Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New game ads

Executive Chef

New game ads

Just a quick comment to say that the ads for the new associated/sponsored games are extremely irritating! They pop up several times every single time I open my game, and to think I?m going to have to keep clicking a hundred times a day for A YEAR to shut them down is aggravating beyond belief.

Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I'm just going to clear the goal to clear the ad. Hasn't taken very long at all (maybe under an hour) to get to level 30. you get unlimited energy/time to get you through for a while which was helpful.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    Just a quick comment to say that the ads for the new associated/sponsored games are extremely irritating! They pop up several times every single time I open my game, and to think I?m going to have to keep clicking a hundred times a day for A YEAR to shut them down is aggravating beyond belief.

hear, hear. I don't want to spend any time, or space on my device, to get rid of them. Maybe things have changed, but it seems when I first started playing, if I cleared one sponsored game, another took its place. So why bother? Other than, I will comment I quit playing Dragon Story because the ads got so intrusive. If this game does the same, I guess I will not play S8 games at all.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Just FYI, I cleared the goal for this maybe 10 days ago and I haven't had a new pop-up take it's place. Also, never got the gems for completing this, so maybe that's why I haven't got a new ad yet.

Banned
    Its gotten to the point that I make it a point to not play those games since they are such a distraction. So for me S8 you are not helping your cause. Please allow us to opt out of these things.. very tiring have to click to get rid of a popup I HAVE NO INTEREST IN!!!!!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by podunkiana View Post
    Its gotten to the point that I make it a point to not play those games since they are such a distraction. So for me S8 you are not helping your cause. Please allow us to opt out of these things.. very tiring have to click to get rid of a popup I HAVE NO INTEREST IN!!!!!
    Yes. Please.

Executive Chef
    I might be willing to pay a small monthly fee (like I do on Hulu) to stop the ads. I watch the videos, etc. but only when I have time. When logging in just to collect something, it's awful that I am forced to spend more time clicking through pop ups than actually playing the game. Between this, and the increasing amount of "intermittent reinforcement" treatment during events, I am becoming disenchanted with S8 games. A decade ago, I played 6 or so. Now I am down to Castle Story only.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    I also want to add that the past few days the daily videos (for energy, gems, or supplies) have included a very salacious ad for an 18+ slots game. I find this very disturbing. Children/minors play Castle Story. I don?t know if S8 has any control over these particular ads, but maybe they could check into it?
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    I also want to add that the past few days the daily videos (for energy, gems, or supplies) have included a very salacious ad for an 18+ slots game. I find this very disturbing. Children/minors play Castle Story. I don?t know if S8 has any control over these particular ads, but maybe they could check into it?
    Yes! I am chiming in to say I received that same ad many times. Sometimes it repeated for every ad offered. It was downright vulgar! If I was in public, I would hide my iPad, so no one else could see it and think I was watching XXX. I have not seen that ad for about three weeks, which gave me hope that it would not rear it's ugly head again. Sounds like that may be just wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by podunkiana View Post
    Do not give in and play the game to be rid of the ads. They never give you the gems anyway. It's a total scam.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast