Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gold tokens have stopped dropping?

There is so much that can be said about how this matter was handled, but I can see how useless it is to do so. It all boils down to ethics.

Ethics can be simply defined as doing the right thing even when everyone around you is doing otherwise.

In my many years of gaming experience, all, except one, of the gaming companies I have been a customer of, were forthcoming and munificent. When a bug/error occurs, they never blame their customers, were quick to respond to queries/complaints, quick to fix the issues, readily admitted their faults, and were openhandedly generous with restitution.

Still, the (generic) apology and 200 Gold Tokens are improvements over the situation from three years ago when they remained completely silent after giving players a wrong breeding combination, despite the fact that hundreds, probably more, of players spent money in speed breeding. The method of resolution then? They quietly changed the popup for the breeding combination, just like they quietly switched on the Gold Token awarding between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, Mar 7 PST. Anybody care to wager on how many players out there actually noticed the one day of missing Gold Tokens?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    There is so much that can be said about how this matter was handled, but I can see how useless it is to do so. It all boils down to ethics.

Ethics can be simply defined as doing the right thing even when everyone around you is doing otherwise.

In my many years of gaming experience, all, except one, of the gaming companies I have been a customer of, were forthcoming and munificent. When a bug/error occurs, they never blame their customers, were quick to respond to queries/complaints, quick to fix the issues, readily admitted their faults, and were openhandedly generous with restitution.

Still, the (generic) apology and 200 Gold Tokens are improvements over the situation from three years ago when they remained completely silent after giving players a wrong breeding combination, despite the fact that hundreds, probably more, of players spent money in speed breeding. The method of resolution then? They quietly changed the popup for the breeding combination, just like they quietly switched on the Gold Token awarding between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, Mar 7 PST. Anybody care to wager on how many players out there actually noticed the one day of missing Gold Tokens?
    I wager the penny, or the token rather, hasn’t dropped for a lot of players who don’t regularly check their storage for the material they need to craft this dragon. Jmo.

Executive Chef
    Did we get 200 gold tokens? I saw something that said 200 followed by a star that looks like the experience points star, so I thought they also gave us XP in addition to tokens. I thought I got 1000 tokens, but I could be wrong. It all happened so fast that I only checked my tokens on one account. I don't know. Why can't someone from S8 come on here and answer our darn questions?!?!?!??!

Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    <Snip...> Why can't someone from S8 come on here and answer our darn questions?!?!?!??!
    That’s what I’d like to know too. The community managers have been in and out of Storm8’s Forums to answer questions in the other games but not in DS.

Do we take this as the “Writing On the Wall?”

Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Did we get 200 gold tokens? <...snip>
    We had to tap one of the goals in the Goal Book to receive the 200 tokens.

But the 200 tokens don’t even come anywhere close to the 21,000 I am owed. I have already written to support but am still waiting for a resolution

Thank you S8 for awarding me my missing tokens

For those of you who submitted support tickets for your missing tokens, go checkout your Spell Shop

I can start crafting my Strongshine Dragon! Well, maybe after the last chapter of tales

Nightclub Owner
    I think they extended the deadline for Strongshine by a week - the goal now says 21 days (as opposed to 14 since it was set to expire on 03/31/2020)
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234