Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New game ads

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    . *snip* I am becoming disenchanted with S8 games. A decade ago, I played 6 or so. Now I am down to Castle Story only.
    Me too. I quit playing every other game and now play only Castle Story because of pop up ads. Thankfully I managed to rid myself of all the pop up ads without playing the games. I have no idea what I did but my game remains pop up ad free for now. I still have games in my goal list to download but they can remain there forever for all I care. But I hate the pop ups!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntGma View Post
    Yes! I am chiming in to say I received that same ad many times. Sometimes it repeated for every ad offered. It was downright vulgar! If I was in public, I would hide my iPad, so no one else could see it and think I was watching XXX. I have not seen that ad for about three weeks, which gave me hope that it would not rear it's ugly head again. Sounds like that may be just wishful thinking.
    it?s back
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Please take a screen shot of the ad and log a ticket with Support - unfortunately, they are the only ones who can help with these ads. They need to know details about who the game belongs to, so the end splash screen is generally helpful. I can raise it with the team if someone can send me more details in a PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Please take a screen shot of the ad and log a ticket with Support - unfortunately, they are the only ones who can help with these ads. They need to know details about who the game belongs to, so the end splash screen is generally helpful. I can raise it with the team if someone can send me more details in a PM.
    I have seen these adverts too and yes they play over and over and over. I would post the details and log a Support Ticket but alas none of my videos are playing this week.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    thanks! I?ll see if it shows up today.
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

I see people talk about these video ads for gems etc all the time, yet I've never seen the option in my game. Is it because of where I live that I dont get them? Takes forever to get gems when you're relying on just gameplay.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by allisonoconnell View Post
    I see people talk about these video ads for gems etc all the time, yet I've never seen the option in my game. Is it because of where I live that I dont get them? Takes forever to get gems when you're relying on just gameplay.
    As far as I'm aware it's not a regional issue but a random offer that can show up or leave at any time for players. Though, I do think that it might be an iOS only offer?

Executive Chef
    I think it is iOs not Android, and maybe USA only. (I read that the USA spends a disproportionate amount of $ in-game compared to other countries) I too am still getting the vulgar/salacious ad daily; I force quit when it happens. Its waaay too sexual! And SW, its not a single splash screen, it's a series of sexualized images throughout the ad. I also refuse to watch standard TV type ads (for Wal-Mart, etc.). I want to see potential Games only in my games! And not XXX rated ones at that!
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I think it is iOs not Android, and maybe USA only. (I read that the USA spends a disproportionate amount of $ in-game compared to other countries) I too am still getting the vulgar/salacious ad daily; I force quit when it happens. Its waaay too sexual! And SW, its not a single splash screen, it's a series of sexualized images throughout the ad. I also refuse to watch standard TV type ads (for Wal-Mart, etc.). I want to see potential Games only in my games! And not XXX rated ones at that!
    I have also seen that ad pop up and it IS very vulgar and sexual! I couldn?t believe it showed up! It hasn?t showed up recently and I hope it stays that way!

Quote Originally Posted by wintersno View Post
    I have also seen that ad pop up and it IS very vulgar and sexual! I couldn?t believe it showed up! It hasn?t showed up recently and I hope it stays that way!
    You should take a screenshot next time you see it and send it to support, they can probably help you more.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast