Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 03/19: I See The Light | event information on page 1

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    I just did the math.

Only gather necessary Electrified Wood and Sturdy Bolts until the Spark Flowers, receptively, the Sparking Rock are needed. That to optimize energy consumption:
    1) Gather 360 Electric Wood before Chapter 6
    2) Gather 230 Bolts before Chapter 9
    3) Craft 8 Electric Block before chapter 6, 10 Block before Chapter 9

It is not worth to collect to much in advance or you will need much more energy in the last 2 chapters. Moreover, crafting the Mothmonster should be done before chapter 9.

This is probably a really dumb question but how do you keep track of the number of materials you have collected thus far when you are using them as you collect to both 1. upgrade the building and 2. make other materials such as blocks and beams? Each time you use some and check your inventory the number will be lower even though technically you collected the used contents already. Or are you saying that before level six we need to do the upgrading it asks us to do, make all materials it mentions in the requirements and in addition gather the supplies you listed? Although, I am not sure that makes sense.

Can you help me understand how this works for you, how you keep track and how it helps you
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate the help and clarification.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyhook View Post
    Can you help me understand how this works for you, how you keep track and how it helps you
    You need to keep track in a spreadsheet of some kind, can't do it in-game. I have one where I calculate both the total needed and, more importantly, how much I still need given where I am in the event and what I already have in inventory.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyhook View Post
    This is probably a really dumb question but how do you keep track of the number of materials you have collected thus far when you are using them as you collect to both 1. upgrade the building and 2. make other materials such as blocks and beams? Each time you use some and check your inventory the number will be lower even though technically you collected the used contents already. Or are you saying that before level six we need to do the upgrading it asks us to do, make all materials it mentions in the requirements and in addition gather the supplies you listed? Although, I am not sure that makes sense.

It's not a dumb question at all.
    I think the most important thing to do is not to collect more Electric Wood and Sturdy Bolts than you need for the current goal UNTIL the Spark Tree and Rock Outcropping start to drop Spark Flowers and Sparking Rock.
    (they will start to drop once you need them for your goal, Sparkling Flowers in Goal 6 and Sparkling Rocks in Goal 9)

If you collect all the Electric Wood you need for the entire event beforehand, then you would still need to chop the Spark Tree to get the Spark Flowers later, giving you also Electric Wood which you wouldn't need anymore which would be a shame/ waste of energy.

I thing you can collect the Fire Flies in advance.
    Good luck everyone!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    I thing you can collect the Fire Flies in advance.
    Good luck everyone!
    Chapter 5 is the first chapter you DEFINITELY need to keep open until the next day. Do not upgrade the tower so that you can keep collecting fireflies.

If you upgrade as soon as you get 25 fireflies, they will no longer drop from the houses. Chapter 5 is a good place to try to get all the fireflies (140) because you don't need energy for anything else (once you've made the 4 conductive blocks). Every remaining chapter requires more tree and rock chopping plus fighting monsters.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Chapter 5 is the first chapter you DEFINITELY need to keep open until the next day. Do not upgrade the tower so that you can keep collecting fireflies.

If you upgrade as soon as you get 25 fireflies, they will no longer drop from the houses. Chapter 5 is a good place to try to get all the fireflies (140) because you don't need energy for anything else (once you've made the 4 conductive blocks). Every remaining chapter requires more tree and rock chopping plus fighting monsters.
    Did you mean Firefly Nests instead of houses for collecting Fire Flies, or am I missing something, not getting any from houses?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post

It's definitely a good idea to keep the chapter open and keep collecting fire flies, but I don't think it's realistic to collect all 140 in one day. Without buying extra firefly nests for gems, that would mean almost 12 hrs of non-stop collecting every ten minutes. I don't think that degree of babysitting is feasible for most of us - or even something we'd be willing to do if we could.
    But by all means, keep collecting throughout the day and don't upgrade early! It will definitely help!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by laudenum View Post
    Did you mean Firefly Nests instead of houses for collecting Fire Flies, or am I missing something, not getting any from houses?
    Yes Firefly Nests are meant.
    The Firefly Nests are Firefly Houses

Is it a max of 2 firefly nests? I bought 2 and then went back to buy more and it was gone.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosewood_Keep View Post
    Is it a max of 2 firefly nests? I bought 2 and then went back to buy more and it was gone.
    There should be the possibility of buying more, but only for gems. The max you can buy with coins is 2.

I gotta say, I LOVE fireflies! We used to catch and release nightly as a kid
    THANK YOU moderators & forum participants for the invaluable help!
    The trouble with trouble is, it starts out as fun
    FF ID: AaAPocos
    DS ID: CB's DraGoons
    CS ID: CB's Kingdom