Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To sell at regular price, or not? (Reasonings)

Executive Chef

To sell at regular price, or not? (Reasonings)

Anyway. I've been underselling my crops, fish, cocoa. Etc etc. Just about everything, just not my needed tools to upgrade, or to expand more. As I am not going to sell them, for any price.

Like today, I've been buying some weird blue fish from the market for almost the passed week.

Anyway. It costed my at least over 600 coins to get the 8 blue fish.

Today I sold them for 150? I believe. As much as it would let me undersell them.

And the market price to sell all 8 was over 700 coins.

Anyway, I do this because I don't have a lot of coins, and I figure some other players on this game also don't.

Today I am building my chocolate machine, and when it builds and I can start making some, I'll also undersell them.

As I believe just for one piece of chocolate, is over 50 coins. Which to me, is seriously overpriced. I barely have enough at times just to afford 2.

So for them plane quests, or even the market bus, it requires chocolate, at times, and it regular market price, is too much. So I hope I am helping other people tremendously with this! Even though I am losing more coins for this, I figure I can help people with this.

Do you oversell, undersell, or sale at regular market price, and why?

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kappy333 View Post
    Anyway. I've been underselling my crops, fish, cocoa. Etc etc. Just about everything, just not my needed tools to upgrade, or to expand more. As I am not going to sell them, for any price.

Like today, I've been buying some weird blue fish from the market for almost the passed week.

Anyway. It costed my at least over 600 coins to get the 8 blue fish.

Today I sold them for 150? I believe. As much as it would let me undersell them.

And the market price to sell all 8 was over 700 coins.

Anyway, I do this because I don't have a lot of coins, and I figure some other players on this game also don't.

Today I am building my chocolate machine, and when it builds and I can start making some, I'll also undersell them.

As I believe just for one piece of chocolate, is over 50 coins. Which to me, is seriously overpriced. I barely have enough at times just to afford 2.

So for them plane quests, or even the market bus, it requires chocolate, at times, and it regular market price, is too much. So I hope I am helping other people tremendously with this! Even though I am losing more coins for this, I figure I can help people with this.

Do you oversell, undersell, or sale at regular market price, and why?
    I sell at full price!

I thought this was a discussion about whether selling items cheaper means u can sell more into the market. I believe some people do various things like selling one item cheap in small quantities so that people buy it and then come for a visit to see what else is there (when the visit link shows up).

Me personally I have a lot of slots now so I just sell everything full price since expansions are so expensive now I need the money. I also stopped manufacturing low value goods and will idle buildings unless required for events. I use barn space very strategically. I only manufacture high value goods and this sell them full price since there is almost always demand from other players trying to fill orders

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    I thought this was a discussion about whether selling items cheaper means u can sell more into the market. I believe some people do various things like selling one item cheap in small quantities so that people buy it and then come for a visit to see what else is there (when the visit link shows up).

Me personally I have a lot of slots now so I just sell everything full price since expansions are so expensive now I need the money. I also stopped manufacturing low value goods and will idle buildings unless required for events. I use barn space very strategically. I only manufacture high value goods and this sell them full price since there is almost always demand from other players trying to fill orders
    You do have a fair point.

In terms of selling items at full market price. Especially when it's an item of high demand.

I usually only sell vegetables, tree items (cocoa, apples, oranges, almonds, cinnamons) chocolate, fried eggs, Just general items that aren't too high a demand.

I just undersell my stuff because I was once in a place where I really struggled earning coins in the game (when I first started) and I figure it may help those who may also struggle. It may not help me in the end, but I know for other players it may.

But then again, I've seen people take advantage of me selling my stuff underpriced, but then resell it. Basically overselling it. Even though they don't particularly need it, it's just easy money for some, I guess.

I'm in a stuck place, with wondering what I should do, but for now. I'll just continue with how I'm doing it.

But it's definitely interesting to hear other tactics or players way on what they sell, and how they sell it.

Though when I get to my fishing area expanded, I'll only sell just a little under market price. Because for some people, it may be needed in loads or other uses, hence more of a demand and someone willing to buy it - on my end. I should probably expand there as soon as possible, because it's an easy money maker from what I've heard.

And if no one will buy it, at least a bot (stormie) will. So in the end, my whole fish selling should rack up very decent profit, depending on what I can catch.

Either way, I do agree to some and certain extent.

When u get to the further expansion slots u need a lot of money to even get one. While it?s commendable what u are doing, you are right that other people will do the arbitrage trade on your good intentions.

Something to note too, is that the game seem to group similar level players together. U will see people of a similar level in your market and vice versa, so at some point u probably won?t be showing up in the markets of lower level players that need coins desperately. Arguable, the game never lets u stop ?needing? coins no matter what level

Finally, the fishing pond is a gold mine. Look out for people selling golden lures en-mass. This is probably the most generous way to assist others earn coin.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

I am at the point where expansions cost a minimum $320,000! I have to sell most items at full price. And even with that it takes me forever to open one new slot! Love the game still❤️����

Executive Chef
    Okay, my opinion has shifted a bit. And I'm sure it will continue to change as I take stuff into consideration/thought more.

I will sell most stuff for cheap (for now)

But when events happen, that requires a lot of tapping of an animal or whatever,

Like now, with the Kudu's and Trekking Boots, I am overselling them. I want a bot to only buy it, though, but even with me warning neighbours, people are still buying them - I do hope they know and realise they're being oversold. But regardless, it's still very much pulling in very great profits.

I am trying to buy the donkey pen, and donkeys, but, I will make a pit stop to buy the house looking things to make flowers in (the flower shop).

As I am pulling in at least 20k a profit a day, since starting this whole overselling way + plus I have been selling corn syrup at market price - and that really is an item of high demand to some.

But after this event is over, I will sell for cheap again, but when an event has an item that appears way too much, instead of discarding them, like I have in the past, I will sell them.

I will build my flower shop first, just because sometimes flower crafts are needed in train orders, and in bulk. So, I may sell them at market price, or not much under.

Because that item may be a high demand for some, and like I said in a different post, previously on this thread, if it's an item of high demand, people will pay the price to get it.

I was going to make a pit stop regardless, to buy either the pizzeria or the flower shop, but with my thought process, I feel like flower items may be needed/bought more than a pizza would be.

---
    Edit, I just built my flower shop, and it takes two days (or so) for it to build? I am glad I got started on that first, then!
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 07-18-20 at 10:17 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    When u get to the further expansion slots u need a lot of money to even get one. While it?s commendable what u are doing, you are right that other people will do the arbitrage trade on your good intentions.

Something to note too, is that the game seem to group similar level players together. U will see people of a similar level in your market and vice versa, so at some point u probably won?t be showing up in the markets of lower level players that need coins desperately. Arguable, the game never lets u stop ?needing? coins no matter what level

Finally, the fishing pond is a gold mine. Look out for people selling golden lures en-mass. This is probably the most generous way to assist others earn coin.
    Again. You really have great points.

I will one day appear less and less to lower levels as I further my level in the game, myself - if I'm not already.

I definitely am taking what you have said into consideration.

I usually just sell at regular price because I am lazy or forget. When there?s an event item that sells at over 1,000 I normally make it maximum price though.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Executive Chef
    Right now, I am only really selling things of high demand.

Stuff like; Paint, Screws, Bricks, Nails etc

And even expansion papers, newer and older (of all types)

I sell them at full price, (1,750 coins) and since I sell so many of them at a time, I rack in very, very great profits.

Currently, I am only really selling items of high demand. As many players have needed them/asked me for some, that and I rarely ever get asked for regular stuff/items, so I just sell stuff that is most needed now.

Today, I racked in a profit of over 170,000 coins, which is the most I've racked in a day.

If I continue to bring in a profit of over 40,000 coins a day, or anything of that high a number, I won't really need to sell stuff anymore, unless directly asked to.

Which is great.

I hate to say that I've fallen into the "oversell" category, but, for high demand items, people will usually pay the price. Even though I feel bad for doing this, I know it helps me, as well as the other player, because they wouldn't buy it unless they need it. So hopefully I can also still be of help.

I will sell regular items for cheap, like cinnamon sprigs, etc. but things that I've listed above, I sell full price.

Things definitely have changed from my above (and first opening post, regarding this thread)

Earlier Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TwixAndScones View Post
    It's ironic, how I didn't have thoughts or even want to sell any of my expansion papers or tools to upgrade at first, for any price, but now I do - because that is how I now bring in 98% of my profit currently.
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 08-17-20 at 09:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast