Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Sea Day Trashtag Event - 2020 April 15

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireBlade1 View Post
    Anyone have any luck getting the net from the fish pond? I?m on day 2 now of trying for it and nada!

I?ve tried all the different lures (save for gold one as I?ve only gotten one gold from trucks so far) but no dice.

I was able to buy a net from newspaper but that didn?t satisfy quest- hesitant to waste it trying to get one from the pond.

Is it really just a random drop while you?re fishing in the pond or should I focus on making only higher tier lures? Thanks in advance
    You have to buy the net to fish with it doesn't drop from the pond.
    You get Soda Straws fishing from the pond.

Rhino Keeper
    For my last turn in before the event ends, got the sea star n it is a PET. Live in sand castle. So happy

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by spring_peeper View Post
    This is why there is the Upcycling machine boost. It?s the games way of getting you to spend money to get prizes for the event.

Oh how I long for the days when these events were actually possible to complete with some creative farming and diligence, not $$$. It?s just beyond frustrating now. Events are identical every time, some prizes aren?t that great (and you get 10 of them), and just to increase your chances at getting a drop, you have to spend money.

S8, maybe just increase the drop rates for the mine and studio a tiny bit?
    Unfortunately even with the Upcycle machine it is virtually impossible. I bought it 4 days ago and the last 3 items are the hardest to get because of low drop rates. So when you construct one needed item, you then lose quantity on the previous item and it is a viscous cycle. If you spend time making enough of the other previous items so you do not run out of those items when you are constructing the more elusive items, then you just RUN OUT OF TIME. The stupid nets take 3 hours to make but you cannot get enough forks to make them in a timely manner. I even expanded out 4 slots so I could have stuff cooking while I slept (gotta sleep sometime right?) but I am still probably not going to get the Starfish. I have received 7 cows and multiples of all the other items but not the Starfish. I think the ONLY way to win these Collection challenges is to buy the boost machine the FIRST day and start cooking immediately. The only problem is that it costs twice as much. But if you wait for it to go on sale, unless you are super lucky you will not win the grand prize.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by spring_peeper View Post
    This is why there is the Upcycling machine boost. It?s the games way of getting you to spend money to get prizes for the event.

Oh how I long for the days when these events were actually possible to complete with some creative farming and diligence, not $$$. It?s just beyond frustrating now. Events are identical every time, some prizes aren?t that great (and you get 10 of them), and just to increase your chances at getting a drop, you have to spend money.

S8, maybe just increase the drop rates for the mine and studio a tiny bit?
    Nevermind, I finished the quest now, got 2 racoons. Didn't spend a single gem or real money and that's how I prefer. But I agree, the game is less enjoyable now, I came back to play again after few years break but I might drop it altogether

41 collections over 100 gems zero starfish.......zero. I haven’t gotten a prize pet in months. Sad��

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mearro View Post
    Nevermind, I finished the quest now, got 2 racoons. Didn't spend a single gem or real money and that's how I prefer. But I agree, the game is less enjoyable now, I came back to play again after few years break but I might drop it altogether
    How did you get 2 racoons. I know 1 is from 5 turns in. Where the 2nd one from ?

Quote Originally Posted by tsumtsum27 View Post
    How did you get 2 racoons. I know 1 is from 5 turns in. Where the 2nd one from ?
    One is the last milestone prize in the leaderboard

Did anyone get the starfish? Am curious what it looks like and how it moves around the farm.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Did anyone get the starfish? Am curious what it looks like and how it moves around the farm.
    I did!
    It could be a little bigger but it is cute.
    Slides around.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by princessskykennedy View Post
    41 collections over 100 gems zero starfish.......zero. I haven’t gotten a prize pet in months. Sad��
    I quit at 50 collections and, same as you, no starfish. Very frustrating!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast