Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bingo rollbacks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Re:Bingo -- Unfortunately, there isn't a known work-around for you to resolve this on your end and no action is needed on your part after you've submitted your request. Their next step is to evaluate reported player logs and see if a pattern emerges. Our team has put a lot of time into this and multiple resolutions have been attempted while we try to identify the root problem. Your report is appreciated and really helps with the investigation.
    S8 may be having difficulty in fixing the root cause but when you receive a report of a player with a stuck bingo, S8 should at least be able to remove the loop and let the player finish the bingo week. From the posts here it doesn't seem like S8 has been doing that. While it may not be easy to do, just about everything in programming can be fixed.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by squigglish View Post
    Vanellope, that is not bad advice except for one minor detail. The problem with contacting support for an issue that a player has during any event is that support says please allow up to 5 to 7 business days for support to respond to your ticket. While it is true that sometimes they respond sooner, time is of the essence to players involved in an event.
    Oh yes, I forgot this classic from support when they do respond. It seems that most often the response is that the game has been checked and no issues were detected. Everything is working as intended. That effectively puts the ball back in this court. Actually, playing this game often makes me feel like a hamster on a wheel.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    S8 may be having difficulty in fixing the root cause but when you receive a report of a player with a stuck bingo, S8 should at least be able to remove the loop and let the player finish the bingo week. From the posts here it doesn't seem like S8 has been doing that. While it may not be easy to do, just about everything in programming can be fixed.
    I wish this sentiment were true. We sadly didn't receive any letters to the infamous wizarding school that teaches this sort of magic.

As I mentioned, our team has put a lot of time in this and continues to do so. Support's role in this is to continue collecting information and with perseverance perhaps something new will come to light. There's currently no way to remove the loop.

The most helpful thing players can do is report it each time they encounter it with details of which tile is stuck and what exact in-game actions they completed before they encountered the loop. Unfortunately and understandably, this isn't something most players will want to commit to, so we'll continue to investigate this with the information we do receive. We appreciate every player who has helped share information so far.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    I wish this sentiment were true. We sadly didn't receive any letters to the infamous wizarding school that teaches this sort of magic.

As I mentioned, our team has put a lot of time in this and continues to do so. Support's role in this is to continue collecting information and with perseverance perhaps something new will come to light. There's currently no way to remove the loop.

The most helpful thing players can do is report it each time they encounter it with details of which tile is stuck and what exact in-game actions they completed before they encountered the loop. Unfortunately and understandably, this isn't something most players will want to commit to, so we'll continue to investigate this with the information we do receive. We appreciate every player who has helped share information so far.
    I have posted several times with details and sent emails to support about the 3 times rollbacks interfered with my bingo game...in 2017, 2018 and 2019. It now seems the problem is worse with bingo being permanently stuck until the next week.

What I referred to being fixed was removing that loop for that player, not your permanent fix. It would seem that if the next weeks bingo frees the player, you could adapt a portion of that logic to free the loop....a patch run for a single player.

I programmed for almost 30 years and while finding bugs are not easy, we always found ours, it was payroll and we had to. I guess not having the imperative of critical delivery makes it okay for your staff to have already taken almost 3 years to not fix bingo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12