Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunar New Year Event - 2020 Jan 22

Rhino Keeper
    I lost over 100 gems when a pop up for the magic oranges popped up when I was tapping my buildings. I quit these challenges. I told S8 to return thegems and take back the stupid oranges. I'm sick and tired of losing gems do to their unpredictable pop ups. One or two ...I'll let it go but over 100 and then getting my request ignore... I QUIT PLAY THESE STUPID CHAllenges because takes up too much room and S8 ignored our earlier request for a sign that asked "are you sure you want to use the gems"? So boring repeat repeat nothing new.

Executive Chef
    To buy, or not to buy? That is the question...

I am seriously thinking of buying another Foo Dog, not because I want the additional items (which would be helpful), but because when the event is over, I would then hopefully have two guardian Foo Dogs that I can place near the entrance to my Asia section of my farm. BUT...I also want to get a Food Kiosk and add the rabbit sitting there to my "tribunal." Unfortunately, I cannot afford to buy both of them, and I really cannot afford to spend gems, not when I am striving diligently to FINALLY afford a Show Pony (except I somehow keeps spending a few gems here, a few gems there, and make very little forward progress).

What to do, what to do...?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post

I am seriously thinking of buying another Foo Dog, not because I want the additional items, but because when the event is over, I would then hopefully have two guardian Foo Dogs that I can place near the entrance to my Asia section of my farm.
    What to do..?
    BUY You will not regret it!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ankavale1000 View Post
    BUY You will not regret it!
    Lol.

Maybe I will wait a couple of days in hopes that the price drops a bit.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post

I am seriously thinking of buying another Foo Dog, not because I want the additional items (which would be helpful), but because when the event is over, I would then hopefully have two guardian Foo Dogs that I can place near the entrance to my Asia section of my farm. BUT...I also want to get a Food Kiosk and add the rabbit sitting there to my "tribunal." Unfortunately, I cannot afford to buy both of them, and I really cannot afford to spend gems, not when I am striving diligently to FINALLY afford a Show Pony (except I somehow keeps spending a few gems here, a few gems there, and make very little forward progress).

What to do, what to do...?
    Purchase gems and buy the show pony. Rynetory2 gave me the best advice I've had in this game, which was that investing in the shown ponies was the best thing she'd ever decided to do. The return on your investment with 15 gems a week is significant and allows so much freedom for boosts later. For the price of lunch you can buy enough gems to buy a show pony.

I saw the post about hoping to have the dog prance around after the event. Mine does not walk around anywhere. It bounces in one spot only when fed a rocket. I would assume it will do nothing after the event because it will not receive rockets. Hopefully for those buying the dog don?t find this to be the case. For the last event the ballet cow and girl stopped dancing after the event but later Storm team re animated them in response to feedback, I assume.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MiriellaBella View Post
    I saw the post about hoping to have the dog prance around after the event. Mine does not walk around anywhere. It bounces in one spot only when fed a rocket. I would assume it will do nothing after the event because it will not receive rockets. Hopefully for those buying the dog don?t find this to be the case. For the last event the ballet cow and girl stopped dancing after the event but later Storm team re animated them in response to feedback, I assume.
    Some of the boost items, after the events ended, became still statues/decorations. Others remained animated. Some of the ones that stopped moving were reanimated after an appeal to S8. Others appear to be completely motionless until we tap on them. Perhaps we will be fortunate and they will remain animated without needing to tap on them. On the other hand, tapping on them to animate them is not a bad option either.

Fashion Designer
    curious... periodically during this event i am seeing a red 'thread' ? or 'tassel'? in the newspaper. What is that & where does it come from? I dont see it listed in the event items.

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi111 View Post
    curious... periodically during this event i am seeing a red 'thread' ? or 'tassel'? in the newspaper. What is that & where does it come from? I dont see it listed in the event items.
    Prosperous Coins from the mine

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    Goal 9 of 9: Lunar New Year
    Give 7 New Year Dragons
    Give 7 New Year Trees
    Give 7 New Year Lanterns
    REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points, RAT PET PRIZE
    Bonjour,
    When I have completed this morning, I need a Rodent Grotto or a Wildlife Den for the New Year Rat.
    But ... my habitats are full. A new Rodent Grotto will be useful for the New Year Rat and the Teapot Mouse of the previous event.
    Merci.
    Last edited by Moissonor; 01-26-20 at 02:41 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast