Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gold Tokens for Strongshine NOT Awarded For Breeding on Last Day of Leaderboard Event

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    For the majority of players, this is a generous solution. The issue duration was for ~7 hours (verified with our system timestamps). The resolution assumes the following two factors for are true for all players in the game: 1) both breeding sources were active and 2) the breeds were for exactly 7 hours. 14 hours (2 sources) x14 (per hour)=196 rounded up to 200.

The outside factors are:
    - The Breeding Roost is a premium feature so while we accommodate for this factor, it's not likely all players have both sources active.
    - If the timer for the breeding sources exceeded the 7hr duration, the player would not have received any Gold Tokens during the time period.
    - Unknown factor of speed breeds require individual review by support to evaluate if their claim exceeds the 200 from the gift.

We put a lot of thought and consideration into the decision. If you don't agree with the amount, you're invited to contact support to request a review of your game activities to verify if you are eligible for additional compensation.
    Maybe, I'm not understanding how the gold tokens are awarded, but in reading your conditions to calculate them, you say the error lasted 7 hrs so the max a player would lose is 7 hours of gold tokens. Hmm I'm thinking that I had a 25 hr breed that finished in that 7 hr window, so I should have gotten 25 x 14 just for that dragon. Then the other den finished a 21 hr dragon for another 21 x 14 tokens. So saying 200 is generous doesn't seem correct. But I may be wrong in when tokens are determined.

The above is written based on the 7 hrs not on the claim the time was longer. Unfortunately i did not notice when it first started.

200 gold tokens hahaha this must be a joke I lost like 10,000. Have replied to storm8?s email with my let?s say less than happy thanks for this measly make up gesture I hope they do the right thing and either just put the dragon there or come to some way of applying the actual amount lost or of course crediting the gold but I guess im dreaming....

This..... just give everyone the dragon and be thankful storm8 that you have such great players that are happy to still deal with the many many mistakes that are made such as the primal growth dragon instead of glitterstream as well this event. If you give the dragon you are doing the right thing anything less is really leaving players disappointed and disadvantaged one dragon isnt going to **** you when it was a storm8 issue, it blows my mind that its always sooo selfish and stingy when its clearly a mistake that affects so many accounts, oh wait I guess the money means more than happy players what s8 fail to realise is without happy players there will be no money mind blowing.....

We have a repair plan, we just didn't implement it on Friday so we could monitor the fix and deploy the repair when we have the full support of our team on Monday. The craft is available for the remainder of the month, so this timeline was the best course of action.

Please keep in mind that this was not a bug anyone could catch by 'just checking the game'. It was an unforseen conflict. We appreciate our team members who helped us dig through endless lines of data to help us identify the conflict!

Thank you for your patience and understanding of the dynamic environment of supporting live games as a service.

If you're concerned about any Gold spends after the resolution goes out, you may contact support for assistance.
    I'm sorry Elsa, but your team quietly switched on the Gold Token awarding for breeding some time between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, Mar 7 PST. We know this because we kept testing the game.

So they were obviously aware of the issue and fixed it way before Monday.

Please hear me out. I'm not trying to be nasty or insulting.

I don't envy your position because you are in the front line facing fire from customers, passing on what the development team tells you, right or wrong. But, are you part of the development/programming team? If not, can you verify what they tell you? Because, this isn't the first time when the information coming to us does not tally with what we know.

I’m still waiting for my missing tokens. I’ve written to support with the number of tokens painstakingly calculated for them but the ticket is still opened and not resolved

Please see your goal books for the goal named "A Token of Gratitude", available for 3 days.

If you have any questions about Gold spends, please contact support for assistance.
    I never got/saw it.
    When did the 3 days end? It's Thursday 10pm....
    THANK YOU moderators & forum participants for the invaluable help!
    The trouble with trouble is, it starts out as fun
    FF ID: AaAPocos
    DS ID: CB's DraGoons
    CS ID: CB's Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I’m still waiting for my missing tokens. I’ve written to support with the number of tokens painstakingly calculated for them but the ticket is still opened and not resolved
    It has finally been resolved! I have been awarded the missing tokens

Thank you S8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12