Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: An Irish Ire 2020 March 12 (5 Days)

Absolutely absurd! Asking for people to use gems to buy appliances for a goal is too much... and for one Irish "scene" is ridiculous. RS needs MORE St Patrick's day decor! At the very least, put items up for sale BEFORE the 17th. I'm also playing BS and there's a plethora of Irish/St Paddy's items to decorate with and I've only been playing over there for a year now. Very disappointed. And it's not just because I'm Irish 🍀😁
    Last edited by SurfergirlSD; 03-12-20 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Won't emoji

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    I don't recall specifically, but I remember when they used a gem stove for a bakery 5-day goal, they eased up on the requirements for that stove so you really could complete everything on a single stove. This has 5+24+80 hours cook time for the pub stove cooking, or 4.5 days on one appliance. So yeah, technically possible on a single pub stove, but not easy.

I'm going to do it, but only because I already have 2 stoves. (Will probably skip buying a 3rd for 2 gems instead of paying 5). Which makes me question: I wouldn't normally buy 2 stoves unless I was going to earn 12 gems from mastering it. Didn't the pub stove used to offer double the mastery earnings? It doesn't have the little info symbol any more. If it did, does it not now? Because I hadn't even hit the midway point on anything. Did they lower the profits on the old recipes? (Or did I just make a mistake buying a 2nd one?)

re: low income players. Sorry, but they're not earning my sympathies (at least not for this). If you can't get clean water, food, safety, shelter, healthcare, education, etc., that's terrible and deserves sympathy, not to mention donations and political action. Gems in a silly game? You're joking, right?
    Sadly, the double gems for mastery were never offered for this appliance. At least, not according to my memory, my notes and my skimming of the original release: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...-June-3rd-2015

I totally agree with your comment on gem purchasing and lower income households. The main reason I, personally, think charging gems for goal appliances is wrong is simply that the only new content we get is via goals so they're not really that optional anymore... are they?

If we were still getting regular updates then I wouldn't care about a gem appliance but when the only way to get new content is from goals then it seems wrong to create goals that require gems.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    I don't recall specifically, but I remember when they used a gem stove for a bakery 5-day goal, they eased up on the requirements for that stove so you really could complete everything on a single stove. This has 5+24+80 hours cook time for the pub stove cooking, or 4.5 days on one appliance. So yeah, technically possible on a single pub stove, but not easy.

I'm going to do it, but only because I already have 2 stoves. (Will probably skip buying a 3rd for 2 gems instead of paying 5). Which makes me question: I wouldn't normally buy 2 stoves unless I was going to earn 12 gems from mastering it. Didn't the pub stove used to offer double the mastery earnings? It doesn't have the little info symbol any more. If it did, does it not now? Because I hadn't even hit the midway point on anything. Did they lower the profits on the old recipes? (Or did I just make a mistake buying a 2nd one?)

re: low income players. Sorry, but they're not earning my sympathies (at least not for this). If you can't get clean water, food, safety, shelter, healthcare, education, etc., that's terrible and deserves sympathy, not to mention donations and political action. Gems in a silly game? You're joking, right?
    You don't have to feel sympathy to those that cannot afford gems, but keep the thread less problematic than what it needs to be.

But since you want to - no obviously, not being able to afford gems is not as bad as not having clean water, or water in general.

And I'm sure everyone knows this. So I don't know why you needed or felt the need to bring the two up in the same sentence.

People weren't saying that not being able to afford gems were as bad as not having education, healthcare, or anything of the sort.

Host(ess)
    thanks S8 for showing you care about your users, NOT
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 03-12-20 at 08:13 PM. Reason: language

Rhino Keeper
    Not doing this goal .

I have to say it’s pretty messed up to asked people to spend gems on a appliance. I’m doing it cause I have the gems to spare but some people don’t. It does take some of the fun out of it though.

Farm Supplier
    I will NEVER do a goal that is gem reliant. I repeat NEVER. So uncool! The item doesnt even look like it relates to St. Patrick's Day. What a bummer.......

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kappy333 View Post
    Interesting: though I'd wish for it to be a Leprechaun House. That is a very cute item, and I wished I have it in my collection of items.

Though to be fair, they mostly only offer 2nd place prizes for 5 day mini/flash goals. So I'll wait to see if it returns in the future, as that would be very nice!

I'm not going to participate, however.

As the oven is 5 gems a piece (at this current moment - and the chances of that changing are very slim to none) and the prize, to me, isn't worth the 10-15 gems that I would need to spend on the stove to finish. If the offering would've been the Leprechaun House, i would have definitely do it.
    I was hoping it would've been the Leprechaun House too, bummer.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Executive Chef
    So who is doing this goal ?
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    So who is doing this goal ?
    Not me as I only have 4 gems and I refuse to spend more just to get the ovens for goals!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast