Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 03/19: I See The Light | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by transberry View Post
    I’ve never seen the gold mine for sale, will continue to seek it.
    It was on sale last Black Friday.
    That's when I bought it and I agree it's a very very good.
    The Golden Peacocks are also good for Golden Items. Especially if you have more of them and collect from them every 12 hours.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by redbullangel View Post
    One more tip, even for those who have decided not to play... if you buy and store all of the electrified trees that you're inventory will hold (probably 99) you will have FULLY GROWN TREES that can be chopped as needed for wood and living wood, without the need to grow them. I still have icy willows in my inventory from the ice queen event. I plan on storing 99 of these, as well.

Edit: you can have 99 total. If you have 10 out, you'll be able to have 89 in storage.
    Thanks for the tip redbullangel, stored the maximum amount now!
    I did store 10 of them for decoration, but indeed always a good idea to have fully grown trees in you inventory (and their super cheap!)

Rhino Keeper
    And again, we wait... I was tempted for a moment to gem ahead so I could start actually crafting stuff, but the price for opening the next chapter is now 40 gems, which is more than I'm willing to spend.
    I did stock up on electrified wood and sturdy bolts as much as I could before upgrading the tower.

ETA: The drop rate for sturdy bolts seems to fluctuate pretty wildly, between 7 and 15 per rock outcropping is what I've seen. I think an average of 2 energy per sturdy bolt would be a good estimate. And I've already gotten two golden nuggets from chopping rocks for sturdy bolts, so that's always welcome!

Rhino Keeper
    I feel like I'm talking to myself a bit, lol. But still: I've been looking ahead a bit, particularly in terms of energy requirements. Obviously we don't have all the data yet, but here is what we do know:
    - Electrified wood has a high drop rate. While we need quite a lot if it, it shouldn't be a huge energy drain.
    - Sturdy bolts have a much lower drop rate, though not awful, and we need just a little over 300 of them. I'd calculate 600-650 energy for them total.
    - Spark trees and rock outcropping are supposed to also drop materials we need in later chapters once we get there. So even if you have the energy to stock up on electrified wood and sturdy bolts early on (cap permitting), consider leaving some chopping for when those other materials start dropping so as not to waste energy.
    - Stymie (having gemmed ahead to chapter 6) has reported that they got 4 welder's oil on their first collection. I believe the drops will vary, but this is promising. Maybe an average of 2 per collection? With 78 oil needed total (at least according to my calculation - I might be wrong), that's less than 40 energy.
    - The leaves very little other materials we'll need to collect. Even if those take more energy per piece to get, their absolute number isn't very high.

Given all that I'm inclined to believe this event will require much less energy in total than other recent events. I hope I won't be proven wrong! Quite liking the format so far!

Executive Chef
    Totally agree with queens_ransom!
    I will be starting Chapter 9 this afternoon. I have 2 Firefly Nests and 2 Iron Fountains. So far I have hit no bottlenecks, and looking forward that will stay the same. The drops of everything are very reasonable. The drops of Electrified Wood are very good. The drops of Sturdy Bolts are lower, but come consistently as well. I park a monster when collecting from these so I don't waste energy. In the later chapters, I am parking a Mothmonster which I am spawning from the Farmhouses. There is the occasional Fangbeast, but I must say, I have been getting more Mothmonsters which you need for Moth Jewels. Put out all your Farmhouses to spawn the Mothmonsters. Page 1 states they spawn from Trees, but I only used Farmhouses.
    The drops of Welder's Oil from the Iron Fountain come in multiples. Many times you get 3 or 4. As earlier stated, I do have 2. The drops from the Firefly Nest are probably what has been slowing me down. It drops only 1 Fire Flies, but the collection time is 10 minutes (I swear it used to be 6 minutes). I also have 2 of the Firefly Nests.
    Wrapping up, this has been very enjoyable since the drops have all finally been extremely reasonable.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks so much for all the info, Stymie!!

Rhino Keeper
    I like the storybook event. It?s been a while and is changing things up a bit.

My biggest concern is in goal 9 where we have to visit 50 kingdoms and request 20 items from neighbors at the end of the event. Many of us experience game crashes when visiting neighbors and community. Plus, our goal progression will depend on other players.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Amore1234567 View Post
    I like the storybook event. It?s been a while and is changing things up a bit.

My biggest concern is in goal 9 where we have to visit 50 kingdoms and request 20 items from neighbors at the end of the event. Many of us experience game crashes when visiting neighbors and community. Plus, our goal progression will depend on other players.
    Visit realms which are low level. Also free your phone form all other running applications and reboot your device to have the maximum memory cleaned. Also this is day 9, so you have 2 days to complete the task, preparing all days 10 elements can be done on day 9.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Farm Supplier
    My first story book event and first post on the forum! Don’t give up lower level players on the golden eggs requirement. Since the event started, I’ve gotten 5 eggs, need just one more. In the meantime, I’ve cooked 26 simple glues which look to be needed later, made 15 fancy blocks, cooked 2 hearty feasts and collected 200 electrified wood. And don’t forget to collect from your sheep for the required 30 prime cuts. Thanks to all those working ahead and their helpful posts. Still hoping to catch up and complete the event! Good luck to all!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GameAddicted007 View Post
    That new person is @ClassySnake.
    I also suffer from repeated crushdowns of the game and when it restart it takes veeeery long time.

I feel sorry for all who don't have enough Golden Eggs for this event. Let me recommend you something: I bought three Golden Mines (bought them one by one on sale ? Black Friday, Christmas Sale or Easter Sale, don't remember which one), and neve regretted that though they cost a lot of gems. They give me daily golden items which I can trade for gems in Royal Exchange, so it is really worth investment of your gems&real money. Only they give golden nugget more rarely than golden apple or golden egg. For this reason I am always full of golden apples.
    Even when I had just one Golden Mine it was very helpful. Folks, it is worth of investment. If you cannot spend real money, craft food items and make 1-gem trades in your Royal Exchange, also we get at least 1 gem daily for watching ads ? it is possible, to save enough for the Golden Mine.
    So happy about the storybook event. I even forgot how to play those, we didn't have them since long.
    Thank you @SpiritWind, @ShibuyaCloth and @ClassySnake for increasing our chances for successful event!
    Good luck everyone.
    Thanks for the name, ClassySnake, thanks so much for all your help and comments:-)*

I too have 3 of the mines that I collect from every morning and they make a HUGE difference. I forgot to mention that in my previous comments. I also almost always buy the packs with expansion permits and other helpful items so I rarely have any problems finishing events. I know most people don?t want to spend any money on a free to play game but usually the prices don?t get much higher than 10 bucks and are super helpful.

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast