Page 18 of 218 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Doorbuster sales | Limited time offers | Sales information

Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    It also looks like it's not limited to four-after I bought four initially you could still buy more. If anyone bought more than four were they taken away?
    I think that they are now limited to 4, but not in the first two days. I actually bought 6 of them and I still could buy more. In the new setting I can not buy it anymore. Thank god I was out of gems otherwise I would even bought more. I was actually waiting for a 30% discount gems offer so that I could even buy some more. Cause they were too good to be true.

Dont feel guilty about your initial message, cause if you didnt post it, I prob would have done it or any other player. For me this was the sale of the year. The fault is indeed at S8 and def not with a player who in its enthousiasm wanted to share positive experience with the community.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    I feel really bad because I was one of the first to post on how great he was and encourage others to get him
    I can understand why you might feel this way, yet I agree with others that S8 is the only person in the wrong here. We rely on each other to let us know what drops and timers are once someone's made the purchase of a new item, and you were only community building by posting. I think the 4 hr timer truly was a mistake (and not some insane marketing ploy). So, I think the fault lies with S8 for not doing quality control before release, and making it SOOOOOO much worse when there was the chance to do the right thing. They rely on us to spread the word to each other, this time, they set us all up to fail.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Hi, everyone. We appreciate your patience while we reviewed your feedback! We understand that it's disappointing when your experience doesn't meet your expectations. To make this right for those of you who would like the option of refunding Feanor, we invite you to contact our support team for assistance within the next ~7 days. Please submit your request before March 20th.

For players who are interested in more details, a difficult situation that all live games face is when an item is released that's unintentionally 'over-powered' or creates a significant imbalance that must be addressed. When this happens, it's very carefully reviewed and evaluated to see what the best course of action is. In this case, it's critical to the game's economy that Feanor be tuned and updated. We understand that this is unwelcome news and we apologize for any inconvenience! We will review what we can do to avoid this in the future.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Hi, everyone. We appreciate your patience while we reviewed your feedback! We understand that it's disappointing when your experience doesn't meet your expectations. To make this right for those of you who would like the option of refunding Feanor, we invite you to contact our support team for assistance within the next ~7 days. Please submit your request before March 20th.

For players who are interested in more details, a difficult situation that all live games face is when an item is released that's unintentionally 'over-powered' or creates a significant imbalance that must be addressed. When this happens, it's very carefully reviewed and evaluated to see what the best course of action is. In this case, it's critical to the game's economy that Feanor be tuned and updated. We understand that this is unwelcome news and we apologize for any inconvenience! We will review what we can do to avoid this in the future.

Thank you that is very kind.
    StormID: neferlala

Fashion Designer

I mean are you saying you didn’t know the effects on S8 economy of releasing a 4 hr timed energy source? This game has been our for how any years? To me that makes it sound intentional, like a ’ Let’s see what happens when we do this’ kind of thing. For those that have already purchased, you should meet us half way and put a 8 or 12 hour timer on it with the same drops.
    Queendom name - Codex Realm
    Lower Level Queendom - TheNameOfTheWind (ID: WiseMansFear )
    I accept all neighbor requests but do not visit often.

Farm Supplier
    Great that S8 will refund Feanor for those who purchased him. However it still makes no sense how it was a mistake and now an imbalance in the game economy which led them to fine tune him... that sounds like they changed him on purpose to me. This is not an interactive game other than when we have those competitions (forgot what it was called).
    The game economy has always been imbalanced and will remain that way in my opinion. Some people have tons of gems to speed up and some people have tons of Alicorns with a lot of energy saved up (which by no means matters to me bc players should get what they pay, play, and save for). However in my opinion those things like players having extra energy should not be something that unbalances the game economy since it is not an interactive game. Players can and should be able to play however they like with what they earned or paid for. I think S8 unbalances the game economy when regular players (those who do not have tons of gems or energy saved) cannot finish an event bc the requirements are too much. I just recently started saving energy and it has definitely made finishing events A LOT easier. When I did not have energy saved up and being at level 50, some events were too difficult to finish. Also S8 should definitely start considering advertising event prizes and their drops more accurately...(I have never received any gold nuggets from my snow castle which was the advertised prize).

Unhappy Regarding the "Feanor-gate" debacle

{S8} Elsa:
    Hi, everyone. We appreciate your patience while we reviewed your feedback!

Thank you. Though you probably would've seen a bit more patience if we'd been apprised of the situation along the way rather than leave us to wonder out loud on the forum...which inevitably becomes like fire feeding the flames & emotions run wild as people get more and more upset. Unnecessary

We understand that it's disappointing when your experience doesn't meet your expectations.
    Huh? Experience doesn't meet expectations?? Was that what this was about?? I understood it to be about people 'expecting' to get what was advertised (which we paid heavily for) OR better yet when the original "take-back" announcement was made, good business practice dictates that in a situation like this, customers most definitely should have been given some kind of offer for compensation or refund.
    So if it really was unintentional (which I'd like to believe) then why wasn't that done?

To make this right for those of you who would like the option of refunding Feanor, we invite you to contact our support team for assistance within the next ~7 days. Submit by March 20, 2020.
    At LEAST they are finally willing to make it right & give back, Yay!
    I hope millions of players request a refund for each & every single Feanor...may put a tiny dent in their coffers, but honestly, I just don't see how that's a BETTER solution.

For players who are interested in more details, a difficult situation that all live games face is when an item is released that's unintentionally 'over-powered' or creates a significant imbalance that must be addressed. When this happens, it's very carefully reviewed and evaluated to see what the best course of action is.
    Thank you S8, that's understandable & I appreciate the explanation

In this case, it's critical to the game's economy that Feanor be tuned and updated. We understand that this is unwelcome news and we apologize for any inconvenience! We will review what we can do to avoid this in the future.
    It's not my intention to be antagonistic, but I truly DO NOT understand. Exactly HOW is being "critical to the game's economy" even a possibility when we ALL have different energy sources/amounts to begin with? A rich player can buy oodles of daily Alicorns and accumulate tons of energy at whatever rate they desire by buying more Ali's, no??
    So is it affecting our (players) 'game economy' or is S8 just so greedy that they can not allow players to get maybe 5 energy/4 hours for such an overall low cost??

Bottom line? I believe everything happens for a reason and I can only pray that this caused S8 to take a good hard look at how they do business after hearing our thoughts about everything lately (...not good) and learned something good from it. I used to LOVE my CS Kingdom and I don't want to let it go~
    THANK YOU moderators & forum participants for the invaluable help!
    The trouble with trouble is, it starts out as fun
    FF ID: AaAPocos
    DS ID: CB's DraGoons
    CS ID: CB's Kingdom

Fashion Designer
    Hi, everyone. We appreciate your patience while we reviewed your feedback! We understand that it's disappointing when your experience doesn't meet your expectations. [I]To make this right for those of you who would like the option of refunding Feanor, we invite you to contact our support team for assistance within the next ~7 days. Please submit your request before March 20th. .
    In refunding Feanor, I'm expecting S8 to offer the option of refunding the cash we used to purchase gems for Feanor not just a credit of gems. I never keep a stockpile of gems due to gem traps.

Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    In refunding Feanor, I'm expecting S8 to offer the option of refunding the cash we used to purchase gems for Feanor not just a credit of gems. I never keep a stockpile of gems due to gem traps.
    I am afraid thats not going to happen. Only Google or Apple can provide you with a refund. Not the company itself, which can only provide you with gems.

Ok, based on the communication I think I understand the following:
    Feanor was released the way we planned it. We didn't made a mistake, but it didn't turned out the way we planned it.
    Especially our customers bought a bunch of them and we are very much afraid that it would stop them from buying our event packages. We need the income to keep driving this game.
    So we panicked and instead of slowly turning the timer back from 4h to lets say 8h and analyzing the impact of the new timer on the game we turned it back to 22h
    We forgot to communicate, which and let us be honest about it, is not our strongest suit. We started to communicate when we noticed that the community was sharpen their pitchforks and lighten their torches.
    We will provide unsatisfied customers with refund gems and erase their Feonors.

I truly hope that I completely misunderstood this...

S8 The best solution is not a gem refund, but a change of timers. I think that most players will like to keep their Feanor and can settle it for a 8 or 12 hour timer. In this way we will meet each other in the middle, but the solution offered right now is simple put very unsatisfactory for most players.
    Last edited by CelineDragoness; 03-13-20 at 04:30 AM.