Page 20 of 218 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Doorbuster sales | Limited time offers | Sales information

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by WittyWitch View Post
    I have one, so it doesn’t show up in the sale items for me. He drops wood and living wood most often, but yes he does drop an occasional rotten cabbage. I haven’t kept diligent track but I’d say one every 3 or so weeks.
    I have waited months for a cabbage hut to go back on sell. I have never won anything from the Barons tent and would love to. Should I save my gems for hut or buy the Gold Digger Gnome?

Nightclub Owner
    Gold Digger Gnome - (Card)
    Storable: Yes
    Info: An angry little gnome who looks very familiar. He might throw a Rotten Cabbage at you if you visit him! Place him to boost drops for Fools Gold, Rainbow Thread, Emerald Clovers and Golden...
    Type: Decoration
    Class: Animals
    Source: Event
    Size: 1x1
    Requirements: 400 gems
    Drops: Coins (324), Rotten Cabbage, Living Wood
    Events: Press Your Luck - March 2019
    Collection: 300 minutes // 5 hours
    Coll. Speed-up: 20 gems
    Cap: 1
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1569066
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by tealbird81 View Post
    I have waited months for a cabbage hut to go back on sell. I have never won anything from the Barons tent and would love to. Should I save my gems for hut or buy the Gold Digger Gnome?
    I would save my gems for the cabbage hut with a guaranteed daily drop

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by shambalaya View Post
    I would save my gems for the cabbage hut with a guaranteed daily drop
    Thanks so much for feedback.

Fashion Designer
    I don't have him in my market. Maybe because the limit is one?

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikilieb View Post
    Returning Feanor for a "refund" does not in any way hurt s8, they get away with what they just did to us. They dont care what you spend the gems on! They already have all our CASH.

I will keep my Feanor. But i will never give this company another dime. I guess that is good for the economy of the game.

I reject the explanation and I definitely reject the solution. This was a horrible, horrible business practice. I held out hope that it was a terrible accident, but I now whole heartedly believe it was completely intentional. I may be wrong, but that does not matter because my heart is now set in stone.
    I understand your perspective, but it does actually hurt us more than you'd think. Our teams had to take additional time to research and discuss to make the right decision and evaluate how to prevent this going forward, our support team now has additional manual requests to address, and the unknown factor of if some players will still want to enjoy our game. It really doesn't serve any of you to speculate like this.

The invitation to refund your pet if you decide not to keep him is still open to you and all players for the remainder of the work week.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for giving my gems back!
    StormID: neferlala

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    I understand your perspective, but it does actually hurt us more than you'd think. Our teams had to take additional time to research and discuss to make the right decision and evaluate how to prevent this going forward, our support team now has additional manual requests to address, and the unknown factor of if some players will still want to enjoy our game. It really doesn't serve any of you to speculate like this.

The invitation to refund your pet if you decide not to keep him is still open to you and all players for the remainder of the work week.
    I will keep the ones i bought, it will be my very last purchase. I have already be*** putting a lot of my gameboard pieces into storage. You lost my business on buying energy packs with the pig fiasco, now you have lost what was the MAJORITY of my purchases, marketplace sales. I now have zero trust in spending money on this game. Too many prizes not won, too many prizes worth ****.

This is not speculation, this is experience.

I assure you i have spent A LOT of money on castle story but you still get plenty of business. No worries.
    Last edited by Kikilieb; 03-16-20 at 10:43 PM.

Rhino Keeper

Elsa, S8 created this situation, your players (e.g. Customers) did not. You are not going to convince many of them to feel pity for additional workload you created for yourselves by a lack of due diligence on the front end. Should you really be admonishing them with a condescending tone? Surely you must expect a high level of frustration in reaction to this, especially, as many long-time players like myself will attest, this is hardly the first time S8 has made a mistake/decision like this "so as to protect the economies of the game". In a "real" world fighting a global pandemic, with our REAL global economy on the brink, I daresay S8 should consider how and where people will want to spend their diminishing resources in the future. In a time when most other companies are reaching out to their customer base with thoughts of support and assistance, THIS is a really BAD optic.
    Finally, Where is the transparency? Where is the notification splashed up on my CS screen as soon as I open up the game "We made a mistake, We are sorry. If you purchased Feanor and would like a refund, here's how." Your customers do not ALL use the Forum. You cannot make the assumption they do.
    Duchess of Hooville 🔘❎🔷❎{🐗}=============>
    ⚔️⚔Proud Member (#30) of The Thuakie Sword Society⚔⚔️
    and Keeper of the Thuakie Dagger ⛔️❌{🐍}[#######>

Nightclub Owner

I suspect the easiest, smartest way to have gone about this would have been to either just leave it alone or leave the time alone but simply change the drops. Make it random. Reduce the drops. No one would have really been the wiser because "random" seems to be a consistent aspect of with this game. Players have come to expect a certain randomness to the game. To have spent so much time researching and discussing and coming up with this controversial decision...well...doesn't make smart business sense to me.