Thread: GOAL: Time to Shine 2020 January 23 (15 Days)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nightclub Owner
    Finally got all the infographics up and in editing the images, I had plenty of time to study the new items and form a solid opinion which I was lacking until now.

I can't lie... I was hoping for something Valentine related - but that's just a matter of personal taste and timing, really. This time of year I can't help but have V-day on the brain as I see the pink and red decos everywhere I go. Perhaps this theme is actually a good thing and will offer those who do not participate in the holiday something to enjoy?

Anyway, after I got over my disappointment, I made myself judge the items on their own (without holding them against what I'd hoped for) and found that I like it. True, I don't think I'll ever display the items together, or likely even as intended, but I definitely have future plans for most items; such as the Tables, Chairs, Counters and Tiles. I sometimes do an upscale/fancy theme with only black and silver/gold items and these will fit in perfectly with that. And it's nice that I can easily pair the new stuff with lots of other items in my inventory, this is something I always consider when a new goal is released. The fact that the items aren't holiday related is a point in their favor actually since it means there's more opportunities to display them rather than only using them once a year.

Overall, I give it a thumbs up: lovely artwork, clever recipes and while it's not a theme I, personally, enjoy; neither is it something we've seen a dozen times over which is always to be commended in these games, I think. Kudos on thinking outside of the box, s8!