Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragons That Can't Be Traded For Essence

Fashion Designer
    A few months ago, I finally sold all the duplicate dragons that could not be traded. I kept them at level 4 for a while hoping it would change. From what I gathered at the time, Storm8 originally made them non-tradable for a reason and just never bothered to change it. I think it is a throwback from when they were traded for gems and I can't recall now the reason I thought they made them untradable but yeah....my theory is they were purposely non-tradable and when the switch was made from gems to essence, those particular dragons were never switched as well.

Rhino Keeper
    Found another one..

Buttercup

Edit: Also Birthday, Neo Glasswing, Ancient Star
    Last edited by Athabasca55; 03-02-20 at 04:54 PM.

Fashion Designer
    None of the Neo Colors can be traded (Neo Pink, Neo White - from the ticket temple)
    Palmate couldn't, either

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    None of the Neo Colors can be traded (Neo Pink, Neo White - from the ticket temple)
    Palmate couldn't, either
    Ok, that explains why Neo Rose can't be traded. I hatched my new one forgetting that I already had one. I don't mind having 2 that I can keep at different levels, like baby and epic, but space *is* at a premium, so it's a pain to have duplicates sometimes.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Ok, that explains why Neo Rose can't be traded. I hatched my new one forgetting that I already had one. I don't mind having 2 that I can keep at different levels, like baby and epic, but space *is* at a premium, so it's a pain to have duplicates sometimes.
    I'm tracking these, but if there's a specific Dragon that everyone is getting a lot of duplicates of that would help us prioritize the list to review since it's a large project to navigate.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    I'm tracking these, but if there's a specific Dragon that everyone is getting a lot of duplicates of that would help us prioritize the list to review since it's a large project to navigate.
    I can only speak for myself, but I have duplicates in storage since I've been playing since nearly Day 1 of the game. When expired dragons are offered as prizes, I accumulate them and use them to trade for Essence. I don't keep more than one of each dragon either on my island or in Storage.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Since most of these are unbreedables, crafted or otherwise one-offs, I don’t quite see how duplicates factor in. I could imagine an untradeable common like Buttercup. But that’s the only one I have found so far.

So, respectfully, it’s a bit of a red herring, expecting a specific set of duplicates from us?

Executive Chef
    This is probably not an exhaustive list, but these are what I found in my Codex that I can't trade for essence: Lovestruck, Jupiter, Deep Space, Hypernova, Neo Fire, Neo Forest, Neo Black Pearl, Stormie, Birthday, Neo Rose, Bright Daisy, Hyacinth, Neo Pansy, Peony, Polaris, Neo Pixie, Laceleaf, Sweet Pea, Neo Moon, Neo Meteor, Neo Air, Neo Magic, Foxglove, Marigold. So it seems to be Neo dragons, a bunch of the flower dragons, and some cosmic dragons.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    Birthday dragons can?t be traded for essence

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12