Page 92 of 218 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Doorbuster sales | Limited time offers | Sales information

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    If anyone gets any of the second sale items please post any drops you get.

The three baby beasts are dropping walls, towers, gates and paths. The funny thing is, so far when it is time to collect, if one drops a path, the others do as well (each one a different path), same for walls. It's not always like that but it seemed unusual to have it happen several times.
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 02-10-21 at 01:11 PM.

Host(ess)
    Has anyone purchased the Romantistorm? If so, what are the drops? Im hesitant to spend 500 gems if it is earth wisps and wisp lanterns. I usually get the black flag for both.

Rhino Keeper
    Valentine Kitsunicorn first drop: 2 energy + 500 coins.

Quote Originally Posted by breenaramos3 View Post
    Has anyone purchased the Romantistorm? If so, what are the drops? Im hesitant to spend 500 gems if it is earth wisps and wisp lanterns. I usually get the black flag for both.
    It is very likely the same as the regular (blue) Mantistorm. It has the same cooldown timer and description. These mantistorms aren't much better or worse than any other ticket droppers. It is only when you have placed a lot of these droppers and collect from them rigorously, that you start to notice the accumulation of tickets, with a rare expansion permit thrown in for good measure.

Any chance S8 can turn on the magic gem sale? I want more of those pink furry friends!

Fashion Designer
    Mantistorm is slightly better than a typical expansion supplies dropper, since it has the possible drops:
    1 of the following: 4 earth wisps, 2 wisp lanterns, 1 enchanted lanterns, 2 trade tickets, or 1 expansion permits
    Plus chance of manticore drops (such as manticore whiskers, mysterious poison, etc).

Mantistorm is comparable to royal lions, but note that royal lions were way cheaper when they were on sale, per my memory, like 150 gems or 125 gems.

I'm swimming in gems but I'm reluctant to get any of the pink animals this time. They're very pretty but they're way overpriced for their drops.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    Mantistorm is slightly better than a typical expansion supplies dropper, since it has the possible drops:
    1 of the following: 4 earth wisps, 2 wisp lanterns, 1 enchanted lanterns, 2 trade tickets, or 1 expansion permits
    Plus chance of manticore drops (such as manticore whiskers, mysterious poison, etc).

Mantistorm is comparable to royal lions, but note that royal lions were way cheaper when they were on sale, per my memory, like 150 gems or 125 gems.

I'm swimming in gems but I'm reluctant to get any of the pink animals this time. They're very pretty but they're way overpriced for their drops.
    Way overpriced. I agree. Especially when the expansion drops are not guaranteed drops.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Way overpriced. I agree. Especially when the expansion drops are not guaranteed drops.
    Agreed! I was saddened when the first sale items were released because I had them all (in multiples) so there wasn't anything I was remotely tempted to buy. I got really excited when I saw the new, gorgeous, Vday items only to quickly become irritated at the ridiculous pricing.

As a collector, I automatically want to purchase one of every new item in the game but this new trend of 500 gem releases was old the day it began. New items used to be 400 gems which was bad enough and ensured that I weighed each new purchase carefully; but now that they've raised the price I find myself even less motivated to make a purchase unless it's for something with spectacular drops.

Speaking of, why did they stop reducing the price of the new items anyway? It didn't last long, but I definitely recall several newly released items being listed at a reduced cost on their initial market stay and it was great. Does it not make more sense to cut the price and have people want to buy twice as many? I know I'd buy several of each new item if the price was actually reduced for sale.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and purchase these items next year when they're actually listed at a sales price.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I've gotten a couple of yellow lanterns from my one blue mantistorm that I bought last time it was on sale. By contrast, I bought two sirens and two royal lions, who I gather from more frequently, that have dropped one yellow alltogether. I don't know if the new one has the same drops, but I agree that 500 feels too high. I will probably buy the unicorn. I'm slowly building them.

I love that the sale has so many options. I just don't have a lot of coin to spend on all of the items I want. But I'm very appreciative of the opportunity to choose some new items for my kingdom.

Fashion Designer
    Earlier in the sale I went with several Deco droppers and some trees, instead of a single Sweetheart Unicorn- I wanted to stretch my Gem budget to make the biggest fun decorative impact on my realm 🥰❤️

The Sweetheart Unicorn was already offered for purchase in 2019 apparently, and is still up for the full 500 Gems. 🙃
    Maybe Valentine's Day's sales just offer special limited theme items for sale, with good deals on decoration but not those amazing half-off discounts for exclusive energy droppers and other awesome item drops we know and love? I feel like it can be a pricey holiday, but maybe i'm just reading too much into this "full price" trend. 😂❤️
    (Edit: Reading more into it .... It would make sense to me that some sales or holidays aren't "deeply discounted", just with "For sale" meaning "available for purchase (at regular price)" not "discounted"... if an item is never offered at its "full price" to me it just looks like an artificially inflated 'regular price' so the store can get away with tempting folks for "bigger deals" with deeper percentages off (because- gasp- It Works ! ❤️ I love it 😂❤️ ) But then NEVER offering those items at a discount on their suitable holiday seems weird too. Hopefully we will see the pink animals come back on discount, just don't know if i'd expect it ? unless they're answering our pleas (i.e. sales low, check forums, ah kay *offered at discount next sale* )? Not saying i'm a happy camper either about those price tags, as i'm not payin' it 😉 , just sharing some thursday morning thoughts.... )

Have fun! ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 02-11-21 at 01:54 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    Earlier in the sale I went with several Deco droppers and some trees, instead of a single Sweetheart Unicorn- I wanted to stretch my Gem budget to make the biggest fun decorative impact on my realm ��❤️ .....
    Great choice, deco droppers are the best! (and I think around 100 Gems is a very good price for them)
    I wish there were more deco droppers, and that some of the drops would include trees/ plants and flowers. (or other animals like Snowkid who drops the Winter Mink)
    The longer I play this game, the more I appreciate non-drops deco.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Great choice, deco droppers are the best! (and I think around 100 Gems is a very good price for them)
    I wish there were more deco droppers, and that some of the drops would include trees/ plants and flowers. (or other animals like Snowkid who drops the Winter Mink)
    The longer I play this game, the more I appreciate non-drops deco.
    Agreeeed. 🥰❤️