Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/23: The Slumbering Princess | event information on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by ClassySnakeS8 View Post
    <Snip...>

With that said, we did adjust the Soft Fabric drop yesterday so that it will be slightly more common. The drop rate was not a bug but we decided to update it due to the feedback. We're a small crew and we do everything we can to make sure the event goes smoothly for everyone.
    Thank you for all you?re doing. I really appreciate the effort you guys put in making this a wonderful game.

But my last four collections from both hatcheries have still not given me any soft fabrics. Hopefully, I?ll get lucky on my fifth try.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by newyear5780 View Post
    I think the explanation lies in this: the people who regularly get the super adventure prizes are the ones who regularly commit massive resources to do so. Good for them! If somebody KEEPS GOING on adventures, they WILL get one eventually. Even if it takes 20 times. Or more, or less, I don't know. I never got one of those prizes either. : )

Hey, what was the longest someone went to get a prize? I am curious now. : )
    That's pretty much what I was thinking as well.

For me, every time we have a prize that is a random drop (from chopped chests/adventure/whatever) I always look at the item and ask myself, "If this item were in the market, how many gems would I be willing to spend on it and how many of the item would I likely purchase?" I use this as a baseline on how many gems I actually feel comfortable using to try and win the prize.

When my spending allowance is decided, I chop the event plant and slay the event monster until I have enough materials to send out a dozen adventures before I finally start with the actual adventure. Once started, I often speed adventures up when it gets to point where it costs 1 or 2 gems - mostly so my playing fits into my schedule without needing to rearrange real life too much but at times it's to fit in extra adventures. I'll then keep sending out adventures (and speeding up as needed) until I run out of materials. At this point, I reevaluate where I'm at to see if I want to start the cycle over to keep adventuring or if I'm happy with my results.

As for how many adventures.... I know for the Thankful Turkey adventure, I sent around 60 adventures and it was only on the final day of the event that I got the prize. Before that, the notable adventure for me was when I went crazy and likely sent out at least a hundred adventures for my Baron Puppets. Did I spend gems? Yes, I did. Do I regret it? Not at all; even with spending gems, it was less than if I purchased the puppets outright. I love their artwork and their drops have helped me amass a lovely rotten cabbage collection for the tent

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Event prizes often don't begin the stated drops until after the event is over. IDK why this is, but I've noticed it.

Princess is 2x2? Ugh.
    Ah, that might explain it, why I didn't receive anything three times in a row. Weird thing is that the other chars immediately drop the right things upon acquiring them. Maybe S8 can say something about this?

60-100 adventure runs to get that special drop ��. Wow it really is an urban myth for the majority of the players. Thank you for sharing this. Really glad to know this. Next similar event I don’t need to bother that much for adventures. Like most players I don’t have resources for such a vast amount of runs.

Rhino Keeper
    DeadPixel and ASweets - thanks for that, really helpful! AND interesting! I usually play closer to DP's strategy. REALLY keeps perspective about the chances, incredibly helpful! I would love to splurge out on an event w a fab adventure prize and go for the proverbial broke. Now I know it can take up to 60. WHOA. : )

ClassySnake, thanks again for the responsiveness. There has been noticeably more from the S8 team, VERY appreciated.

: )
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by CelineDragoness View Post
    60-100 adventure runs to get that special drop ��. Wow it really is an urban myth for the majority of the players. Thank you for sharing this. Really glad to know this. Next similar event I don’t need to bother that much for adventures. Like most players I don’t have resources for such a vast amount of runs.
    The hundred adventures for the Baron Puppet was to get a herd of them, sorry if I made it sound like it took that many to get one! That was only for the Turkey that I struggled like that. On average, I send out between ten and thirty adventures I'd say.

Executive Chef
    Inventory card for Celeste. Apologies if already posted. And a pic of all items as a relative size comparison. Yes and as CelineDragoness has mentioned, 2h collection and 2x2 size. So far everything has been just coins and XP during collections but there was a rare simple feast from one of the Circadians.
    All with the exception of the bed, have fab sound effects when tapped on (not just during collections). Favourite is the drummer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74A271CA-62EF-4191-A2C1-45C455003995.jpeg 
Views:	123 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	54519Click image for larger version. 

Name:	294E32B2-E4FE-43AE-9970-5FCDB725DAF3.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	54520Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83C367EE-7B1B-46FF-95AD-9DB88A32F0A0.jpeg 
Views:	171 
Size:	263.3 KB 
ID:	54521

Just got a black flag for spellbound dew from Celeste.
    And I just noticed she now snores when tapped on!
    Last edited by zoroak; 01-29-20 at 01:48 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CelineDragoness View Post
    2x2 and her collection time is 2 hours. Artwork is great!
    First and second harvest from the princess: nothing besides an experience point. Is this a bug or a joke? Very disappointed about this. If she doesn't drop dew then at least let her drop something else. Using energy and literally get nothing in return doesn?t feel right by me. Hopefully this is a bug.
    Omg 2x2 ... this is what I was fearing!
    2x2 is massive!
    I have no idea where to put her now.

Rhino Keeper
    I 'tried' for the rare adventure prize one time. The only prize I have ever won from adventures was the fairy. And I won her on my 3rd adventure. Now I chop what has to be chopped and if I earn enough items through normal game play, I will send out an adventure. I don't bother with spending gems or burning through energy to make an adventure happen. Through the course of the event I usually gather enough items to make about 6-10 adventures. But that is my choice and how I have decided to handle these events. To each his own. I don't have time to be stressed over a game. If I win it, yay; if I don't, eh oh well.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by newyear5780 View Post
    ClassySnake, thanks again for the responsiveness. There has been noticeably more from the S8 team, VERY appreciated.

: )
    YES to this! I've become very picky lately, about which events I participate in. It's busy season at my job right now and I don't have the time (nor frankly the mental bandwidth to remember) to log in regularly for event tasks. Also, the only prizes I would still go for without question are energy droppers. Yes, trade tickets and expansion permits are always welcome, but I do already have a steady supply of those and I'm in no rush regarding expansions, so right now they aren't enough of an incentive for me (this will very probably change once things calm down at work).

All this to say that a very much appreciate knowing in advance what each event prize drops - thanks for that, S8 Team! For this event I've decided to only do the faerie chests, since I'm usually maxed on spellbound dew. It's great to be able to pick and choose - and to know I won't regret not doing the other parts afterwards.