Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Center of Love 2020 February 06 (15 Days)

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    First impressions based on the previewed content:

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    • I hate to be a downer about this, but... none of this seems to go together? The flooring goes with the second appliance, the sofa maybe goes with the chairs, but the rest of it all seems very disjoint. Clearly, it's meant to be under the umbrella of Valentine's Day, what with all the hearts, but the content as a whole doesn't come together as one set.

I don't think that's necessarily bad, if the items from this goal can supplement others that were on the market before. However, for all their versatility, I also think items in any goal should be able to stand as a complete set, and I don't see that here.

• The goal prizes seem paltry for Valentine's Day. I really like the giant chocolate box in the Ode to Love display, but a sofa and dance floor seem rather generic and not Valentine's-centric at all - case in point, we had a sofa for a goal prize in just the last goal set. Again, not necessarily a bad thing in regards to versatility but: is it really worth working towards as a goal prize (specifically, a goal themed around Valentine's Day) if it's so generic?

These are the only floor decorations we're getting in the game anymore, and this is the highest degree of creativity to which the devs can come up to, for Valentine's Day?

I feel like the theme could have been explored with a variety of other floor decorations - a customer presenting their significant other with a bouquet of flowers; a couple walking hand-in-hand with smiles on their faces; even two people sitting on the very sofa that shipped with this goal, or a singleton clutching the pillow - but that was explored neither here nor with the also-Valentine's-themed monthly box, and it's disappointing.

• This comes from my cynicism of 5-day goals, but: there are at least two recipes here (the Ras-Heart Tart and the Rasbrownie) that could've made wonderful additions to the Chocolate Raspberry appliance had they debuted in a 5-day goal with that as an appliance. Seeing as how these two recipes are now present, but not on that appliance, I've lost hope for the Chocolate Raspberry altogether and am resigning myself to see something completely unrelated on it when it inevitably comes into the 5-day goal fold, like Chili Popcorn. I wish I could be less sarcastic about this.

Sigh...
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

New Resident
    Always Thank you ^^* so lovely items ~

Rhino Keeper
    The second recipe is so flat, i don't really like it

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzie65 View Post
    The second recipe is so flat, i don't really like it
    I totally agree with you.

Farm Supplier
    Flat trays again. Disappointing. Hopefully the glitterheart bites will be more fleshed out, otherwise it'll be a waste of that beautiful pink/gold color combo.

I look forward to Valentine's goals all year as that I have a pink bakery. The couch is cute but the other two prizes are so lackluster

Fashion Designer
    2nd and 3rd recipes together seemed even more...bleak? IDK the word but it's not awesome imo.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200208_070451.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	54575
    Jared,19

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Daengel View Post
    2nd and 3rd recipes together seemed even more...bleak? IDK the word but it's not awesome imo.

I really think they would be lovely on a high round plate...

please stop the plain flat tray, even RS has more lovely recipes than BS, i'm sad

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Daengel View Post

That's pretty bad, bleak is the right word. They could consider something as simple as just stacking these, or putting them at a slant (like a bonfire setup). Visually will be much more interesting than this. This is boring. Hell if the multi-tier desserts are too hard, they can literally draw flat displays, but one on top of another (such as the serving trays like this: https://www.westelm.com/products/mar...e-stand-e1737/). S8, please hear your players' feedback, tray presentations are basically universally disliked

Nightclub Owner
    So far, my opinion of this goal is sad. That's all... Just sad.

Yet another round of new recipes that I will never touch again after mastering. It always feels a bit like I've been duped because they look so great in the CookBook yet the counter presentation is almost always a disappointment. Of course, it goes way beyond the recipes; the deco has been on the decline for a while now. Decos so far out of scale as to be comical, prizes that feel entirely copy and pasted, sets that make no sense together, items that aren't quite centered, items copied from other games that make no sense in a bakery, etc.

I think Pixie summed up my general feeling in her earlier post:
    These are the only floor decorations we're getting in the game anymore, and this is the highest degree of creativity to which the devs can come up to?
    Oh, how I long for the days when each and every update was a celebration of baking!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast