Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member Hangout

Question New to Farm Story and have questions

[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]Hi my Storm8 ID is CrystalMoonPhD, game is Farm Story & farm name is Crystal Moon. I'm new to this game & as with Bakery Story I tried playing & later uninstalled for lack of any but several sentences of actual instructions, I have some questions that arent listed in the help menu of FS. As with every game on Galaxy Tab, even the tab itself, why nowadays instructions are for the most part omitted in games and PC gadgets is beyond me.

I guess I am a dinosaur cause back in the day, lol there were a set of instructions with all games purchased. Although, thankfully I have figured out my GTab sans manual as well as the basic stuff on Farm Story, it is a bit frustrating running into snags with no reference in sight. Ok, first off, I'm currently on level 26 & I purchased so far 23x23 expansion for farm land. I had to buy it, as $800,000 would of taken weeks to acquire & buying land in advance makes it SO much easier to plan what items I can purchase, how many, & where to place them. Apparently, I'm maxed out forever for more land, or I am required to be on some far off advanced level?

Which is it? Had I known via instructions this "crop duster" (given ANOTHER set of bobbing apples instead of crop duster, charged 15 gems--get billed ANOTHER 56gems--only to find that the dang thing is so large it took up my entire pen for cattle) in addition to being very expensive, is a space hog & it doesnt even say what,how its to be used. I DID email the support team,got a reply on 11-7-11 it may take several days to get back to me. In the mean time as I explained to them, both the bobbing apples & the plane are in inventory, as Ive nowhere to put them unless at some point I will be able to purchase more land. I am not rich. I love the game, but I could have avoided wasting 71 gems if I had had instructions explaining these things. Why must certain items be way out of proportion in size? It seems like a ploy to milk more money out of us. I find that deceptive.

1. Have I reached a perm ceiling for expanding farm or will I be permitted more on advanced levels?

2. How exactly is this "crop duster" to help me? I was under the impression reading a thread that it waters your crops for you. I did put cattle in inventory for a few hours, nothing happened, so someone please tell me what the deal is with this thing.

3. I have spent some $200 real money, I have the right to know. I asked cust support for my 71 gems back and I'll return the Boeing747 haha and the apples. How does this work?

4. I bought and put a silo on my land, bought other stuff but every time I log onto game, I repeatedly get messages asking me to buy silo, cows, water/feed trough--ignoring the fact these were purchased more than once already except silo, I have one. Whats up with that? Someone please shed some light on these questions, thanks!
    [/COLOR]

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMoonPhD View Post
    [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]Hi my Storm8 ID is CrystalMoonPhD, game is Farm Story & farm name is Crystal Moon. I'm new to this game & as with Bakery Story I tried playing & later uninstalled for lack of any but several sentences of actual instructions, I have some questions that arent listed in the help menu of FS. As with every game on Galaxy Tab, even the tab itself, why nowadays instructions are for the most part omitted in games and PC gadgets is beyond me.

I guess I am a dinosaur cause back in the day, lol there were a set of instructions with all games purchased. Although, thankfully I have figured out my GTab sans manual as well as the basic stuff on Farm Story, it is a bit frustrating running into snags with no reference in sight. Ok, first off, I'm currently on level 26 & I purchased so far 23x23 expansion for farm land. I had to buy it, as $800,000 would of taken weeks to acquire & buying land in advance makes it SO much easier to plan what items I can purchase, how many, & where to place them. Apparently, I'm maxed out forever for more land, or I am required to be on some far off advanced level?

Which is it? Had I known via instructions this "crop duster" (given ANOTHER set of bobbing apples instead of crop duster, charged 15 gems--get billed ANOTHER 56gems--only to find that the dang thing is so large it took up my entire pen for cattle) in addition to being very expensive, is a space hog & it doesnt even say what,how its to be used. I DID email the support team,got a reply on 11-7-11 it may take several days to get back to me. In the mean time as I explained to them, both the bobbing apples & the plane are in inventory, as Ive nowhere to put them unless at some point I will be able to purchase more land. I am not rich. I love the game, but I could have avoided wasting 71 gems if I had had instructions explaining these things. Why must certain items be way out of proportion in size? It seems like a ploy to milk more money out of us. I find that deceptive.

1. Have I reached a perm ceiling for expanding farm or will I be permitted more on advanced levels?

2. How exactly is this "crop duster" to help me? I was under the impression reading a thread that it waters your crops for you. I did put cattle in inventory for a few hours, nothing happened, so someone please tell me what the deal is with this thing.

3. I have spent some $200 real money, I have the right to know. I asked cust support for my 71 gems back and I'll return the Boeing747 haha and the apples. How does this work?

4. I bought and put a silo on my land, bought other stuff but every time I log onto game, I repeatedly get messages asking me to buy silo, cows, water/feed trough--ignoring the fact these were purchased more than once already except silo, I have one. Whats up with that? Someone please shed some light on these questions, thanks!
    [/COLOR]
    Welcome to the Forums.
    1-There are not any yet, because more could mean that the games become completely unplayable on older devices due to memory restrictions. But TL say that they're working on it.
    2-It has no function except as a decoration.
    3-They probably won't do that, but if you wait, they should e-mail you back. You can check your e-mail progress at the Support Site
    4-Some of the tasks don't work, but unless you buy one whilst actually doing the task, it won't register.

Hope this helps.

Sorry I meant to say I put the cattle in inventory and put the crop duster in that space to see if my crops got watered & nothing happened so I put the crop duster back in inventory and put my animals back. If all that dang plane is for is to take up space its NOT worth sacrificing money making crops,trees,or animals!

Ok thanks, Rachel. I take it to mean as of now, 23x23 is the ceiling on land I can purchase, right? Sorry am unclear about answer to question 1. You said there arent any yet, meaning no online insruction manual for game, no acquiring more land, or both? I assume you meant both, thanks.

Executive Chef
    A bitter and lonely state of cruelty and injustice
    Yep, I am pretty sure she meant both Enjoy

Rhino Keeper

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by mattdiner View Post
    Are you new to this forum? Do you feel intimidated posting among the "expert" members? Introduce yourself here to ease into the flow on this forum.
    I'm very New!!!!!!!

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by manger63 View Post
    I'm very New!!!!!!!
    HI Welcome to the forum.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by manger63 View Post
    I'm very New!!!!!!!
    Hi there and Welcome!
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Fashion Designer
    I'm somewhere in Asia but wishes to be in New York
    Just wondering, what does the button with the " + do? The one after reply with quote :x

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by greygull View Post
    Hi there and Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtytomlinson View Post
    Just wondering, what does the button with the " + do? The one after reply with quote :x
    It's a multiquote (see, I pressed it on GG's post).

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast