Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunar New Year Event - 2020 Jan 22

Farm Supplier
    I collected eggs for aT least 5 times now, but I did not get 1 mooncake. I give up!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanja49 View Post
    I collected eggs for aT least 5 times now, but I did not get 1 mooncake. I give up!
    Also gave up on the event very early on. Wasn?t getting anything from the chickens. Reading the overall collection requirements, it didn?t seem feasible. Besides, my barn is always full.

I wish instead of having an event so frequently, S8 would take time to plan out a new and interesting event. It?s either events centred around making insane collections, or the usual collect from deliveries, mines, fishing pond, pigs, etc.

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Note to players Giving Up
    Don't keep playing.
    You are doing farming things.
    Gathering eggs, Passion Fruit Vines, etc
    Make each item as you get enough for it.
    But if you can get to Goal 4 THE REWARD IS A 100 GEM FOO DOG
    He is animated.
    Like just WOW
    A lot of days left and more and more items will appear in the paper as Farmers finish.
    Your barn will not overflow because you can even make them ahead.
    Only thing you won't know how many you have made because they are invisible!

Goal 4
    Red decorations are also used to celebrate the upcoming lunar new year! It's said that this colour will bring good luck and ward off any ill will!
    Get 1 Fortuitous Fan - random drop planes
    Get 1 Prosperous Coins - from mine
    Make 1 New Year Lantern in the Farmer's Outpost
    REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Foo Dog, 3 experience points

It?s pretty clear that the moon cakes are the limiting item. Looks like about 1-2 drops per hour. No way to collect enough to craft all the dragons for the event.
    I see the expensive bonus pack contains mostly moon cakes.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MiriellaBella View Post
    It?s pretty clear that the moon cakes are the limiting item. Looks like about 1-2 drops per hour. No way to collect enough to craft all the dragons for the event.
    Perhaps...on the other hand, the Prosperous Coins from the Mine are not that easy to come by, not after several events that relied heavily on the Mine and mining tools to succeed in.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MiriellaBella View Post
    Can I help you? I've just sold 10 mooncakes this morning and 20 more to go... I quit joining this event, I have concave mirrors too and so on... 😊

Rhino Keeper
    as usual the chickens are not giving me anything but eggs, just another event i’m not gonna be able to finish so i’m done.

Fashion Designer
    I'm getting a few moon cakes each collection, so slow yes, but it's chickens, not sheep; they reset every half hour, and their feed is quick. I'm finding lots of stuff in the newspaper, so that's really how I'm getting the items for crafting. The trick for this event and the ones like this is that you really do have to be a 24/7 player. If you're a casual player, this event isn't for you. You've gotta be on here constantly and maintaining all the time for this event to work for you, and even then it's going to be a huge challenge. The Foo dog gives several items when you feed it. Take a look at the rat. Is he that cute that you want him that much? If so, go for it. If not, skip it. There will be another event after this one. And after that one. And after that...

Goal 9 of 9: Lunar New Year
    Give 7 New Year Dragons
    Give 7 New Year Trees
    Give 7 New Year Lanterns
    REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points, RAT PET PRIZE
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

A good tip is to set 30 minute timers if you do not have work or anything. I am sick this weekend so it’s been effective since I can’t do much.
    Last edited by Paul__; 01-25-20 at 07:00 PM.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast