Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elven outpost mechanics

Elven outpost mechanics

Does anybody know the game mechanics behind the elven outpost? So far I can only conclude:

Its a gem trap. Replacing a bad request for 5 gems most of the time gets you a bad request in return. I think it is much cheaper in the end buying a Alicorn straight away instead plunging your gems in a black hole.
    The amount of certain requests are straight forward insane. Requesting 50 red petals, 55 sap and so on doesn't make any sense to me
    Gold runes are a kind of a myth. Dont got one yet. Looks completely random to me, so it doesn?t matter how though the deliveries are. If a delivery is very demanding the chance you are getting 8 bronze runes is very big.

So how can I handle the elven outpost the best I can, cause atm this is really getting on my nerves. How do you handle this in the best manner without wanting to delete the game out of frustration?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CelineDragoness View Post
    Does anybody know the game mechanics behind the elven outpost? So far I can only conclude:

Its a gem trap. Replacing a bad request for 5 gems most of the time gets you a bad request in return. I think it is much cheaper in the end buying a Alicorn straight away instead plunging your gems in a black hole.
    The amount of certain requests are straight forward insane. Requesting 50 red petals, 55 sap and so on doesn't make any sense to me
    Gold runes are a kind of a myth. Dont got one yet. Looks completely random to me, so it doesn?t matter how though the deliveries are. If a delivery is very demanding the chance you are getting 8 bronze runes is very big.

So how can I handle the elven outpost the best I can, cause atm this is really getting on my nerves. How do you handle this in the best manner without wanting to delete the game out of frustration?
    either ignore it completely or just do trades you are comfortable doing. Most of the times I get the best returns doing the easiest trades. And I usually don't trade at the most 20 of an item, and those would be the items I can easily restock. I look for trades that call for the least amounts.

Fashion Designer
    Right. It just needs to be updated, as it's basically the same as it was when intro'ed. Hopefully it will be improved (eg, simple addition that would help is to be able to exchange bronze runes for gold ones).

Rhino Keeper
    I never spend gems to reload the request. Just skip if i dont like it and wait for the next. And gold runes are real, i already have three rainbow alicorns, so it means i have got at least 30 golden runes so far.

Thx all for the replies. Best thing is indeed ignore it unless you can run an easy trade with less than 20 items. I hope that one day it will be fixed. Exchanging bronze for gold will be a great addition. Lets see if I can acquire some gold runs with a more easy going approach :-)

Executive Chef
    its always funny to laugh at those elves when they request 36 gold nuggets. now sometimes they will ask for 36 gold eggs. then sure
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by CelineDragoness View Post
    Thx all for the replies. Best thing is indeed ignore it unless you can run an easy trade with less than 20 items. I hope that one day it will be fixed. Exchanging bronze for gold will be a great addition. Lets see if I can acquire some gold runs with a more easy going approach :-)
    I use it to get rid of things I'm maxed out on that I can easily stock up on and generally have no use for, like say fuzzy moss or dragon scales or blocks or stones or some such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I use it to get rid of things I'm maxed out on that I can easily stock up on and generally have no use for, like say fuzzy moss or dragon scales or blocks or stones or some such thing.
    This. I only do trades when they are asking for something I want to get rid of. I never trade gold items at all. The elves are very crafty and tricky. Sometimes they ask for gold nuggets or gold eggs, and then you don't get any gold in return. Why would I trade with individuals like that?

Fashion Designer
    Well here we are 2 1/2 yrs later and trades seem to be the same stuff. Some amounts are ridiculous while others seem quite easy. Today they asked for 68 pink shells, I only have 48. To complete that trade in being asked for over 800 gems. Hard NO! on that, will just wait for the next. Gold runes are very much real. I have 1 mystic kiln at 30 gold runes and this week I just got my 18 th rainbow alicorn. It just takes a little patience. After all this time I still get a little surprised when gold runes come along. Sometimes it feels like months since I've had any, then on a simple trade I get up to 3 goldies.

Just hang in there. (though it would be great if the elves would ask for some of those leftover event materials, wonder if any one's listening?

I so wanna purge excess goal materials & other goal items that can't be sold from my inventory. I'm betting almost half my storage is that garbage.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast