Page 21 of 218 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Doorbuster sales | Limited time offers | Sales information

Executive Chef
    Bobbyrae, I agree with you 100%, I think you hit the nail squarely on the head! Perry5, I agree with MOST of what you said. I disagree about the "condescending tone" comment. It is extremely difficult to always accurately convey the desired emotion/effect when dealing with multiple cultures, whether written format or in person. I like to assume people are coming from a positive place, unless it is made very clear the intent is otherwise. Speaking from the other side of the fence (code writing/support) it was difficult to always be patient when people did things to try our patience such as constantly asked questions about information already posted, while new bosses asked new things of us, during flu season when people weren't coming in, or came in but their work quality suffered. Every business has its problems, issues, and "oopsies". I DO like it when people post their point of view; how else would S8 know what we want, and what upsets us? There's enough snarkiness coming from the Forum users that if/when a potentially negative comment comes from the S8 side, it's understandable & forgivable. IMO anyway I know I am fairly vocal, I most likely push the envelope, but I don't try to be mean, and I like to think I do the same to others. I try to say what it is I don't like, without putting a value judgement on it? Does that make sense? It will be interesting to see how things change/evolve over the next few months, with new GrandBosses at S8 plus the other cultural things happening worldwide.......
    One thing I have already noticed, my fingerprint ID is not being recognized by my iPad from all the hand washing......lolol
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Thumbs up Well said Perry5~

Quote Originally Posted by perry5 View Post
    Elsa, S8 created this situation, your players (e.g. Customers) did not. You are not going to convince many of them to feel pity for additional workload you created for yourselves by a lack of due diligence on the front end. Should you really be admonishing them with a condescending tone? Surely you must expect a high level of frustration in reaction to this, especially, as many long-time players like myself will attest, this is hardly the first time S8 has made a mistake/decision like this "so as to protect the economies of the game". In a "real" world fighting a global pandemic, with our REAL global economy on the brink, I daresay S8 should consider how and where people will want to spend their diminishing resources in the future. In a time when most other companies are reaching out to their customer base with thoughts of support and assistance, THIS is a really BAD optic.
    Finally, Where is the transparency? Where is the notification splashed up on my CS screen as soon as I open up the game "We made a mistake, We are sorry. If you purchased Feanor and would like a refund, here's how." Your customers do not ALL use the Forum. You cannot make the assumption they do.
    Perry5, thank you for putting "my" thoughts and feelings into your statement above because it expresses exactly how I feel and what I have TRIED, but failed to say due to overwhelming frustration blurring my 'words' as this isn't our first letdown from S8

I am a long-time player and couldn't agree more, especially re: 'quarantine' becoming so prevalent...which will probably help online game companies, but I will be spending my money on other apps, not S8.
    THANK YOU moderators & forum participants for the invaluable help!
    The trouble with trouble is, it starts out as fun
    FF ID: AaAPocos
    DS ID: CB's DraGoons
    CS ID: CB's Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Bobbyrae, I agree with you 100%, I think you hit the nail squarely on the head! Perry5, I agree with MOST of what you said. I disagree about the "condescending tone" comment. It is extremely difficult to always accurately convey the desired emotion/effect when dealing with multiple cultures, whether written format or in person. I like to assume people are coming from a positive place, unless it is made very clear the intent is otherwise. Speaking from the other side of the fence (code writing/support) it was difficult to always be patient when people did things to try our patience such as constantly asked questions about information already posted, while new bosses asked new things of us, during flu season when people weren't coming in, or came in but their work quality suffered. Every business has its problems, issues, and "oopsies". I DO like it when people post their point of view; how else would S8 know what we want, and what upsets us? There's enough snarkiness coming from the Forum users that if/when a potentially negative comment comes from the S8 side, it's understandable & forgivable. IMO anyway I know I am fairly vocal, I most likely push the envelope, but I don't try to be mean, and I like to think I do the same to others. I try to say what it is I don't like, without putting a value judgement on it? Does that make sense? It will be interesting to see how things change/evolve over the next few months, with new GrandBosses at S8 plus the other cultural things happening worldwide.......
    One thing I have already noticed, my fingerprint ID is not being recognized by my iPad from all the hand washing......lolol
    I'm not sure Perry5 would have mentioned the "condescending tone" if it had only been used in one response, but I noticed it with newyear5780 and kikilieb before I even read Perry5's comment.
    THANK YOU moderators & forum participants for the invaluable help!
    The trouble with trouble is, it starts out as fun
    FF ID: AaAPocos
    DS ID: CB's DraGoons
    CS ID: CB's Kingdom

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Today a Gift With Purchase new item has been released:

Attachment 55027
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 03-17-20 at 06:57 PM.

Executive Chef
    yes whaat is an alpaca-corn?
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    yes whaat is an alpaca-corn?
    Prolly in the same vein as the other add a animal name-corn. Assumption is it drops daily/weekly energy. Continuing the line by S8 of we are sorry but we will not bring Love Shack back so we can shut them up by offering an array of -corns

Quote Originally Posted by podunkiana View Post
    Prolly in the same vein as the other add a animal name-corn. Assumption is it drops daily/weekly energy. Continuing the line by S8 of we are sorry but we will not bring Love Shack back so we can shut them up by offering an array of -corns
    I truly wish it was an energy dropper, but it is just a modified sheep with a 8h timer. Pretty useless if you ask me, but who knows if it drops energy after all (dont count on it :-). Will know in 8h and write it down as an Edit. What I really don?t like from these sales is that S8 doesnt mention the description or the drops. In this way it is just gambling if you get something good.

Edit: yep, 1 messily wol as a drop. Lol. Ah, well the good side is that it is a very cute animal. Def will stay on my board.
    Last edited by CelineDragoness; 03-18-20 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pocopicasso View Post
    I'm not sure Perry5 would have mentioned the "condescending tone" if it had only been used in one response, but I noticed it with newyear5780 and kikilieb before I even read Perry5's comment.

The Feanor fiasco really initiated a whole lot of warm feelings and opinions from a lot of customers. Customers who keeps this game alive for the ones who doesnt pay for it. I agree what has been written so far and yes maybe some of the writings (including me) could have been in a more polite fashion, but most of us are not masters of the pen. I have played a lot of games over the years and consider myself as a true veteran.what I noticed over the years is that even block buster apps lack good communication. It looks that communication from a cost perspective view is for most app companies a least concern. At the moment a company started to invest in communication the whole vibe changed in communities like this. I like to encourage S8 to communicate more on this forum, what do you guys like, what are you working on, what are the future plans for this game etc. I run a company myself and on a daily basis customers try to hit on you, so S8 employee’s welcome to the real world. Dont defend yourself, but look for the most creative solution the get your customer satisfied. I do the same for 7 days a week, day and night. In my opinion the solution S8 came up with is most prob the worst one. If the timer was put back from 4h to lets say 8 or a bit more the response of your customers would have been much milder. I am keeping my Feanor cause I love the artwork and I still want to support this game. Do I feel happy as a customer: no. Keep up the good work S8 and continuing to deliver us the game experience we love so much, but improve your communication.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by CelineDragoness View Post
    I truly wish it was an energy dropper, but it is just a modified sheep with a 8h timer. Pretty useless if you ask me, but who knows if it drops energy after all (dont count on it :-). Will know in 8h and write it down as an Edit. What I really don?t like from these sales is that S8 doesnt mention the description or the drops. In this way it is just gambling if you get something good.
    Ha! I suspected it would be like a regular alpaca lol. These gifts for gems purchase have traditionally been disappointments so I knew not to expect much. Thanks for taking one for the Team. ;^)

Nightclub Owner
    Alpaca-corn - (Card)
    Storable: Yes
    Info: A magical, one-horned alpaca. Drops Wool.
    Type: Decoration
    Class: Animals
    Source: Gift
    Size: 1x1
    Drops: Coins (50), Wool
    Collection: 480 minutes // 8 hours
    Coll. Speed-up: 32 gems
    Cap: 1
    Comments: Gift with a limited gems offer (530, 1400, and 2900 gems)
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...