Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: An Irish Ire 2020 March 12 (5 Days)

Rhino Keeper
    Not doing this goal.

I'm not spending 5 gems per oven for a goal. Let them fix the problems with the failed loading gemvideo's first.

The Pub Stove is one of my favorite stoves ever, I already had 4 bought, so buying one more is no problem. I love the goal prize for this and can’t wait to use it in my place. Bakery Story did this same thing last year, using a gem oven for a five day goal, so this is not something new. Boy, I wish I could get gems everyday just for watching videos, I guess only certain players get that luxury offered to them, I have to buy mine.

Rhino Keeper
    The problem with this kind of goals is that a lot of people can't afford to buy gems with real money because they're children or people with low income.
    And I really think it's mean that Storm8 does these kinda things.
    But that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by annalimanada; 03-12-20 at 07:06 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by annalimanada View Post
    The problem with this kind of goals is that a lot of people can't afford to buy gems with real money because they're children or people with low income.
    And I really think it's mean that Storm8 does these kinda things.
    But that's just my opinion.
    Yeah. Some time ago, I was just passing by walls, and one of the first messages I accidentally read, was about a player wanting/needing some card money (to get gems) on the game. Unfortunately, I felt bad. But not everyone has the means to be able to afford them.

So I don't entirely agree with them doing gem ovens/stoves for goals, or to be able to get past a goal - even if they've done so in the past with previous goals.

Even though I have the moneys and the means to be able to afford stuff on the game, it's not a good tactic in my honest opinion.
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

Executive Chef
    I don't recall specifically, but I remember when they used a gem stove for a bakery 5-day goal, they eased up on the requirements for that stove so you really could complete everything on a single stove. This has 5+24+80 hours cook time for the pub stove cooking, or 4.5 days on one appliance. So yeah, technically possible on a single pub stove, but not easy.

I'm going to do it, but only because I already have 2 stoves. (Will probably skip buying a 3rd for 2 gems instead of paying 5). Which makes me question: I wouldn't normally buy 2 stoves unless I was going to earn 12 gems from mastering it. Didn't the pub stove used to offer double the mastery earnings? It doesn't have the little info symbol any more. If it did, does it not now? Because I hadn't even hit the midway point on anything. Did they lower the profits on the old recipes? (Or did I just make a mistake buying a 2nd one?)

re: low income players. Sorry, but they're not earning my sympathies (at least not for this). If you can't get clean water, food, safety, shelter, healthcare, education, etc., that's terrible and deserves sympathy, not to mention donations and political action. Gems in a silly game? You're joking, right?
    Last edited by twospoons; 03-12-20 at 06:56 PM.

Are you kidding me?!?! Didn't S8 learn anything from the their last gems-for-stoves debacle?? There's a reason so many of us old-timers don't have any of these ovens.
    I really feel for all the newer players who don't have a lot of gems, and for those who can't afford to buy them. This goal is a real slap in the face to them.
    I have over 4000 gems, but will not spend any on this goal. It's my personal show of solidarity with the little guys!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    Are you kidding me?!?! Didn't S8 learn anything from the their last gems-for-stoves debacle?? There's a reason so many of us old-timers don't have any of these ovens.
    I really feel for all the newer players who don't have a lot of gems, and for those who can't afford to buy them. This goal is a real slap in the face to them.
    I have over 4000 gems, but will not spend any on this goal. It's my personal show of solidarity with the little guys!
    Exactly, you think they would - but apparently not.
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post

Thank you

Not playing this one since you have to pay with gems! Plus I don?t like the displays with walls. They are too hard to place!

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    The selection of a gem appliance surprised me too to be honest. As others have said before, it happened a while ago with a 5-day goal on Bakery Story, and after the overwhelmingly unpopular feedback the 5-day goals have stuck to coin-priced appliances ever since. So it's quite strange to see this happen in Restaurant Story

I'm going to be sitting out on this one, mostly because I don't think it's a good investment of my gems. But after the fish-and-shrimp-on-a-drink-machine debacle from the last set of 5-day goals, it is at least kinda nice to see a relevant appliance/recipes pairing. I say kinda because you'd think it would be the standard...
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast