell it again. Or at least that is my thought process, as I have 1 casual and frequent costumer, possibly 2 again now or may eventually have 2 again a bit later from now. And they only ever ask for things seemingly when they need it for either an upgrade or an expansion.

Especially when it's not consistant, or often at that. I only usually get ask for help maybe twice at most by this one person a month. It's usually only ever once a month, and even then I haven't been asked for help since late last month.

I also for the most part stopped selling tools or even papers to the general market now and will only sell it as needed for when I no longer have much barn space or again, for when people specifically ask for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12