Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else

Fashion Designer

Question Anyone Else

Does anyone else miss the "classic days" of DS? Like when we didn't have Night dragons, Light, Pink, Metal, Mythic, Cosmic, Gemstone, Zodiac, Fairytale, Royal, etc.
    I loved the game when we just had Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, and Diamond.
    And the older dragons too..they were...cuter? I feel like the newer dragons are far too extravagant and busy.
    All of the Metal dragons are really ugly, and I sold my Metal dragon within a day of getting it. And there really isn't a need to get more than 1 or 2 habitats for these "extra" dragons, so their habitats look really ugly and out of place.
    (Also, the amount of food that dragons need are skyrocketing )
    And, there were already tough odds when it comes to breeding, and adding splitting elements made it so difficult.
    The whole game is just getting kind of exhausting. Breeding, Evolving, Mining, Trading, Crafting, Tournaments, World Events, Battles in general, Quests, Arctic Isles, and Healing.
    If I could, I would switch to Android, except the fact that I do have some iOS only dragons so...
    Even though I don't like some of the aspects, I do love DS, and it's my favorite game

Please don't take any of this personally, as it is just my opinion.
    Last edited by PineapplePigeon; 06-12-14 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Typo
    accepting all neighbors

Rhino Keeper
    I have to agree on some points.
    I came to Dragon Story when they shut down Treasure Story.
    And it was too many of those specialty dragons with their special habitats that made the game so not fun for me that I sold all my dragons and habitats and stopped playing.
    I hadn't even finished clearing the first island and suddenly I was breeding Rainbow, Dino and Fairytale. All of which required their own specialized habitats and earned very little. I couldn't even trade them in for gems.

Had I thought of it at the time I would have just sold them off the nest.
    So I get why people complain that stuff like expanding is too expensive. It's pretty hard to expand when you're throwing all your money into specialized habitats that don't, in my opinion add anything to the game.
    Oh. And trying to complete those Island Goals.

Now my second time around I'm a lot more selective about what I keep and how I play.
    I don't Battle. For me it's more frustrating than fun.
    I would Quest if I could count on my dragons bringing back what I send them out for. Y'know---like during a World Event.
    Everything else I enjoy.

Oh and just wanted to add that Dragon Story is the first/only digital game that I ever spent real money on. So it can't be all that bad. :-D
    Last edited by Sparkly888; 06-12-14 at 06:44 PM.

Banned
    Did you hear about the new craze in the human world? You watched the show, now play the game. S8 PROPERTY BROTHERS.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyym View Post
    Did you hear about the new craze in the human world? You watched the show, now play the game. S8 PROPERTY BROTHERS.
    Gee..really

So sick of that pop up and all the rest too..sooooo annoying

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PineapplePigeon View Post
    Does anyone else miss the "classic days" of DS? Like when we didn't have Night dragons, Light, Pink, Metal, Mythic, Cosmic, Gemstone, Zodiac, Fairytale, Royal, etc.
    I loved the game when we just had Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, and Diamond.
    And the older dragons too..they were...cuter? I feel like the newer dragons are far too extravagant and busy.
    All of the Metal dragons are really ugly, and I sold my Metal dragon within a day of getting it. And there really isn't a need to get more than 1 or 2 habitats for these "extra" dragons, so their habitats look really ugly and out
    (Also, the amount of food that dragons need are skyrocketing )
    And, there were already tough odds when it comes to breeding, and adding splitting elements made it so difficult.
    The whole game is just getting kind of exhausting. Breeding, Evolving, Mining, Trading, Crafting, Tournaments, World Events, Battles in general, Quests, Arctic Isles, and Healing.
    If I could, I would switch to Android, except the fact that I do have some iOS only dragons so...
    Even though I don't like some of the aspects, I do love DS, and it's my favorite game

Please don't take any of this personally, as it is just my opinion.

Yes miss the ' good old days ' too..back when the game was fun
    Now its just the same old thing week after week after week..nothing ever new

Quote Originally Posted by Fyym View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by orson32 View Post
    Gee..really

So sick of that pop up and all the rest too..sooooo annoying
    My solution?

I installed the game and played it to level 50. I received all the gold, gems, and whatnots in all the Story games that I played and the Naggings stopped.

It was barely challenging, halfway entertaining, but the gold, gems, and whatnots I received in all the games made the half-a-Saturday-morning fell less wasted

Oh! About the old days of DS? Yes, I do miss it. I was one of the early players and enjoyed the simplicity. I don't mind the current complexity, but I absolutely hate the stagnation

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    My solution?

I installed the game and played it to level 50. I received all the gold, gems, and whatnots in all the Story games that I played and the Naggings stopped.

It was barely challenging, halfway entertaining, but the gold, gems, and whatnots I received in all the games made the half-a-Saturday-morning fell less wasted

Oh! About the old days of DS? Yes, I do miss it. I was one of the early players and enjoyed the simplicity. I don't mind the current complexity, but I absolutely hate the stagnation
    Yes, the stagnation of the game is really turning people off. I used to participate in every event but with all the mess ups, the lost land and back to back events I cut back on playing. The tournaments were the most exciting but I even cut back on that as life and work is more important. Hopefully something happens next month for the birthday celebration to inject some life into the game.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    Yes, the stagnation of the game is really turning people off. I used to participate in every event but with all the mess ups, the lost land and back to back events I cut back on playing. The tournaments were the most exciting but I even cut back on that as life and work is more important. Hopefully something happens next month for the birthday celebration to inject some life into the game.
    DITTO
    I totally agree. The game has deteriorated into a boring process driven series of events - same old same old. I have persevered mainly for the tournaments but now with constant rollbacks (including the silent sneaky ones) I now only compete when the dragon prize is a combo I do not have. After all with habitat room at a premium we are forced to sell most of our dragons
    What happened to the satisfaction surveys after each event? Why did they stop?
    What happened to the players being asked how WE would like to see the game evolve?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
    DITTO
    I totally agree. The game has deteriorated into a boring process driven series of events - same old same old.
    Agreed. The new random ads are my last straw. I didn?t mind the ads when I controlled when they played, but the new ones pop up whenever. They blare sound in the middle of the night, which wakes up my spouse. Grrrrr.

Goodbye DS. I have played since Day 1. There are better games now.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by shawa13 View Post
    Agreed. The new random ads are my last straw. I didn?t mind the ads when I controlled when they played, but the new ones pop up whenever. They blare sound in the middle of the night, which wakes up my spouse. Grrrrr.

Goodbye DS. I have played since Day 1. There are better games now.
    Hey Shawa
    Pls tell me about better games. I am desperate to leave DS but keep coming back for want of something else to play

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast